• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Diary 20

pojSgc2.jpg

Great timing there...

Eleventh is some kind of
mastermind behind some of this then and Murmur got some plans too.
Yukki seems to have become quite messed up. And there were a lot of censoring, even more than usual.

Tenumi

Banned
Ugh.... So nothing came of all of the drama last night. Expected, sadly.

I'm gonna try to find something to watch today to get my mood up a bit.

Chariot

Ugh.... So nothing came of all of the drama last night. Expected, sadly.

I'm gonna try to find something to watch today to get my mood up a bit.
How about some Non Non Biyori, Yuyushiki, Yuru Yuri or the like? Never fails to raise my mood.
Well, TDM did, not "mods." Mods are people, and they have their own take on things. Assuming that every mod agrees with every post of every other mod is just silly. We disagree with each other, discuss it, and generally come to a consensus. And sometimes, one of us posts a silly post. I wouldn't make it into something it's not -- like some well-defined mod policy to hate on anime avatars -- especially given that a number of mods have anime avatars.
The mods have some responsiblity to represent the forum and it's policies. As such it should be clearly shown and remarked, when a mod does a critical post in a heated discussion. Mark it as /jk or /s, say "that's me as a user" or something like that. The ordinary user has no idea how serious a mod may be or how offical the content of a post is (generally spoken, this post was clearly not offical).
There are group of people who look down on anime and further look down on those who consume it and show it. Encouraging them seems like a unheathy idea for the atmosphere in the forum.

cajunator

Banned
Prowess comes with practice.

True. My practice is all centered around art, not writing.

I like a guy called June, quoting TDM an saying "Is this for real right now? This doesn't seem like the kind of behavior a mod of all users should be exhibiting at all. "

And this is his avatar
image.php

lol.

I posted in there but nobody took the bait
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120144559&postcount=1407

Spider girl ? in anime ? i require examples.

Wasurenagumo

In what backwards ass planet is a half naked blind grimdark girl with the personality of a stop sign a better rider than the definition of manliness and the ultimate bro king of conquerors? How can 2 people be so wrong? Archer, Lancer and maybe berserker I'll give you. But rider? No. Get out. Get out nao.

I want to be in this alternate universe version of GAF where racism and sexism (sexism especially) aren't tolerated by anyone, because it sounds glorious.

But really, the response to someone bringing up that something might be racist or sexist isn't to turtle up, get defensive, double down on what you were saying, or play the card that your opinions are being stifled. The better response in that situation is to sit back, try to see things from the other person's point of view, and evaluate the situation calmly from that perspective. Maybe you'll learn something new about yourself by doing that. Because it doesn't do any good to just kind of stick your fingers in your ears anytime someone complains about sexism.

And if a show you like is a little bit sexist, that's not the end of the world. You can recognize that a show has some sexist undertones in places, and still think that it's really enjoyable. The show can survive being called sexist. But maybe some people who face casual sexism every day of their lives will be a little bit better off if you at least acknowledge the existence of that sexism.

Bravo.

Chariot

In what backwards ass planet is a half naked blind grimdark girl with the personality of a stop sign a better rider than the definition of manliness and the ultimate bro king of conquerors? How can 2 people be so wrong? Archer, Lancer and maybe berserker I'll give you. But rider? No. Get out. Get out nao.

Please excuse the motivational poster, I had nothing else in stock.
I agree with you, people are probably confused because she is cute. Cute can corrupt the mind of the weak.

cajunator

Banned

FSN Rider is cute but even I wouldnt pick her over FZ BOSS Rider.

exactly. Wasurenagumo.

Future Diary 21

It's explained later, but haha.

A rather undramatic death for
Eleventh
then. Just
one shot
and dead. Still questions left to be answered though, but it's closing in on the end now especially with what's happening to the world.

Blusby

Hey man, Rider is great in Heavens Feel, only Nasu character that actually requires parsing.

Busaiku

Those character designs are so weird looking. What manga style is that reminiscent of? I can't remember what's called.

The comics are by the Princess Princess author.
Most of the male character designs in the show look like generic shoujo guys.

Well, TDM did, not "mods." Mods are people, and they have their own take on things. Assuming that every mod agrees with every post of every other mod is just silly. We disagree with each other, discuss it, and generally come to a consensus. And sometimes, one of us posts a silly post. I wouldn't make it into something it's not -- like some well-defined mod policy to hate on anime avatars -- especially given that a number of mods have anime avatars.

Joke or not, posting something like that in a thread that's already pretty much a war ground is just asking for trouble. It gives the dissenters more ammo and the ones that feel they're being persecuted (as silly as that may sound) a reason to lash out further. People just end up tossing around ad hominems even MORE than they already were.

Not that I think it's something worth getting super offended over or anything. I can understand the more vitriolic responses, though.

Jex

At first I thought VR would be cool but then I realised something. People will actually lose their lives to it. It may go beyond addiction to something that some may want to substitute with reality. Imagine if the AAA gaming devs (especially some of the Japanese ones) got their hands on it......well they probably have with Morpheus and Oculus.

There needs to be a new kind of warning on these machines.

I'm looking forward to it!

Jex

Cowboy the Bebop 11 - "Toys in the Attic"

Probably on rewatch one of the best episodes of Bebop all-up, even if it doesn't really develop any character so much as play off established ones. A really great sense of tension, fantastic presentation, some wonderful POV 'alien' stuff and four lessons which really do teach you something useful in life. Is there anything more you can ask for?

Nope. It's basically perfect.

Busaiku

Makoto's siblings are so cute.
Also Sousuke is so drama.

Also am I just going crazy?
I could've sworn that Nagisa was the same age as Haru and Makoto last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom