• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sengoku BASARA Judge End 01

QlIykYJl.jpg

HIDEYOSHI-SAMA

IEYASUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Oh good god, I'm so glad this is back. Pleasantly surprised they are taking an episode to do all the events that occur before the start of the third game. Nice to see any the cool callbacks there, like Ieyasu throwing away his spear and of course Hojo losing terribly as usual. Hell, even made me care about Hanbei as a character in the end.

OceanBlue

Fate/Kaleid 2wei 1
The return the loli yuri magical girls. The transformation scene was hilarious with Rin and Luvia drowning. The backgrounds and scenery look pretty nice and have some CG in them.

How was the first season? I'm planning on watching it at some point so I can watch the second season.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've heard that it was very popular, which is mainly why I'm interested in it.
That's not a good reason to be interested in something.

I've watched all of Magi. I don't think it's a very good show, but I don't really regret watching it. I like the world, even if it's really poorly established. There are hints of adventure in the show and some cool fights but for the most part the budget serves as a noose around the show's neck. And when that's not the problem the underwhelming cast or remedial political games muck everything up. It also tries to go full Dragonball. Never go full Dragonball.

Blusby

How was the first season? I'm planning on watching it at some point so I can watch the second season.

A pretty run of the mill Mahou Shoujo series, sometimes it's good but I found it overall as just okay. The cool stuff starts in 2wei! though so I'd suggest picking the series up if you have an interest. Alternatively you can read the original manga that the first season was based off of to get through it quickly as it's only 13 short, 30 page chapters.

It's alright. I liked the later fights of the show, but the early parts are not terrible. It's also interesting to see the characters from the Fate universe in different roles now. I've read the manga so I know the stuff that comes later is better.

That's not a good reason to be interested in something.

Sure it is.

"Here is a thing! A lot of people like this thing! Hmm, now why do a lot of people like that thing? Perhaps I should take a look at that thing to find out why a lot of people like that thing so I can solve this mystery!"

But as I said before, there's always the SAO example, so I could see some logic there.

EliCB8L.gif

dat flash animation

Yikes, that is pretty bad.

Can someone post a gif of a scene with a lot of motion? Like, are there fight scenes that have animation just as bad as that one Soul Eater Not! scene?

Momo Kyun Sword 1

Trashy retelling of an iconic folklore? What took so long!?

Yeah, dropped.

Yeah I didn't even bother, just looked at the description and the promotional art and walked away

Edit: @nintendoman58 Magi's story is great, yeah that art is really bad at points but overall it's still a very enjoyable ride if you can look past it

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 15

Lol at Mikado after everyone drew on him.

So we have a pair here who consists of a creepy guy who kisses girls as some sort of tactic, and an incredibly childish and obsessive-compulsive hoarder. Kinda hard to wonder how they became partners beyond being super ice-skating martial artists.

This is a long series, so I seriously hope the whole thing with Ranma and Akane acting all tsundere toward each other doesn't last much longer. It kinda hit critical mass in that one scene in this episode. Maybe if the whole family hadn't gathered 'round to watch it, they'd have made a step toward dropping it.

Sure it is.

"Here is a thing! A lot of people like this thing! Hmm, now why do a lot of people like that thing? Perhaps I should take a look at that thing to find out why a lot of people like that thing so I can solve this mystery!"

But as I said before, there's always the SAO example, so I could see some logic there.

Can someone post a gif of a scene with a lot of motion? Like, are there fight scenes that have animation just as bad as that one Soul Eater Not! scene?

But some of the animation issues in the wonky scenes were corrected after airing.

I enjoyed Magi both parts, second season is really good one of the better arcs in the entire action adventure realm of shonen targeted weekly series, while first half is pretty adventurous too but slightly less enjoyable.

The ost is one of the best around too, I think the musicians best three works.

cajunator

Banned
Sure it is.

video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNnruin03Mo

SHE DROPKICKS TIGERS IN THE FACE <3

OceanBlue

A solid magical girl series in its own right. The fights look on average pretty good, and the yuri levels are at maximum.

A pretty run of the mill Mahou Shoujo series, sometimes it's good but I found it overall as just okay. The cool stuff starts in 2wei! though so I'd suggest picking the series up if you have an interest. Alternatively you can read the original manga that the first season was based off of to get through it quickly as it's only 13 short, 30 page chapters.

It's alright. I liked the later fights of the show, but the early parts are not terrible. It's also interesting to see the characters from the Fate universe in different roles now. I've read the manga so I know the stuff that comes later is better.

Ah okay, that sounds good enough for me. It's nice to hear about 2wei as well. I have CR so I'll probably just watch the first season instead of reading the manga.

Eureka Seven - 6

Yeesh, why are these kids so unsupervised that they were able to go into a big generator-something room to pull on some important wires? Shouldn't a room like that require a passcode or something?

cajunator

Banned
Hanayamata 01

This was absolutely joyous to watch. the use of music, sound, color, style...its so gorgeous. This show is just beautiful looking. If you can get past that one girls face.
Naru as I said before is an absolute moenuke. Like seriously ridiculously powerful.

Andrew J.

Prisma Illya 2wei 01

Yep, that's more of this show, all right. Everything I liked about the first season seems intact here-the pre-:sdburton, the easygoing tone, the comedy, even a flash of sakuga! Best part was definitely Rin and Luvia arguing/dying throughout the entire transformation sequence, although I also like their attempt to completely no-sell their rivalry while they were in the limo.

Am I really going to be the first to make the obvious Simpsons reference here? OK...

"I'm seeing double!
Four Illyas!
"

Fate/Zero ep. 18

Finally, some much needed backstory. One of the show's problems is it keeps some cards way too close to its chest. The character focused episodes are constrained by the runtime but a breath of fresh air.

Quasar

I know theres some LN readers here, so I have a question. A friends looking for a LN and all he has is a half remembered premise. It being:

" A man a NEET until and in his thirties got kicked out by his parents, he does not do well at on his own but when he saw two kids about to get hit by a truck he manages to push them out of the way but gets hit himself. After dying he get re-incarnated in a generic fantasy world and decides to make the best at the unexpected second shot at life."

Any ideas?

Moussi

Barakamon Episode 1
To reiterate what others have said this seems like it will be really good if they keep it up. Such a great feel good anime that just inspires you to be great. Love it.

Aldnoah Zero
Huge potential here. Shit is about to get real. We'll see but it started out with a bang...

OceanBlue

I know theres some LN readers here, so I have a question. A friends looking for a LN and all he has is a half remembered premise. It being:

" A man a NEET until and in his thirties got kicked out by his parents, he does not do well at on his own but when he saw two kids about to get hit by a truck he manages to push them out of the way but gets hit himself. After dying he get re-incarnated in a generic fantasy world and decides to make the best at the unexpected second shot at life."

Any ideas?

Mushoku Tensei?

StormKing

Apparently the 2nd episode is called "
Earth's longest day"
and the 3rd episode is called
"Children of the Battlefield".

So there should be fighting and deaths in the next two episodes.

Quasar

Dragon Age and Mass Effect are anime, so yes!

Well looking at the trailer I'd probably just weep and say its the future of anime with all the 3D CGness that makes me sad. Damn you Pixar.

More seriously it seems US produced though (based on a non Japanese IP) so I wouldn't call it anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom