• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fate/Zero ep. 19

I'm glad I was wrong and this ended up being a continuation of the previous episode.
It took me way too long to figure out why Kiritsugu was in the middle of the water.
Shit, he made the right choice but... damn.

Fate/Zero ep. 20

Maiya's death was so forced. Don't try and flesh out a character right before you off them, it looks hella cheap.
The thing with the worm was just... Urobuchi. -_-

cajunator

Banned
c a j u n check your PMs

Saw it. thanks for the link.

Use the email tags. Close with [/email], and open with , with your message after the equals sign yet still within the brackets.

Thanks.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 1

Oh god thank goodness this is back. Rin and Luvia's voices made the henshin even better, plus 2 Illyas and one of them is brown! Illya being the best looking magical girl show in a season where we have Sailor Moon again is just hilarious

Looks really beautiful. hopefully they didnt blow the whole budget on the first episode!

Ok, so I watched the first episode of Himegoto. This might be the first anime I've watched in about 12 months. I think I might actually be able to will myself into watching the whole series thanks to the short length. It would be nice if more anime were 4 minutes long.

wooooow. Havent seen you round here in forever. Welcome back.

Thoraxes

I got an extra CR Guest Pass.

PM me if you want it. First come first serve. I'll put it up as a free-for-all if I get no takers before I go to bed.

Blusby

Kids on the Slope: Went in for jazz and came out with tears, this was a great series. Now to wait for Zankyou no Terror to air tomorrow, the Watanabe train just can't be stopped!

At least Sailor Moon Crystal doesn't intentionally appeal to lolicons.

I full-heartedly agree, noodle people >>> disgusting pedobait

I would have enjoyed season 1 a lot more if I didn't have to watch in fear of being reported.

Chariot

Sengoku Basara Judge End 01

Eh. I don't like the new character design, I don't like the retcon and I don't like that this shows seems to take itself way more serious than the others. We had that Oyaka-sama joke and Date speaking english, but it felt so lifeless.

Soma

Some CR passes:

NBZ3TWWVNGY

Used this one.

Thanks bruh.
NnBoCak.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well looking at the trailer I'd probably just weep and say its the future of anime with all the 3D CGness that makes me sad. Damn you Pixar.

More seriously it seems US produced though (based on a non Japanese IP) so I wouldn't call it anime.
I was mostly joking, to be fair. :p

I doubt Miyukichi was in them with her one minute of Kanbaru time so I wouldn't know!
Like Jexhius says, it's all about the snake anyway!

Ok, so I watched the first episode of Himegoto. This might be the first anime I've watched in about 12 months. I think I might actually be able to will myself into watching the whole series thanks to the short length. It would be nice if more anime were 4 minutes long.
I suppose the subject matter also helps for you. lol

Fate/Zero ep. 21

wellthatescalatedquickly.jpeg
I don't think I was imagining it but that strangulation was framed in a sexual manner. :|

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 1

iEXMdRzMJqlce.gif

Oh god thank goodness this is back. Rin and Luvia's voices made the henshin even better, plus 2 Illyas and one of them is brown! Illya being the best looking magical girl show in a season where we have Sailor Moon again is just hilarious
Holyshit, my eyes just orgasmed.

hey animegaf do you guys have any recommendations for romance anime/movies? I am kinda craving for some romance anime right now lol.

Im kinda looking for something like makoto shinkai's garden of words or the princess and the pilot if nothing else romcoms and the like is fine too :D

jgminto

Free! Eternal Summer 2

Muuuuch better than the first ep, that was really fun. Sosuke seems like a great addition, though I'm still worried about future drama with him. The previous captain's younger brother was kinda disappointed. I guess he's just the "confirmed straight" character. I'm sure that all the scenes with him and Gou will be super annoying.

hey animegaf do you guys have any recommendations for romance anime/movies? I am kinda craving for some romance anime right now lol.

Im kinda looking for something like makoto shinkai's garden of words or the princess and the pilot if nothing else romcoms and the like is fine too :D

'Say "I love you"' is fantastic aside from the last episode. There's Ao Haru Ride this season too but I can't say anything about the quality of that yet.

Vylash

WELL HAVE I GOT THE SHOW FOR YOU, It's called ef: A Tale of Memories. and it made me cry like a little baby. Also I recommend Kimi ni Todoke.

Yuo seen 5 Centimeters Per Second?

WELL HAVE I GOT THE SHOW FOR YOU, It's called ef: A Tale of Memories. and it made me cry like a little baby. Also I recommend Kimi ni Todoke.

hmm ive always been meaning to try out kimi ni todoke i only watched an ep before it got back logged will give it another shot ef sounds familiar but ill give that a watch too thanks XD

Yuo seen 5 Centimeters Per Second?
yeah ive seen it :D ive seen most of makotos films i personally like garden of words a lot more though personally :D

-Tatami Galaxy
-Amagami SS
-Kids on the Slope
-Spice & Wolf
-Honey & Clover

ive seen amagami and i heard good things about honey and clover and spice and wolf
and the other two look interesting will check those out as well XD

Blusby

-Tatami Galaxy
-Amagami SS
-Kids on the Slope
-Spice & Wolf
-Honey & Clover

firehawk12

Subete no aware

They best anime romance of the last 5 years is still Ano Natsu.
And not just because of the Kanna tears.

... School Days.

rofl everyones seen schooldays or at least i presume i remember when i was in high school and that last episode happened i think i never laughed so hard at the level of comeuppens for a main character in my life (i really hated makoto and sekai)

They best anime romance of the last 5 years is still Ano Natsu.
And not just because of the Kanna tears.

i saw ano natsu :D i really enjoyed it

hmm what about romantic anime films? anyone got any suggestions on that front? ive been trying to find some good ones but the selection seems kinda lack luster :T

Chariot

Kimi ni Todoke
Sukitte Ii na yo.
Lovely★Complex

Alle three are super cute and super cheesy. Good to feel good.

Soma

Kare Kano's a good one if you haven't seen it before.

Last few episodes are kinda weird but it's an overall enjoyable show.

Lurky

rofl everyones seen schooldays or at least i presume i remember when i was in high school and that last episode happened i think i never laughed so hard at the level of comeuppens for a main character in my life (i really hated makoto and sekai)

You and just about everyone else. They are some of the most hateable characters that I've seen in an anime.

Uh... The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

And I guess you've already seen Clannad, Kanon 2006 and Toradora?

actually i havent seen kanon 2006 and ive seen Girl who leapt through time and toradora is my go to romance series if i ever need a series to make me smile :p

You and just about everyone else. They are some of the most hateable characters that I've seen in an anime.

yup that ending was so satisfying at the end :3

edit: as a side has anyone check out tokyo ghoul? also kana hanazawa is in everything O-o like holy crap shes in so many roles now

cajunator

Banned
Aldnoah.Zero, Akame ga Kill!, Ao Haru Ride, Barakamon, Sailor Moon Crystal, and make sure to check out Zankyou no Terror tomorrow!

Ao Haru Ride, Barakamon, Illya, and Sabagebu, I'll also be the only one to tell you to try Rail Wars

Thanks yall. Sabagebu and Barakamon are in the short list along with Himegoto or whatever. Rail Wars is in there somewhere but has taken a bit of a backseat.

If you're not one of the people who dislike Clannad, then I'd recommend Kanon 2006.

yeah i quite like clannad so ill give this a go :D

edit: ah i see this is the updated one nvm

edit edit: whhhooo i got quite a list thanks guys ill try to write about some of the ones i decide to check out as i see them XD

Vylash

Persona 4 The Animation episodes 6+7

ibvXv35iFYcR1C.gif

Finally getting back to this since Golden is airing today, the anime is pretty funny and adds some interesting things that the game lacks like actually showing Aiya's daughter. Too bad it looks atrocious and feels so rushed, also I'm still pissed about how they treat Ai's suicide attempt as a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom