• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Love Stage!! 1

That was really fun! The visual gags and fun characters really made that entertaining. The whole cast is pretty fun, with Rei being the best as he is in Free! (that's a fun coincidence). The only person I didn't really like was the main character. I can't really relate or sympathise with a spoilt rich boy who is too lazy to take the opportunities that are handed to him. He's not a bad or annoying character, just not easy to relate to. If I was a cute rich boy celeb I'd be covered in cute boys 24/7, how can you let an opportunity like that go to waste!? I'm also not really a fan of the focus on drag. I feel like it's going to end up leading to a bunch of copouts or a super cliche ending. I also don't have any attraction to it personally so its inclusion in the story does nothing for me. The super yaoi look is still pretty unappealing, though I will say that it looks better in motion for most of the show than it did in the trailers and the still art. They could do way better but I don't think it's bad enough to stop me watching.

cajunator

Banned
Well okay this is kinda lazily done since it's almost 4 am and all but here, I think I did it right. CR times are PST and Funi times are EST. Couldn't figure out when Hulu and Daisuki put their stuff up but i think it's safe to assume it's the same day at least, anyway i hope i didn't forget anything

Sunday
CR - Akame Ga Kill 9:00 am
CR - DRAMAtical Murder 11:00 am
CR - Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 2 11:30 am
CR - Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 12:05 pm
FN - Space☆Dandy 2nd Season 10:30 am

Monday
CR - HaNaYaMaTa 11:00 am
CR - Blue Spring Ride 11:30 am

Tuesday
CR - Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! 8:00 am

Wednesday
CR - Free! Eternal Summer 8:30 am
FN - Free! Eternal Summer 11:30 am
CR - Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock 9:00 am
CR - Love Stage! 10:45 am
CR - Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 2wei! 11:15 am
CR - Momo Kyun Sword 11:30 am

Thursday
CR - Glasslip 8:00 am
CR - ARGEVOLLEN 8:30 am
CR- Locodol 12:00 pm
CR/DS - Persona 4 Golden: The Animation 12:00 pm, ??? DS
FN - Tokyo Ghoul 12:00 pm
CR - Terror in Resonance 12:50 pm
FN/DS - Black Butler Book of Circus 3:20 pm FN, ??? Daisuki

Saturday
CR/HL - Sailor Moon Crystal 3:00 am CR, ??? HL
CR/DS - Sword Art Online II 9:30 am CR, ??? Daisuki
CR/DS - Aldnoah Zero 10:00 am CR, ??? DS
CR - Rail Wars! 8:00 pm

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation
HL = Hulu
DS = Daisuki

Kudos! and I dont mean the snack bar.

AnGer

Also it needs to be pointed out that Sailor Moon Crystal airs bi-weekly on the first and third Saturday of the month.

If Fate/Zero wasn't so obviously a prequel it would be easier to pretend the rest doesn't exist. :/
Hey I feel shitty as hell I got my friends hyped for the universe thanks to this anime and now I have to sit down and tell them how this season is all about a guy saving girls with his penis.

Like the shift in tone is so drastic. I hope ufotable can do something since they managed to even make Kara no Kyokai into something decent. But that show was at least in a serious tone and had non shonen characters and not much of a harem. I wish ufotable had more creative liberty with the property. But nasu is already butthurt he couldn't interfere with fate zero. I swear he wanted to fuck with Rider in zero. Like that bastard wanted to actually change him into probably another cute half naked no personality girl like fsn's.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden 368

golemtnjo0.png
War is bad, war is a vicious circle etc. We get it, you don't have to smack us with it for the umpteenth time.

They significantly upped that battle from the manga version if I remember correctly. Should be done with that flashback in the next episode.

I dunno, if they somehow manage to turn Shiro into a tolerable lead character, that would be the miracle of miracles. I'm... not holding my breath. :(

i have this sinking feeling that i am one of the rare few who enjoyed f/sn :T then again i watched it when i was younger so i thought it was cool ...... maybe i should give it a rerun to see if my opinions have changed :T

cajunator

Banned
Hey I feel shitty as hell I got my friends hyped for the universe thanks to this anime and now I have to sit down and tell them how this season is all about a guy saving girls with his penis.

Like the shift in tone is so drastic. I hope ufotable can do something since they managed to even make Kara no Kyokai into something decent. But that show was at least in a serious tone and had non shonen characters and not much of a harem. I wish ufotable had more creative liberty with the property. But nasu is already butthurt he couldn't interfere with fate zero. I swear he wanted to fuck with Rider in zero. Like that bastard wanted to actually change him into probably another cute half naked no personality girl like fsn's.

Caster is some kind of mofu foxgirl in one of the Fate stories.

I don't hate FSN nearly as much as the rest of you it seems.

If I'm the only one saying positive things about the remake I hope I won't be considered some kind of troll.

If I'm the only one saying positive things about the remake I hope I won't be considered some kind of troll.

Don't worry about it. I've pretty openly said I love SAO and no one's put a hit out on me yet. Everyone hates everything but at least everyone keeps the hate focused on specific anime instead of specific users :D.

And I like FSN too. I hope the remake blows the original out of the water though.

Well okay this is kinda lazily done since it's almost 4 am and all but here, I think I did it right. CR times are PST and Funi times are EST. Couldn't figure out when Hulu and Daisuki put their stuff up but i think it's safe to assume it's the same day at least, anyway i hope i didn't forget anything

Hulu simulcasts for aniplex stuff goes up at the same time as CR.
Daisuki also goes up the same time as hulu and aniplex stuff, but has a one week delay on Black Butler for people in America.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's official, there are people that think the Lonely Beater is cooler than Jotaro Kujo...

Well he is the coolest guy in the universe so that's only natural. In fact I'm surprised there are people beneath him since all votes should have only gone to Kirito.

Why would you be considered a troll? People in here like mahouka, free and sao. Nobody outright attacks them for liking it. Heck I like psycho pass which outside of a few people here it's cool to hate on. I'll like the battles in fsn most likely I just can't give a fuck about any characters outside of saber, lancer, maybe assassin, and archer. The rest of them I can't stand or outright hate. I'm looking at you taiga and rin. And Rider.

Chariot

Last time we did anything like that everybody was just picking waifu teams for Idolm@ster.
Was that like a Idolm@ster fantasy league?

I have a feeling this venture would both be painful and hilarious.
I am certainly interested in these things.
Let's try this.

Hello
Please send an e-mail to notascam@animedreammachine.com including your username, your favorite male and your favorite female character of any show that ran last season.

White Album 2:
04a42759-4930-40db-93e7-44ab99eaa710.gif

Eh. From first ep you already knew which one of the girls is going to win in the end but they still had to go trough all those normal romance clices anyway. Blaah. Of course I also prefered the friendzoned girl. Also damn those last eps were bit too melodramatic for my taste. Foward button was used.

Why would you be considered a troll? People in here like mahouka, free and sao. Nobody outright attacks them for liking it. Heck I like psycho pass which outside of a few people here it's cool to hate on. I'll like the battles in fsn most likely I just can't give a fuck about any characters outside of saber, lancer, maybe assassin, and archer. The rest of them I can't stand or outright hate. I'm looking at you taiga and rin. And Rider.

Damn, Psycho Pass isn't well regarded here? I really like that anime. Out of Urobuchi's works it's probably the only one where I'm somewhat interested into the characters and the world building works really well for me. Mind you, I pretty much knew what Madoka would be about when going in, but still, even there the characters just didn't feel real to me.

As far as F/Z goes, I, too, couldn't really stand a lot of the characters and thought the amount of boring and redundant dialog was way too high. It's just so boring when your characters, especially those summoned folks, keep repeating their narrow-minded ideologies, even if the point was to show how wrong that kind of thinking is. I really didn't expect it going into the show but for the most part I only really enjoyed some of the better action scenes.

Rider may be a "bro" character. But he's talking so much stupid shit, I couldn't find myself liking him. Didn't help that I felt like the growing friendship between him and Waver felt completely unnatural.

Damn, Psycho Pass isn't well regarded here? I really like that anime. Out of Urobuchi's works it's probably the only one where I'm somewhat interested into the characters and the world building works really well for me. Mind you, I pretty much knew what Madoka would be about when going in, but still, even there the characters just didn't feel real to me.

As far as F/Z goes, I, too, couldn't really stand a lot of the characters and thought the amount of boring and redundant dialog was way too high. It's just so boring when your characters, especially those summoned folks, keep repeating their narrow-minded ideologies, even if the point was to show how wrong that kind of thinking is. I really didn't expect it going into the show but for the most part I only really enjoyed some of the better action scenes.

Rider may be a "bro" character. But he's talking so much stupid shit, I couldn't find myself liking him. Didn't help that I felt like the growing friendship between him and Waver felt completely unnatural.

Pretty sure Woofington is talking about FSN.

cajunator

Banned
i have this sinking feeling that i am one of the rare few who enjoyed f/sn :T then again i watched it when i was younger so i thought it was cool ...... maybe i should give it a rerun to see if my opinions have changed :T

Nah. I enjoyed it originally. I still kinda do. I realize that it had a lot of flaws and problems after watching Fate Zero. However it was one of my earlier animeand so holds a special place in my heart no matter how bad it was. It also ignited my interest in the Type Moon universe.

White Album 2:
04a42759-4930-40db-93e7-44ab99eaa710.gif

Eh. From first ep you already knew which one of the girls is going to win in the end but they still had to go trough all those normal romance clices anyway. Blaah. Of course I also prefered the friendzoned girl. Also damn those last eps were bit too melodramatic for my taste. Foward button was used.

that is the wrong disappointed gif.

White album 2 started out with a lot of promise. Then it devolved into ultimate melodrama out of Mexican soap opera. I really do hope they make a season 2 since I've read what happens from a summary and oh boy is it hilariously melodramatic. I won't watch it just read reactions.
I also thought that Psycho Pass was welcome here? I liked Psycho Pass (well except for off screening a certain character...)
So many people here when the discussion has started just bitch about how if you're gonna watch the show it's better if you watch/rewatch ghost in the Shell since it's the better IG show and the better Sci fi and bla bla bla. Also whenever I tried to have a serious discussion about their complaints I was met with a bunch of giggling about oats and the same 1 or 2 scenes in gif form where the animation budget fell off.

It's well regarded by a few of us but for the most part I've noticed it tends to be people making fun of the show. If every time this discussion has occurred I only happened to find the usual suspects then that's another thing.

Finalow

I also wanted to start FSN after finishing FZ but since I read pretty much everywhere that it's shit I never started it.
maybe one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom