• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

hey animegaf do you guys have any recommendations for romance anime/movies? I am kinda craving for some romance anime right now lol.

Im kinda looking for something like makoto shinkai's garden of words or the princess and the pilot if nothing else romcoms and the like is fine too :D

Princess and the Pilot, Hotarubi no Mori e, Gekijōban Bungaku Shōjo.

Blusby

Persona 4 The Animation episodes 6+7
Finally getting back to this since Golden is airing today, the anime is pretty funny and adds some interesting things that the game lacks like actually showing Aiya's daughter. Too bad it looks atrocious and feels so rushed, also I'm still pissed about how they treat Ai's suicide attempt as a joke.

I hope the Golden Yu is a deadpan character like his predecessor, it was probably the only thing that the previous adaption did right.

Just lettin' ya know, these are all ahead by a day.

has anyone seen garden of words? Makoto shinkai newest(?) film? i know ive mentioned it here since i posted 20 minutes ago but i really recommend it the visuals are amazing and the story is really nice :D

jgminto

Bakumatsu Rock 2

The CG during the performances is so bad...it's really distracting. The Shinsengumi seem like they'll be good rivals for the rock band. I kinda love how unapologetically yandere Okita is, I guess girls do eat that shit up over there.

has anyone seen garden of words? Makoto shinkai newest(?) film? i know ive mentioned it here since i posted 20 minutes ago but i really recommend it the visuals are amazing and the story is really nice :D

It got voted as the third most popular movie/OVA in that NeoGAF anime of the year 2013 thing.

I finished up Fate/Zero. Overall, the second season is a grade above the first season. I'm tempted to play Fate/stay night now but I'm probably better off waiting for the new anime.

duckroll

I finished up Fate/Zero. Overall, the second season is a grade above the first season. I'm tempted to play Fate/stay night now but I'm probably better off waiting for the new anime.

F/Z is a good story about bad men and their bad decisions. F/SN is a bad story by bad writers and their bad decisions. :(

wonzo

Banned
Inevitable F/SN thread should use that as its subtitle.

Fate/Stay Night TV Anime (2014) |OT| A bad story
But then you'd just get the incessant whinings of Nasu stans being all salty over the "negative" title.
qq.gif

Perhaps I'm better off just looking at the wiki and reading up on the lore and calling it a day.
It's best to just pretend it doesn't exist.

duckroll

The hardest thing about going from F/Z to F/SN will be the awkward tone. Instead of an institutionalized power grab war filled with trained professional adults who have their own motives and ambitions, the story "continues" as a shonen power fantasy about some dumb kid with no backbone who chances upon magical powers and finds himself surrounded by girls who also have magical powers and want his dick bad. :/

The hardest thing about going from F/Z to F/SN will be the awkward tone. Instead of an institutionalized power grab war filled with trained professional adults who have their own motives and ambitions, the story "continues" as a shonen power fantasy about some dumb kid with no backbone who chances upon magical powers and finds himself surrounded by girls who also have magical powers and want his dick bad. :/
Surely the new adaptation will bring the latter closer to the former. Right?
It's best to just pretend it doesn't exist.
I'm willing to heed this advice.

cajunator

Banned

I dont know how they will rescue this one.

fertygo

The hardest thing to overcome is to make Shiro's persuasion to Saber not came across as offensive, that very impossible task lol

Just announce omnibus format already jebus.

Quasar

Well as I've said before I preferred that over the grimdarkness of F/Z. And frankly this new version I expect to pretty much all grimdark all the time. Which is exactly the kind of thing I'm not wanting.

Chariot

Plus, everyone is dumb and incable, which is the only reason Shiro isn't dead after the first encounter. Heck, we have
two people who are not even mages, two masters that aren't even a real master and the king of dicks.

Narag

How else could they do it? I honestly think people will be disappointed.

obv by not having Saber take Shirou's "girls can't fight" shit seriously. They sort of managed that in the first TV Reproduction compilation but having such a tiny runtime probably helped more than anything as they could trim so much fat without regret.

Vylash

Well okay this is kinda lazily done since it's almost 4 am and all but here, I think I did it right. CR times are PST and Funi times are EST. Couldn't figure out when Hulu and Daisuki put their stuff up but i think it's safe to assume it's the same day at least, anyway i hope i didn't forget anything

Sunday
CR - Akame Ga Kill 9:00 am
CR - DRAMAtical Murder 11:00 am
CR - Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 2 11:30 am
CR - Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 12:05 pm
FN - Space☆Dandy 2nd Season 10:30 am

Monday
CR - HaNaYaMaTa 11:00 am
CR - Blue Spring Ride 11:30 am

Tuesday
CR - Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club! 8:00 am

Wednesday
CR - Free! Eternal Summer 8:30 am
FN - Free! Eternal Summer 11:30 am
CR - Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock 9:00 am
CR - Love Stage! 10:45 am
CR - Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA ILLYA 2wei! 11:15 am
CR - Momo Kyun Sword 11:30 am

Thursday
CR - Glasslip 8:00 am
CR - ARGEVOLLEN 8:30 am
CR- Locodol 12:00 pm
CR/DS - Persona 4 Golden: The Animation 12:00 pm, ??? DS
FN - Tokyo Ghoul 12:00 pm
FN - Terror in Resonance 12:50 pm
FN/DS - Black Butler Book of Circus 3:20 pm FN, ??? Daisuki

Saturday
CR/HL - Sailor Moon Crystal 3:00 am CR, ??? HL (bi weekly airing)
CR/DS - Sword Art Online II 9:30 am CR, ??? Daisuki
CR/DS - Aldnoah Zero 10:00 am CR, ??? DS
CR - Rail Wars! 8:00 pm

Legend:
CR = Crunchyroll
FN = Funimation
HL = Hulu
DS = Daisuki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom