• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycho Pass Edit Episode 1
BsNx0v7CEAA_bZE.png

Glad to see Kagari again bringing good feelings again. Ive missed the OP and Egoist so much.

So there are little changes from the original?

Think I'll skip out.

RangerBAD

I mean it seems their going for
some kind of experiment to make super soldiers or super intelligence or something ala Monster and the two terrorist are escaped victims of these experiments.
I still don't know if I'd call that super natural though without a massive stretch.

Supernatural didn't even pop into my head.
It's clear, like you said, they were doing experimentation, probably inhumane, on children and that's the reason for their actions. Their first target was the MPD HQ which is a government organization. Not sure how I really feel about this show, especially if innocent people get killed. Almost feels like death flags are being raised for the two male main characters.

Also, why didn't Gabriel Robin (Yoko Kanno) sing the OP and ED? :(

Quasar

Blue Spring Ride 1

Getting some strong Say "I Love You" vibes from this show. Except this show has some pretty decent comedy to it. Some of it falls flat on its face and other bits are really funny. I think this may be my Engaged to the Unidentified of the season. We will see. Definitely a better first episode than most this season.

Its my World is Still Beautiful of the season.

Jarmel

Banned
Terror In Resonance spoilers:
When Lisa is holding the bomb the ability to lead her by the the number of neccesary steps is a sign of omnipotence, the most math wizard shit to ever exist, or our writer being a hack? Then we have to ask how things happened without our characters taking part in them. Is the power cut because there are other cohorts (this would be pretty shit writing), because the main characters can be in multiple places at once, because they can predict the future, or because l;kjasdfwhopwel;kjsldfkkkk who cares? There will be supernatural shit in this show or it would be even stupider.

Or
The main character clearly being incredibly intelligent and having the entire building lay out memorized planned for this attack. Again they're clearly going for a Monster vibe in how the two boys became different same a Johan from that series. If the main character really had the magic powers you claim he did he wouldn't need to ask her where in the building she was. You can call it hack writing all you want but if this goes down a similar path to Monster which a lot of signs point to it really can be explained as "the main character is a tortured/mad genius and knew the whole building lay out down to a t"

See, this is why we get exposition.

redhood56

Banned
I absolutely loved it. I was really impressed with the attention to detail(desktops, youtube, and the iphone camera app).
I give it 10.45398 gundam butts out of 11.8723542!

Can't wait to see your impressions of ep3. Beware of umbrellas.

Yep! I dropped the show (more or less, still on my CR queue) at episode 3. Though, I was watching it at night before I went to sleep, so I just couldn't really handle it at the moment. Just nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Maybe one day I'll pick it back up. I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel in regards to CR. I might start checking out what I've missed on Funi or Amazon Prime.

cajunator

Banned
I'm sure if I had my monocles or whatever on, there would be a ton of problems I might have with FSN but at the end of the day, it's fun. It's not high literature or even high pulp literature but it's an engrossing story in an engrossing universe. Shirou has plenty of GAR moments and the story is dynamic for a large extent. Add onto ufotable's godlike animation and direction and I expect the new season to be super good even if the writing isn't the classiest.

FSN is at its most basic parts very similar to Fate Zero. you still have mages and servants waging war for the grail. Still have the same group of characters, only some are grown up from the kids they were in FZ. The difference lies in the teenage perspective of the show and the silliness that occurs as a result. Its still a dark series but has more light hearted moments where everything is not nearly as dead serious as it was in FZ (aside from Rider and Waver being bros in the mall)

Future Diary 24

No wonder Yuno is messed up.

And now Yukki have to save Yuno from uh... herself :p

I always think of all the people I know (and millions I dont) who grow up in similarly fucked up situations and have to endure. Its no wonder some people grow up to be killers and psychos really. Its very very sad and theres not much a person can do about it.
I saw one unfortunate person on twitter whose parents make him sleep in a room with mold on the walls. I mean what the fuck? Who does that to a kid?

The should make a Catherine anime instead.

This I would watch intently. So much potential here!

What's Nozaki-kun?

an adorable little show with a manga ka and his assistant who has a secret crush on him. Shes soooooo cute.

Thanks for reminding me I need to watch this!

As someone who tries to avoid bad anime I thought I would change it up a bit this season. I've taken up the challenge to watch everything airing this season in hopes of discovering something I wouldn't normally watch and learn something about anime.

However, I won't be watching any sequel anime that I haven't seen the previous season of. Three episode rule applies, I don't think I have the endurance to do this the whole season. Even if this doesn't work out hopefully you guys will get a good laugh. Okay, let's get started...

Akame ga Kill! 01

A grim dark story with characters who act like they're in a moe comedy.

Ao Haru Ride 01

A rom com where they confess their love during the first episode? It's all in the past now though, dude has turned into a prick.

Bakumatsu Rock 01

We have a drag queen pizza parlour owner and a transformation sequence that strips the characters down to their bottoms when they play their instruments. This show is fabulous.

Barakamon 01

Pretentious artists moves to small island city to get some perspective while dealing with the cutest (and rather annoying) little girl.

DRAMAtical Murder 01

A gang war in virtual space between a bunch of pretty boys and your pet acts as your personal R2D2.

Locodol 01

Well that was a complete trainwreck.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun 01

Love is a strange thing.

Glasslip 01

Less than a minute of glass making and half the episode about chickens. What am I watching?

I have to find a better order to watch these things other than alphabetical. Going from Akame ga Kill! to Ao Haru Ride was huge mood whiplash.

Standout so far is Nozaki-kun. It is genuinely funny and the character animation is great.

Watch Hanayamata. you might enjoy it!

mankoto

Persona 4:The Golden Animation 1
With how they improperly introduced the characters, they might have well a said "we hope you've played the game by now, otherwise you're SoL."

This variant of Yu is better than the last version though. The scene with Morokin was hysterical.

Watch Hanayamata. you might enjoy it!

Well, I am watching everything and I have watched Hanayamata. I'm going to post all of my impressions in one condensed post. I don't know how I'm going to able to keep track of all the characters names this season. I have a hard enough time remember character's names when I'm watching just one anime at a time.

Achievements AND cards?
uExLwKI.gif

You now have my attention. Those husbandos....

mankoto

Well, I am watching everything and I have watched Hanayamata. I'm going to post all of my impressions in one condensed post. I don't know how I'm going to able to keep track of all the characters names this season. I have a hard enough time remember characters names when I'm watching just one anime at a time.
Same here. I just go back to the episode and skim through to find a line that has the name I'm looking for.

Hugstable

Banned
Well, I am watching everything and I have watched Hanayamata. I'm going to post all of my impressions in one condensed post. I don't know how I'm going to able to keep track of all the characters names this season. I have a hard enough time remember characters names when I'm watching just one anime at a time.

You now have my attention. Those husbandos....

So many shows this season o_o. I know I will check out Episode 2 of Barakamon, Aldnoah Zero and Locodol, don't think I can watch more than that though as I'm still catching up on other anime. I don't think I can keep track of more than 5 shows without forgetting things haha.

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 2

It was good episode and the animation wasn't bad. Though I do want to find out more about Ghouls and how they came to be. It was also cool to see the MC snap like that and it's nice knowing he can drink coffee too.

Oh yeah about the censoring what did Toka do to the MC in the beginning.

So many shows this season o_o. I know I will check out Episode 2 of Barakamon, Aldnoah Zero and Locodol, don't think I can watch more than that though as I'm still catching up on other anime. I don't think I can keep track of more than 5 shows without forgetting things haha.

I'm mostly doing this for some fun. I'm likely to drop everything after I hit three episodes. It was hard enough getting through the first eight I've posted impressions about. I had to take three naps before I could mentally prepare myself for more anime.

Tokyo Ghoul 2

Man I don't even mind the 'am I am a man or a ghoul' melodrama but fuck me that censorship sucked ass. I hope the whole show won't be like this. That fight scene was ruined

Mature

Tokyo Ghoul 2

Man I don't even mind the 'am I am a man or a ghoul' melodrama but fuck me that censorship sucked ass. I hope the whole show won't be like this. That fight scene was ruined
I don't see how it wouldn't be. I don't have any special connection with the show, but If I do end up watching it, I'll just wait until it's uncensored like others.

Busaiku

I stopped watching the Black Butler animation in the 1st season when they veered off into original content. I skipped the 2nd series cause it was pretty much original content (right?).
I do follow the comics though, so should I be good to go if I just want to see the crazy stuff that happens in the Circus?

So Trigger is still in the running then?

I really want Trigger to do this
Does Trigger even have the manpower to do a 2D mecha series? (Assuming they would be given the budget.) Otherwise they would have to partner up with another studio for 3D mecha.

Xebec.

To sum it up, don't post anything remotely lewd because depending on how someone views it you could get a ban. Theonik was a casualty from linking to a gallery that had collections of butts from Strike Witches.

Ah. Now DTL's SFW avatar makes sense. I was confused all day.

Terror in Resonance Episode 1

The Opening and Ending were really great. I gotta say though the visuals were really stunning and the way the terrorist attacks were captured were great. I really want to find out why there using these type of means, what's the reason for their motive. This is among the best first episode of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom