• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
shaft is the best studio. Period.

Why won't Crunchy do Himegoto.
Darn it.

I dunno but I want to see it.

Another 01

A nice first day at a new school.

Dead parent, talking bird, random stills of weirdness, sick and injured classmates and a mysterious girl. Am I liking this? You'll find out soon enough.

So much violence awaits you. So very much.

what a mind blowing review

Yeah that was pretty clever. Hence why he is AWEOSMEBEAR.

Somebody here said it was like Final Destination the anime so that's why :p

It certainly has that kind of feel to it.

Ranma 1/2 18

Oh my God this show is hilarious. This Shampoo girl is going to kill me.

Shampoo is amazing. One of the first girls in anime that I squeed about.
Maybe she even caused my cute obsession.

Just for a laugh, this is how terrible the censoring in episode 2 of Tokyo Ghoul got:

gkbU6T8.jpg

This is completely and utterly ridiculous.

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-animated-series-details/

Should we start taking bets on which B/C tier studio ends up doing this?

ooooh I might watch this. My bet is on Madhouse.

I'm mostly doing this for some fun. I'm likely to drop everything after I hit three episodes. It was hard enough getting through the first eight I've posted impressions about. I had to take three naps before I could mentally prepare myself for more anime.

Anime is some pretty exhausting stuff. After a marathon session I fall asleep so fast. If not in the middle of it.

Tokyo Ghoul have some weird as fuck fluids too. It was too much like this:
qq.gif

Whaaaaat in the hell?

I love Madhouse. I'm all for those guys.

Me too! I always loved that studio.

Recently? No Game No Life. But you really don't want to watch that. And Mahouka. But you really don't want to watch that

BAD DOG.
Though if you just mean Femmeworth no she would really hate it.
But NGNL is awesome and fun. Animegaf loves it.

Clov

See I don't judge studios only on their best work either. Hence why fuck Trigger until they make a good show.

And no Inferno Cop does not count that had no animation and was like minutes per episode of pure Robot Chicken. While I'm on that, I don't see the love for Shaft either.

Personally I love Shaft. They may have more misses than hits overall, but they gave me Hidamari Sketch, Zetsubou Sensei, and Madoka. I even enjoyed the Monogatari series (Well, not all of it. Can't stress enough how much I loved Koimonogatari, though). That's good enough for me!

As for Trigger, Little Witch Academia was fun and lively. Looking forward to the second one!

mankoto

I wonder if it would've been better if they split it into two eps per sword.
I don't think so. It would feel weird since one episode would essentially be a set up for the next.

See I don't judge studios only on their best work either. Hence why fuck Trigger until they make a good show.

And no Inferno Cop does not count that had no animation and was like minutes per episode of pure Robot Chicken. While I'm on that, I don't see the love for Shaft either.
But...

BW1gJwP.jpg

And no Inferno Cop does not count that had no animation and was like minutes per episode of pure Robot Chicken.While I'm on that, I don't see the love for Shaft either.

Shaft isn't popular just because of their best show Madoka Magica.

They also did the popular Monogatari anime as well. I hear a lot of praise for that around here.

Not only that, they're also responsible for the widely acclaimed Hidamari Sketch. You won't watch it for obvious reasons though. That's just mainly where most of fan's love for this studio comes from.

Thoraxes

vFODcJT.jpg

Sorry, I just had to.

Idk if I was the only one, but I though Mekaku clearly appeared to be way low budget even by SHAFT standards. Left me wondering how much they're going to clean up the BDs because it was clear that most of the labor went into Nisekoi.

Idk if I was the only one, but I though Mekaku clearly appeared to be way low budget even by SHAFT standards. Left me wondering how much they're going to clean up the BDs because it was clear that most of the labor went into Nisekoi.

If by "clean up the BDs" you mean "Add a new light filter and different colored shoelaces" then yeah, it'll look great

cajunator

Banned
Shaft gets a pass any and every time for Hidamari Sketch.

Damned right!

Oh it's on bear senpai

YCfX6Cy.jpg

Ok that was hilarious.

Personally I love Shaft. They may have more misses than hits overall, but they gave me Hidamari Sketch, Zetsubou Sensei, and Madoka. I even enjoyed the Monogatari series (Well, not all of it. Can't stress enough how much I loved Koimonogatari, though). That's good enough for me!

As for Trigger, Little Witch Academia was fun and lively. Looking forward to the second one!

I like hidamari, Madoka, Denpa Onna, Moonphase, Soredemo, Nisekoi, Vampire bund, Arakawa, Mekaku city actors, Popotan, Pani Poni, Monogatari series
Theres way more to love about them than to hate.
They always choose really fun and interesting source material and they have a unique style of presenting it.

Firemind

Hidamari Sketch is a wonderful show, but let's be honest, it's not like it's an animation marvel. Zetsubou Sensei is not much better.

Well it should be there. I mean, I always kinda assumed it was the big magnum opus of that company considering the huge following it got. What tops it?

Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Natsu no Arashi
Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei
Maybe Monogatari

Some people would include Hidamari Sketch.

Hidamari Sketch is a wonderful show, but let's be honest, it's not like it's an animation marvel. Zetsubou Sensei is not much better.
The first season of Hidamari is one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei is the only show I'd rank above Madoka, and specifically because of season 1. Unless I'm not thinking of an obvious show I love right now.

edit: just remembered Soredemo. So yeah. That then SZS. Then Madoka.

You were like a German to my Brazilian.

Winning wasn't enough you had to make me your bitch. Well congratulations. You basteh'd

Clov

Of course they're not! They're not well animated at all. I love them despite that. They both do still have style despite their limited animation, and are filled with enjoyable characters. Zetsubou Sensei in particular I love for its sense of playfulness. They always liked trying new (but very silly) things in its episodes, like the episode where they continually switched voice actors around, or the episode where the characters appeared as paper cutouts (done by Shaft's friends at Gekidan Inu Curry). It's not groundbreaking stuff, but it's fun, and made me laugh more often than not. Things definitely started slowing down once they reached season three though, which is why I'm glad they're giving Sensei a rest.

Persona4 the Golden ANIMATION 1

you know, maybe it's because I vastly prefer the dub version, or perhaps it's because of the liberties it takes with the story, or hell it might even be the inferior soundtrack but...

As a massive Persona 4 fan I though this was fucking awful.

And that makes me really sad.

The sub vs. dub thing isn't gonna change, but I hope the rest of this improves in the coming episodes or it's gonna be a massive stain on one of my favourite games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom