• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Does Trigger even have the manpower to do a 2D mecha series? (Assuming they would be given the budget.) Otherwise they would have to partner up with another studio for 3D mecha.

They would obviously use this as warmup practice for Imaishi's next series. Grinding for more exp!

Terror in Tokyo 1

Man fuck all y'all that was a great first episode. The animation was top notch, the two leads will have a great dynamic, and the female lead... well she isn't much of anything right now. But man both of the vehicles scene were great. And the opening was so good too. Their suits looked like they wanted to cook some blue meth.

But as to the act. They can try and take credit. But we all know who really did it.

pvA1uWT.jpg

FUCK-AAAAAAAAA U WHARE. AND FUCK-AAA U DORRRRPHIN!

Jarmel

Banned
Xebec can vary wildly. That said, this ain't getting a high budget so who knows. Chances are it's going to Madhouse though just because Warner Bros does have experience with them due to Superrnatural.

Eureka Seven - 7

Wow, these guys are jerks. Come on Renton, how gullible are you?

This episode was worth it though for Renton's "the flavour of salty tears" line though.

mankoto

Psycho-Pass Extended Edition 1

And just like Katanagatari, I fell asleep during the middle of the episode. Well, I saw the series beforehand so it isn't so bad. After a quick skimming, the only new scenes are the 2 inner monologs, right?

Linkark07

Banned
Glasslip - 2

So wait, isn't this some normal slice of life anime?; wasn't expecting this future stuff. Anyways, we still have that drama.

Black Butler: Book of Circus - 1

Really missed that one. Even though I knew the ending of the first season was filler, it left me with a sour taste on my mouth. Didn't even bother watching that second season. At least we are back on track with the manga, with more Ciel and Sebastian. And what a way to start this season.

Fate/Kaleid 2wei - 1

Seems the same like the first season, not that it is a bad thing. Expecting more action from this one though.

Ao Haru Ride - 1

For some reason this reminded me of Kimi ni Todoke. So yeah, gonna keep watching this.

Kansoku

Don't know. I just can't handle lengthy episodes. I end up waking up and start watching where I dozed off, but it happened every time.

I like Katanagatari and all but with how wordy and long each episode is it's not surprising!

lol, the I got so hyped with everything that I only noticed the episodes were 40 minute long around the 6th episode. But then again, I'm used to American series that are all 40min if it's not a sitcom (and then there's Sherlock with 90 goddamn minutes). I wonder if it would've been better if they split it into two eps per sword.

See I don't judge studios only on their best work either. Hence why fuck Trigger until they make a good show.

And no Inferno Cop does not count that had no animation and was like minutes per episode of pure Robot Chicken. While I'm on that, I don't see the love for Shaft either.

See I don't judge studios only on their best work either. Hence why fuck Trigger until they make a good show.

And no Inferno Cop does not count that had no animation and was like minutes per episode of pure Robot Chicken. While I'm on that, I don't see the love for Shaft either.

Inferno Cop totally counts because it was awesome.

Recently? No Game No Life. But you really don't want to watch that. And Mahouka. But you really don't want to watch that

Hey, I like both of those shows. :(

Dammit, why am I even subscribing to Crunchyroll?

Eh, for the most part, CR didn't do too bad this season. They got the vast majority of the shows I was interested in, and it keeps me from having to navigate Funimation's shitty site for another season.

How do you feel about Sunrise.

Fireblend

Banned
Alright. I've decided to stick with Sailor Moon, Barakamon and Terror in Resonance. Maybe Akame Ga Kill if the second episode is any good.

Also I watched Tokyo Ghoul 2 just to see how ridiculous it could get. The answer was "very".

Thoraxes

That's because you don't like things that other people like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom