• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terror in Resonance Episode 1
BsOpGP-CEAAYEKE.png

Better start than I expected, people usually hype up pretty mediocre properties associated with one of the staff member so I was cautiously expecting another terrible work, but was wholly surprised to see a pretty excellent story being told. I think one of the weak links in the story could prevent it from truly shining
Lisa's personality is a problem especially to be an accomplice since weve had many characters of similar personalities in such a role that it just feels really unoriginal offering nothing new or interesting. And worst yet could become a stumbling block for the characters who one is trying to move on. Baffling decision by twelve to bring her along in order to help nine move on. Why are outgoing characters never in the accomplice role?

Aimer is the best part of the music force at work with yet another delightful song to tickle our ears with. I cant wait for the full single as well as any other songs associated with it.

Twelve gave best moments and put on the best performance.

I liked half of it, but favourite romance anime? I guess if you have a thing for crazies.

How can you say you love her when you can't even answer her messages?

pls respond
It was moreso the stories of the people and girls themselves rather than the actual romance itself.

Clov

I dunno. I really don't have much desire or motivation to return to it.

Eh, it's fine I guess. It's an entire arc starring Kaiki (the conman from Nise), so if you really liked him you'd probably love it. If not, it might not be your kind of thing.

cajunator

Banned
lZobIpL.jpg

This pisses me off a lot more than it should.

Hahaha. It never bothered me much but the "ht" part is what cuts off for me.

That scene is insane.

With all the talk about Soredemo, I just wanted to share one of my many favorite moments in that show.

Half of the appeal for me is Hotori's VA, Chiaki Omigawa. Perfect for the character.

A lot of people dont like Chiaki but I will always love her.
So will AWESOMEBEAR. She has our undying support.

It's okay. I haven't even watched Madoka beyond the first episode.

No it's not okay. That's a problem that requires fixing!

Though I have to admit, I was pretty much the same when it came to that show. I found it on a whim, watched the first episode, and turned it off for a while.

Then I heard everybody raving on about it before going back and finishing it. Then it became one of my favourite shows.

Superflat

I have to admit, I only watched about half of Soredemo before I dropped it. Maybe I should finish it this weekend.

There's no moment or switch that makes the show brilliant, but it's a collection of really introspective and silly moments that puts a slight twist on SOL and nails what I love about the genre at the same time.

It's okay. I haven't even watched Madoka beyond the first episode.

giphy.gif

Clov

Maybe I was being a bit too harsh when I said they had more misses than hits; looking at the stuff I've seen by them, it's more 50-50ish. Lots of stuff that I liked, but a handful of stuff I wasn't big on.

cajunator

Banned
No it's not okay. That's a problem that requires fixing!

Though I have to admit, I was pretty much the same when it came to that show. I found it on a whim, watched the first episode, and turned it off for a while.

Then I heard everybody raving on about it before going back and finishing it. Then it became one of my favourite shows.

Madoka is pretty amazing. It was a perfect storm of things going just right and the characters were designs by a goddess.
Interestingly enough, I tried to get my friend in town to watch Madoka Magica for over a year and he kept shrugging it off. then one day I brought the full series over when he was ready to see it and he declared it one of the best animes he has ever seen.

jman2050

Madoka is nominally their best show.
SZS is their actual best show.
Soredomo is best show for contrarians (what I've seen of it is pretty baller though)
Monogatari exists as some sort of strange omnipresent entity that is both amazing and incoherent, sometimes both at once.
Hidamari Sketch is their cult classic of sorts.
Denpa Onna is their underrated guilty pleasure (totally not biased at all, nope)
Vampire Bund doesn't exist.

Everything else runs the usual gamut of being pretty good to being pretty bad.

cajunator

Banned
Okay. You guys convinced me. I need to watch this show.

Mission accomplished :)

Madoka is nominally their best show.
SZS is their actual best show.
Soredomo is best show for contrarians (what I've seen of it is pretty baller though)
Monogatari exists as some sort of strange omnipresent entity that is both amazing and incoherent, sometimes both at once.
Hidamari Sketch is their cult classic of sorts.
Denpa Onna is their underrated guilty pleasure (totally not biased at all, nope)
Vampire Bund doesn't exist.

Everything else runs the usual gamut of being pretty good to being pretty bad.

Sure it does. I bought it from an animegaffer in fact!

Madoka is pretty amazing. It was a perfect storm of things going just right and the characters were designs by a goddess. Interestingly enough, I tried to get my friend in town to watch Madoka Magica for over a year and he kept shrugging it off. then one day I brought the full series over when he was ready to see it and he declared it one of the best animes he has ever seen.

It's because until episode 3, everyone just shrugs it off as magical girl bullshit. Then.... shit gets real.

The 3 episode rule is always important. No exceptions.

Wait, what? I don't even.... Episode 3 usually gets everyone on the Madoka train.

Eh, I don't really use the 3 episode rule.

That's because I'm crazy and always finish every anime I start, regardless of how long it is.

I'm starting to distrust the 3 episode rule after seeing some of the shit I've watched today. Ugh...

Samurai Flamenco convinced me the 3 episode rule is essentially useless, and really only good for one cour shows, and even then.

Mature

Eh, I don't really use the 3 episode rule.

That's because I'm crazy and always finish every anime I start, regardless of how long it is.
I'm going to trick you into watching an episode of Detective Conan. Then you'll be locked in for life.

Not noticing any Ef: A tale of memories in those lists by the way. I can understand it not being a top 5 though. I think it could work on a top 10 for SHAFT though. I thought it was cute.

How many people here actually watched Ef anyway?

Superflat

Madoka is pretty amazing. It was a perfect storm of things going just right and the characters were designs by a goddess.
Interestingly enough, I tried to get my friend in town to watch Madoka Magica for over a year and he kept shrugging it off. then one day I brought the full series over when he was ready to see it and he declared it one of the best animes he has ever seen.

It took me nearly two years to watch Madoka after it originally aired because though I wasn't spoiled, the way everyone was talking about made it seem like a Edgy™ "cute-girls-and-violence-what-a-novel-combination" kinda show so I stayed away from it for a while. After watching it, I was a big fan.

The darker aspects of the show felt earned, and they didn't fuck up the atmosphere by throwing in comedy and SOL in the series once the story picks up.

cajunator

Banned
It's because until episode 3, everyone just shrugs it off as magical girl bullshit. Then.... shit gets real.

Yeah. This guy has seen practically everything spanning back to the 70s but he was pretty blown away by how Madoka turned out.
Funnily enough he has watched half of Accel world and is hesitant to watch the rest because he detests bullying and the guy who just showed up makes him seethe with anger.

I don't really mind Shaft either way and I haven't watched a lot of their stuff, but I know that they have the best OPs

Surely you didnt leave out their greatest one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpuwLex5S5s

Clov

I'm going to trick you into watching an episode of Detective Conan. Then you'll be locked in for life.

Oh no you won't! I'd have to willingly start it. After going through the hell known as "the entirety of Toriko", I've been careful about picking up certain kinds of shows. It won't happen again!

Vylash

Oh no you won't! I'd have to willingly start it. After going through the hell known as "the entirety of Toriko", I've been careful about picking up certain kinds of shows. It won't happen again!

DC is atrocious anyway so you're doing yourself a favor

Not noticing any Ef: A tale of memories in those lists by the way. I can understand it not being a top 5 though. I think it could work on a top 10 for SHAFT though. I thought it was cute.

How many people here actually watched Ef anyway?
The first series is perfection, the second is the dirt worst

I thought about starting One Piece once.... That was a short-lived plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom