• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanBlue

Hah, Sapphire's VA from Prisma Illya is the same as Hisui's in Melty Blood (at least it sounds that way lol). I want to watch Carnival Phantasm now. I wonder why I never got around to watching it.

Edit: Ahaha, Ruby is Kohaku too? Her tone is a bit different from Melty though.

duckroll

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/...-series-in-talks-with-japanese-studios/.76556

"We are right now in the middle of talking and negotiating with a few Japanese companies for the animation."

I wonder which Japan studio will in charge Pacific Rim anime

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852913

We already have a thread about it. It's not going to be an "anime" so much as a Japanese animated cartoon produced, written, and directed by western showrunners. :p

God fucking dammit I want to make love to that nozaki kun op. So fucking good. Take notice Japan that whenever you make a show with a funky ass jazz sounding op they end up being one of the best ops.

I haven't been this obsessed with an op since great teacher onizuka's second op.

phaze

Girls und Panzer 1-2

tank1ewznx.png
tank2d7x2n.png
tan3kzzft.png
Okay

I like you already.

I knew what I was getting into but man the show really tests my "cute girls doing things" endurance limits. At least it looks like it will be focused on tank battles from now on. And what the hell at the size of that ship.

I knew what I was getting into but man the show really tests my "cute girls doing things" endurance limits. At least it looks like it will be focused on tank battles from now on. And what the hell at the size of that ship.

Your tolerance must be low then.

/XX/

Unexpected, certainly unexpected:

N-ノーチラス号 | KOTOBUKIYA
http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000001429/

KOTOBUYIKA is releasing a 1/1000 scale-kit of the New Nautilus from TV series Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water! Up for pre-orders right now, to be delivered on November of this year. It is tempting me for the purpose of finally doing some of the 'The Return of Captain Nemo (on His All-New Adventures Now in Space)' stop-motion films I had planned all along... :p

cajunator

Banned
Unexpected, certainly unexpected:

N-ノーチラス号 | KOTOBUKIYA
http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000001429/

KOTOBUYIKA is releasing a 1/1000 scale-kit of the New Nautilus! Up for pre-orders right now, to be delivered on November of this year. It is tempting me for the purpose of finally doing some of the 'The Return of Captain Nemo (on His All-New Space Adventures)' stop-motion films I had planned all along... :p

From Nadia? :O

God fucking dammit I want to make love to that nozaki kun op. So fucking good. Take notice Japan that whenever you make a show with a funky ass jazz sounding op they end up being one of the best ops.

I haven't been this obsessed with an op since great teacher onizuka's second op.

Its sooooo squee I knows

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852913

We already have a thread about it. It's not going to be an "anime" so much as a Japanese animated cartoon produced, written, and directed by western showrunners. :p

so kind ofl ike the Animatrix stuff

Barakamon 1

orz
plus that after credits, "scary".LOL

Persona 4 The Golden 1

as said, the only way is UP

Zankyou no Terror 1

I am getting some vibe here. Dunno which anime though. will stick.

Jintor

Cowboy the Bebop 17 - "Mushroom Hunting"

On reflection, this is a fantastically light-hearted episode of Bebop, a successful pastiche of crazy Blaxploitation films with some light drug sequences that let the animation crew run wild. Actually, the animation throughout the episode is of an astoundingly high level, specifically during the "Mushroom Hunting" music sequence where Ed and the other two are chasing Domino across the train.

The next episode preview is also hilarious, with Jet basically just crapping all over it.

Cowboy the Bebop 18 - "Speak like a Child"

Jet telling Ed about the tamatabago is interesting. Can't tell who it has a metaphorical link to though - Faye or Spike. Maybe Faye? Can't remember.

Oh my god the scene with Spike absolutely wrecking the videotape is painful to watch. God, I bet people will have no idea what the fuck that thing is in another decade or so.

Hahaha, the TV series the otaku is watching is so hilariously stilted. I remember learning about the Betamax war for the first time in this. Then Spike just totally wrecking the player... amazing. Hah - the map of Japan is upside down. Nice attention to detail.

I love that Jet is so pissed off about the tape that he just ups and leaves Faye on Mars while they go and grab a tape deck from Earth. Hilarious. It's another peek into Faye's psyche though and how she really does need friends and companions, even if she doth protest a whole bunch.

Jet being weirdly paternalistic towards Ed is kinda adorable this whole episode. But the real kicker of course is proto-Faye (and old school Singapore, for half a second). Lovely ambiguous ending.

OceanBlue

Well, just finished the first episode of Prisma Illya 2wei. I figured the new season was going to be about her latent powers (or whatever is going on with her) but I definitely didn't expect this to happen lol.

I tried to read the manga because I'm super impatient, but I can't stand not having Kohaku and Hisui as Ruby and Sapphire. :(

TUSR

Banned
Anyone else here deal with brain dead customers? This one company that contracts us out, I wish I could fire their whole engineering department and clean house.

Something something anime related.

Edit: Fuck P4G, game is so addictive im ruining my sleep pattern during the week.

cajunator

Banned
Anyone else here deal with brain dead customers? This one company that contracts us out, I wish I could fire their whole engineering department and clean house.

Edit: Fuck P4G, game is so addictive im ruining my sleep pattern during the week.

Brain dead gas station customers yes

The Watamote dub has premiered on TAN. Delicious Monica Rial as Tomoko is delicious.

I am ok with this!!

P4G is among my top 5 rpgs of all time. Love that motherfucker. So many waifus so little woof. Also not many engineers in this thread remember so they won't understand the plight.

Persona 4 Golden The Animation

I've recently finished P4G on my Vita so the storyline is quite fresh on my mind. And they didn't spend a single second on trying to introduce any characters besides Marie.

The original P4A animation tried to at least introduce you to the plot but this one seems to be just fanservice for the ones who already watched the last anime or played the game.

The only positives I saw were the Protagonist (swag overload) and that Izanagi scene, which was hilarious. What is this, New Game +?

Space Dandy 2 - 01
More of the same. This first episode was ok but it seems to be a "hit and miss" anime, just like the first season.

Akame ga Kill - 01
This is Akame all right. As I said before, I'm not watching this through the end, I just wanted to take a look at the anime.

Prisma Illya 2wei -01
Maybe even better than the manga. I can't wait to see more.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
[My Little 9/11 Terrorists Can't be This Hot - A Shoujo Tale] - 1

Not not bad, not bad at all.

You could even say good.

Perhaps even best first episode of the season?

I can think of at least three shows that had better first episodes. Sabagebu, Barakamon and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. Though it is certainly the best first drama(tical)/thriller/serious anime episode. Much better then the likes of Tokyo Ghoul, Aldnoah.Zero and Akame ga Kill.

Chariot

So im limited to Chie, Yosuke, and Yukiko?
No. There are three more that are visible in the opening.
Teddy, Kanji and Naoto.
Nah you'll get more party members as the game goes on. Though personally those were my three throughout the whole game. The original friends. Los wolf pack .the whole enchilada.
Same here. Though I WOULD have put Marie and
Rise
in itif it let me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom