• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Loli has expanded as a term at least as far as I see it used. Not everything follows a strict definition like the deres.
Which is a bad thing. Using loli for every child has very bad implications. Lacking a proper term for sexualized children or using it synonymous for child could lead to the mindset that every child in anime is sexualized.

As cxomplained by AquaWateria. Why would we call the sunny child in Barakamon a loli? That gives awful implacations, because it sets her on a step with sexualized brats like Index. We should try our best to distinguish between child and loli in my opinion.

Which is a bad thing. Using loli for every child has very bad implications. Lacking a proper term for sexualized children or using it synonymous for child could lead to the mindset that every child in anime is sexualized.

As cxomplained by AquaWateria. Why would we call the sunny child in Barakamon a loli? That gives awful implacations, because it sets her on a step with sexualized brats like Index. We should try our best to distinguish between child and loli in my opinion.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who feels like this. Respect points get!

Another 05

tumblr_mx3oieUl5i1rzpxtuo1_500.gif

Uh-huh...

Well, some explanation then. Now it's a question of who's the ghost instead of ghost or not. Could be anybody? Even the MC?

It's all in the context. I recognized the Barack Obama character as a kid and I use this criteria. On the way she acted and was drawn plus the voice. Not to mention not pandering to the onii-chan crowd who always wanted a sister who can't leave them alone. It's not black and white and the fact they were able to differentiate her from others is something to be proud of in anime.

I have personally not seen someone in this thread call her a loli and aqua tends to bring questions and discussion topics every time he posts so I don't know how believable that post was. At least personally I'm sure if I search I'll find somebody on the Internet calling her that but it's ignorant and probably largely in the minority.

So kotaku anime guy seems to have liked Knights of Sidonia the best this last season. Knowing that his taste is awful in general anybody want to take bets on what his anime of the season will end up being?

My vote is for SAO2. But one of those generic harem comedies might win him over.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Clearly you ruptured a blood vessel in your brain from the hngsquee and now you have amnesia.

Narag

So kotaku anime guy seems to have liked Knights of Sidonia the best this last season. Knowing that his taste is awful in general anybody want to take bets on what his anime of the season will end up being?

My vote is for SAO2. But one of those generic harem comedies might win him over.

Twelve episodes in, it is the smartest anime I have seen in years—even including the recent Lupin III

Sword Art Online Is the Smartest Anime I’ve Seen in Years (And It’s Only Half-Done)

Mixed – Prepubescent Panty Shots

Shiro is 11 years old in No Game No Life. In the first episode alone, we get two panty shots of her. Over the course of the series she is naked several times (though of course it is self-censored in one way or another); and while the only one that young, she is far from the only girl seen in varying states of undress.

But while there is a fair degree of fanservice in No Game No Life, it is often used to poke fun at the very concept

No Game No Life is a Must Watch for Any Gamer

Not bad but mixed.

:kotaku

mankoto

Didn't he say SAO was one of the best anime to come out in recent years? Granted he recognised that the second half wasn't the best, even so. Going off of a friend's word, GGO will be better than SAO. So it'd be fitting if he said SAOII will be the best.

If he ends up going for something like terror in tokyo, barakamon, or nozaki-kun I'll gain a bit of respect for him.

Terror in tokyo is doubtful considering that people had to beg him to give cowboy bebop a proper try. But I find it funny that he's discussing fan service when he liked that awful choices in my head anime.

Chariot

It's all in the context. I recognized the Barack Obama character as a kid and I use this criteria. On the way she acted and was drawn plus the voice. Not to mention not pandering to the onii-chan crowd who always wanted a sister who can't leave them alone. It's not black and white and the fact they were able to differentiate her from others is something to be proud of in anime.

I have personally not seen someone in this thread call her a loli and aqua tends to bring questions and discussion topics every time he posts so I don't know how believable that post was. At least personally I'm sure if I search I'll find somebody on the Internet calling her that but it's ignorant and probably largely in the minority.
I don't quite get your post. The first part is not really important, is it? It just points out how the child is not a loli character and you seem to go for an explaination that we could call her loli, because the context is giving the information. but then you don't give that and instead state that nobody here even called her loli.

That is correct, but my argument derived from your reaction of my reaction.
Lolis don't necessarily have to be sexualized. They can also be grown up people in a child body that act more mature than they are. I still laugh at the "she's a teacher but a loli. Don't worry she is actually 1000 years old"
I am arguing that the term "loli" is connected to sexualization by the origin of it and because it should be used to differentiate between a sexualized child or childlike charater ("loli") and a normal child ("child").
A big practical problem I see is that it would be awful to throw the kid from Barakamon and Index from Index in one term.

Your made a argument about adults looking like kids. That still is connected to sexualisation. There is an age of consent, not an bodydevlopment of consent, which means, if the loli is not a child and "just" a adult who looks like a child it gives certain kind of people the silly argument that we all know.

If we're taking age of consent into account as Sexualization then other things can be as well though. My argument is that the term loli has gone from the lolita novel definition into a whole spectrum of cnet. But I'm in it for practicality when It comes to discussions. Like when somebody says "that's ironic" and the person responds "that's not the literal definition" when the term has been so bastardized it might as well be and the opposing party knew exactly what the other was saying.

I'm not about to argue about lolis in excess though I don't need the fbi tracking my phone. And we'll end up going in circles regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom