• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
-When Urobuchi write, he doesn't usually have a message. He just likes writing(lol). Although he said that his characters struggle a lot so I guess that is the theme.
-Everything that he writes, he wants to do something different. Kamen Rider was a huge challenge for him.

People listing waifus. Urobuchi's waifu from a game called Iko(?) and someone named Kyouko. Someone will have to check the name for that.

anime fans are ruining Urobuchi with questions that don't have to deal with "can you ever not kill a likable character in a show?"

Andrew J.

Samurai Flamenco 18

I wonder whether it's better to to think of this show as shifting genre multiple times, or as shifting genre once into a crazy twist show.

-Inferno Cop 2 confirmed seemingly. "Stated please look forward to it". Character concept art for three new characters shown. One is a female with hair literally on fire. One is an Inferno Cop lookalike with three heads(lol). The final was a shitty drawing(even more lol).

This is all that matters.

Samurai Flamenco 18

I wonder whether it's better to to think of this show as shifting genre multiple times, or as shifting genre once into a crazy twist show.

Samflam defies genres.

Episode 18 is probably the best episode.

SIT DOWN

Korra Season 3 episode 3

Even more characterization and world expanding. It's like everything that was wrong with Korra is now fixed. It's Last Airbender 2.0. Seriously if you're into avatar, catch up with season 3 it's worth it.

Also I'll probably stop reviewing this show here now. Mainly cause I'm sure many of you don't want to hear about it/don't watch it since technically it's not anime.

Jarmel

Banned
2 second-hand source stuff. Don't know if new news.

Attack on Titan animated movie.
Space Bros movie in August 9th.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Locodol - 01

Would it be asking for too much to hope for a romance angle between the two girls?

Jarmel

Banned
Show on Fox, Called Get a Life. In one episode, there was the question about whether Chris Elliott spell Titmouse but he couldn't. Titmouse wasn't planned to be an animation studio but something education/teaching related.

Founder knew creator of Adventure Bros. They didn't want to move production to LA so Lazzlo(sp?) asked if he could set studio up in New York and if they did then he would provide them with work.

"Maybe.." to more King Star King. Same answer to future work with Brendan Small.

Megas XLR 2nd season wasn't ever officially green-lit but they ended up making it by accident.

Titmouse got Korra videogame cutscenes because they had been keeping in touch with Bryan Michaels. They did the storyboard for the intro sequence for the original Avatar. They were supposed to do some work for the 2nd season of Korra but it fell through. Michaels then asked for Titmouse to be involved for the Korra game cutscenes.

Korra fighting a bunch of dark spirits in the spirit world. Super short PV but high quality. Mir does stuff on paper but they did it in Flash.

Edit:Sorry, they use Prometheus and try to adhere to the same framerate as they would on paper.

Moonbeam City is post apocalyptic Miami Vice with animation style similar to Archer(similar comedy style too). Coming early next year.

Normal person does 10-15 sec a week.

Korra 15sec PV took 6 weeks. Started work on March and will be done very shortly. International project.

Black Dynamite was most difficult project they worked on.

Wanted to work on Space Dandy. Have an animator working on it but they never received the call.

Big influence on the studio was Yuasa. Some of his stuff is required watching. I asked one of the guys if he had seen Ping Pong and he said yes and thought it was very impressive that Yuasa was able to emulate the mangaka's style so well.

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 12

Yanderes gonna yandere. I love how Kuno and Ryouga are supporting Kodachi since that means they'll both have their waifus all to themselves (or at least they've convinced themselves). And Kodachi is ruthless, and it's pretty hilarious.

I love how Ranma's dad is kinda just cool with being a panda now. To the point where he even prefers being one. Ranma better get used to his curse at some point, since his dad doesn't seem in any rush to reverse his.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
In a room with people lining up for the viz media panel. People packed together sitting cross legged like grade school. Guy arguing about Mazinger with another guy. Help.

Fake edit: Extollere's here? Uh oh.

Yeah, place was pretty packed today for it being Thursday and all. Not sure what panels I'll attempt to get into tomorrow. I didn't realize Urobuchi was here. Maybe I can ask him for my 5 and 1/2 hours back from watching Gargantia.

Midonin

Captain Earth 10-12

This is going to be part of my regular Saturday afternoon rotation before this week is over. I think these episodes are doing a good job of balancing the ongoing background plot with the awakening of the designer children. And now that all of them are awakened, the next stage is almost certain to begin. The Nebula Engine is a pretty neat addition. Similar to the Earth Engine; the meteor to its Fourze. (Now get Akari and Hana in a robot, and we'll be talking.)

Setsuna's presence is unaccounted for after her escape from the dream machine, and the full extent of her power other than singing (distinct from Ai's idol persona?) is unknown. She may be the trump card who Teppei can convince over to the side of the Midsummer Knights.

While I'll continue to watch M3, I'm extremely glad I was motivated by word of meme in order to pick this up. M3's staff is more interesting, but Captain Earth is, tonally and story-wise, closer to what I'm looking for in a super robot series. I could call it a popcorn anime, but the text beneath the title is giving me a hint at a theme. And I consider no anime unworthy of analysis.

TUSR

Banned
Ranma 1/2 12

Yanderes gonna yandere. I love how Kuno and Ryouga are supporting Kodachi since that means they'll both have their waifus all to themselves (or at least they've convinced themselves). And Kodachi is ruthless, and it's pretty hilarious.

I love how Ranma's dad is kinda just cool with being a panda now. To the point where he even prefers being one. Ranma better get used to his curse at some point, since his dad doesn't seem in any rush to reverse his.

3 episodes to go

Thoraxes

I just started No-Rin 12 after forgetting about it for a long time...

It has a 2D Sailor Moon transformation sequence that looks better than the CG garbage.

I'd gif it but I assume under new AnimeGAF law it'd not be SFW.

cajunator

Banned
I always underestimate the lazyness of some people.

Are you actually trying to get a bad taste award by giving so many of those statements in a day ?

Anyway : bad taste confirmed.

Lol the criminal girl thread went to hell even faster than i expected.

Yeah. How could they do that to such a beautiful series?

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, place was pretty packed today for it being Thursday and all. Not sure what panels I'll attempt to get into tomorrow. I didn't realize Urobuchi was here. Maybe I can ask him for my 5 and 1/2 hours back from watching Gargantia.

Buying any figures?

Legend of Korra Season 3 Episodes 1-2

C3XK3ox.gif

Holy shit u gais.

Holy fucking shit. This is good.T-this is real good.

Like where the fuck has this Legend of Korra been since the first half of season 1? I. I have no words. To my brothers who dislike Legend of Korra I have good news in list form:

1. Relationship drama? None to be seen. If anything it's the most relaxed and brotherly these characters have been since... ever. They're back to being team avatar, no more getting into pants. Just good ol' times.

2. Korra being whiny? Fucking gone. Korra is now doing her best Aang mixed early season 1 Korra. She's having fun when people are joking around, and she doesn't take shit from people in a good way. Like. I genuinely like this Korra.

3. Characters. It's only been 2 episodes and everybody is already better than they were last season. And the new characters they've introduced for the season are great so far.

4. New locations. Learning from season 2 and Last Airbender, they are not staying in Republic City and instead going around the world once again. Which is sweet. Because fuck Republic City.

5. Baddies. And this I can't emphasize enough. The bad guys introduced so far. Are fucking radical dude.

I mean look at this motherfucker over here.

Fucking breakdancing motherfucker dude! How sweet is that shit?! (Book 3 semi-spoilers)
]

Look at this shit!
AGzjaIr.gif

OH MY GOD I AM SALIVATING. THAT ANIMATION! AND THAT OTHER BADDIE! OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHD. U FUCKING GAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.

I'm sorry. I'm going to watch episode 3. But I am officially back on the Korra hype train. Heck I'm sorry. Nothing you give me this summer will beat this.

You heard it here folks. Legend of Korra season 3 is Anime of the season.

will i be ok if i just wikipedia the shit i didn't watch (watched like 5 eps of season 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom