• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 3 episodes worse than episode 2 which I couldn't make it through? Ugh.
After being tempted to pick it back up I think I'll keep it on my "When all else fails list".

As much as I thoroughly enjoyed that 5 episode streak, I think it's safe to keep it in that list until we see how S2 turns out. If you couldn't get through 2, that says enough to me. I did like the last third of that episode though.

Jarmel

Banned
VA culture at its finest I guess. So the panel for Koshimizu/Satsuki VA is multiple times worse than the actual Trigger panel so far. Going to skip VA panel because I have very little interest in what a VA has to say, and that'll be better covered anyway. Seems most of the Trigheads went to the VA panel instead.

Acosta

Jibril was the best part of S1, Materialization Shiritori was probably my favourite part of the whole show.

The references really worked well in this show.

Im not sure whats going on with S2, we have almost enough LN material for it, and word is that the Yu really enjoyed working on the show, coupled with decent sales I don't doubt we get a S2.

Materialization Shiritori was my favourite game as well, it was awesome. I actually watched it again!

Clov

Right Stuf would be my first guess. Clues one and two might fit, but it's hard to tell. Discotek, NISA, and maybe even Anime Sols would be my other guesses. VIZ completely gave up after supposedly bad sales for the first volume, and I doubt FUNimation or Sentai would pick this up.

Either of those could fit, but only in a general sense. Personally I think Discotek is the most likely to pick it up, though they're not at Anime Expo. If Anime Sols were to get it though, I'd back them in a heartbeat. They'd be a good pick, though I wonder if they would be able to get the license. Not that Monster is a hot property in Japan or anything, but still.

Narag

Sword Art Online 22

l8x8ST9l.png
5mi0kTnl.png

QqU3rpul.png
SBjH5sbl.png

wnobPcZl.png
Mv95uVLl.png

All this melodrama.

iWFh2HKEAWD4U.gif

I thought they said the server was going down for maintenance last ep too. Kept waiting for Kirito to get booted off during the grand quest for that autentic mmo experience.

Naruto Shippuden 367

Ending: See now this is not a bad ED by any means. But the fact that its not as good as the previous one and we still keep the mediocre opening, just makes this situation unfavorable.

Willing to admit that I'm already enjoying watching this flashback instead of having to read it.

Whether this continues with the next few episodes is still up in the air.

Jarmel

Banned
Akira Amemiya directing Ninja Slayer.

Poster art looks fairly serious. I'll upload shots later. Coloring is darker than the AX poster.

Wakabayashi also here even if not on guest list.

/XX/

Saint Seiya had a bad opening. It was in 145 screens and only made ¥82,024,908 in the first week. In fact, when you add Harlock to this, it seems like Toei hasn't had any success with CG movies so far.
For a limited release I find it a good one because in comparison the revenue-per-screen was still above any other opening of that week in that country except for the highly-successful film Mission Impossible: Samurai.

Well, maybe "good" wasn't the right word to use, it is true... but saying it was "bad" seeing how difficult it is to enter the top-ten chart when in contrast most efforts of many other distributors is to front-load the attendance with a initial heavy presence... how about decent?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm sure that's what the art major graduate tells him/herself as he's building that Big Mac.

:p

You really are the most insufferably cretinous poster in AnimeGAF.

The gleefully malicious STEM//occupational taunting and condescension that runs rampant on GAF is disgusting and should be immediately denounced wherever it's encountered. It's bad enough in OT and I'll be fucked if it starts happening in this thread.

Pooya

Not even gonna bother asking that one as I already know I'm going to get a PR response.

ok try this cheesy one

How different adapting LN crap has been for them in comparison with studio's original works so far?

edit: oh nvm I guess :[

Midonin

Momo, The Girl God of Death 01-03

"This is the sweet and sad story of a reaper in white."

After Excel/Poemy, this is a perfect cooldown. The anthology format used to be huge, but I feel that, with people focusing on plot over things like themes or characters, they're not getting the respect they should. Sengoku Collection was great, but this is coming from a different angle.

A story about caring for someone else. A story about overcoming scars. A story about not wanting to be apart from someone. Universal themes. The titular Momo doesn't even have that much screentime, which makes the burden of each episode that much heavier. Characters and situations that the audience won't be seeing next week need to be established, developed and brought to some sort of conclusion within a short time frame.

Episode 1 had the most tragic situation. For 2 and 3, the death was in the past, and in 2 Momo's appearance was more about telling Mitsuki to overcome his guilt. The stories are simple, yet the emotions they were trying to rise out of me have been felt. The show's easy on the eyes, not the greatest art, but it's not terrible. A lot of it has to do with silence and music. Speaking of, the ED's alright, and I was surprised by the full-English vocal OP. And the show's Japanese title and each episode ends in a pronounced 。 A good way to, even down to the smallest level, drive the show's themes.

I think I chose well.

TUSR

Banned
You really are the most insufferably cretinous poster in AnimeGAF.

The gleefully malicious STEM//occupational taunting and condescension that runs rampant on GAF is disgusting and should be immediately denounced wherever it's encountered. It's bad enough in OT and I'll be fucked if it starts happening in this thread.

Whoa there buddy, it was a joke (and one made all the time at that) no need to start throwing insults :\

hey guys im an engineer and whats going on in here

Crocodile

I can't say Rail Wars was at all on my radar but reading the reactions to the gif are pretty funny :p

I got pretty vivid flashbacks to that "Fuu running.gif" from the first episode of Samurai Champloo (which somebody has already posted :p). I vividly recall the cries of "Watanabe has betrayed us" and "Anime is Dead" from people who saw the clip but not the actual episode (where it was revealed the gif was out of context and was actually a subversion of that trope).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, without having seen Rail Wars, that it plays it straight. Is there any substance to the show (interesting characters, animation, setting, animation, etc.) or is it just tits flopping around for 22 minutes?

Ryuuroden

Rail Wars, the show that will prevent me from browsing Anime-GAF at work.

Not to be a party pooper, but I kind of think that work safe is stupid, you should be working at work not posting and reading shit on forums unless it's on your breaks. This doesn't mean I don't think there should be Decency rules for thread posting. No one wants to see or read shit that is clearly offensive or indecent. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people complain about stuff using work as a reason.

TUSR

Banned
Not to be a party pooper, but I kind of think that work safe is stupid, you should be working at work not posting and reading shit on forums unless it's on your breaks. This doesn't mean I don't think there should be Decency rules for thread posting. No one wants to see or read shit that is clearly offensive or indecent. It's just a pet peeve of mine when people complain about stuff using work as a reason.

lmao

Argevollen Episode 1

Introducing the political drama a bit later could have helped. Or maybe if they started off in school instead of right in the middle of military training it would have felt a bit better. I think that is what keeps me coming back to mecha the plot of them being school folks or such and throw into mechs is more compelling that trained soldiers being handed a mech.

Designwise Argevellon Stablis Prima isnt bad at all, I think an advancement on its design could eventually be made
wings
but otherwise for a human looking one of sorts its pretty cool and one of the better designed mechs in awhile.

2nd best start to the season thus far.

NSFW doesn't just mean for work specifically. It means for being outside in the public. I don't want to contort my body into insane yoga positions so I can prevent every person who could possibly look over my shoulder to see bouncingplot.gif on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom