• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hattori

Banned
PCDfpyz.jpg
YEAAAAAA!!!!!

Mokoi

Banned
Nozaki-kun 2

Hey this show is pretty good. Mikorin is freaking great. Top level tsundere without being annoying that's for sure. Also yes I consider him one. The gags are really good haven't been a miss for me yet.

No matter how many times I see this face it still gets me. The va of Chiyo is still adorable. Looking her up she's only had three va roles, and I assuming she just started out. Anyways the characters of this show are so good. Not once did I find someone annoying.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
There is no reason for him to assume that the mech is just 'passing' through objects.

You're probably right in that what some of us are interpreting as two separate functions of the Light are actually one, but I think it's easy to see it either way because when the mech comes into contact with an object, there's no visible displacement of matter, the object just vanishes.
Idabro
"sparks" a bit on contact with the Light, but that's it.

Narag

Nadaka Velonica 10 FIN

And so humanity was re-saved.

---

This was really nice for what it was which was children's morality tales under the guise of alien culture shock. That's neither here nor there though as the visuals are the real treat in this with some wonderful animation and some unique art.. #wonzowasright and we were all fools for not listening etc

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Akame ga Kill! Episode 2:

Still not getting the hype behind this show but the hype seems to lie beyond the initial bunch of episodes, so I give this one a bit more time. Still, at this moment all three Tokyo titles are better grimdark fare then this.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
He had a clear line of sight for the earlier part of the fight(when the Earth mech is getting eaten up).

There is no reason for him to assume that the mech is just 'passing' through objects.
this is really boring for me. if i watch through the scene repeatedly it becomes obvious that the interior of the armored vehicle being driven does not correspond to the exterior in almost any way.

the interpretation that idaho is able to quickly discern that a mech devours matter seems pretty preposterous given the level of motion involved, the limited viewing angle from inside the getaway vehicle, and the fact that debris is actually continuing to fly around, which would indicate that not everything in combat gets erased from the world.

for the sake of reference this is what it takes to get a clear view out of the windows from the back of the armored vehicle:
not the best vantage point for watching and assessing a battle when the car is literally being tossed around and kicked away.

where is idaho anyways (or half of the cast for that matter)? this is our view of the carrying area:
and this is our view of the front:
idaho magically shows up in that passenger seat the girl is leaving not long after:
let's take note of the opposite interior shot of the cockpit:
ignoring the compositional issues that exist because the height of the vehicle is being completely ignored here we run into another problem. the cockpit interior has a 360 degree viewing radius from the inside, but exterior shots show that this window only stretches around half of the vehicle...and offers no possibility for the passenger to look outside of the window:
summarize this however you want.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 1-2

This is pretty fun. Nozaki and Sakura are decent enough on their own, but the series really started to shine when the other characters were introduced in the second episode. Seo is the best character, and not just because she's voiced by Sawashiro. Though that helps.

Bonus points for including that good old staple of voice students Caro mio ben.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom