• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vylash

Sabagebu 02

iomHns7W0S0K8.gif
igey1iXmGtJ55.gif

Good god this show is so awesome, Sonokawa might be my favorite lead this season

Narag

Layzner 2

Man, these first two eps have been such a great opener for a show in this genre. Setting, stakes, and characters all established without treating the viewer like an idiot. Guess it's probably apples to oranges but it really stands out after all the Aldnoah Zero talk in here.

Aldnoah Zero 2

A bit late to this but things I learned with this ep:

-The bad guys (except the one loyal to the princess, and who knows if he will turn coat eventually) are eeeeevil. What's the deal with evil guys and this season. Tokyo ESP, Tokyo Ghoul, Aldnoah Zero...
-The series is predictable.
+Predictably the terrorists were
martians acting from orders of the most military minded parts of their army, and of course the were evidence to be eliminated.
Predictably the bad guy
leaves one person to escape with the knowledge of truth so maybe that will be their downfall down the road.
Predictably
the princess is alive and one of the plot threads of the story will be her trying to reach fellow Martians and stop the war. And eventually learn the attack against her was an inside job I imagine.
-The Martians mechs are OP, there is no way to fight against them. Or humans have a secret weapon still not shown or they will capture a Martian mech or Slate will switch sides with one.
-The CG is ugly. In other series I didn't mind it a lot, but here it's especially jarring, they aren't trying to hide the 3dness.

So the series is starting to fail in the second episode. Am I supposed to feel anything AT ALL
when one of the teenager kids die?

Mokoi

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 1

Haha, I've been listing to a mash-up of this OP for a long time, yet didn't even realize.
Thank you based nakinyko

Somehow I renamed the music file so that's why I didn't know. On to the first episode now. Lets say it was kind of boring. The characters also seem to suffer from hardcore droopy face/football head syndrome at times.Whatever you may call it. It's not appealing to me. Guess I just got to keep watching, but I don't know if this show is going to click for me.

Nozaki-kun 2

I see everyone met best girl, Seo.

She only gets better as it goes. Especially when her romantic interest gets introduced.

The manga only gets better as it goes on, so the show will be the same.

The Seo + Nozaki thing was incredibly well done.

Hidamari Sketch 1

Haha, I've been listing to a mash-up of this OP for a long time, yet didn't even realize.
Thank you based nakinyko

Somehow I renamed the music file so that's why I didn't know. On to the first episode now. Lets say it was kind of boring. The characters also seem to suffer from hardcore droopy face/football head syndrome at times.Whatever you may call it. It's not appealing to me. Guess I just got to keep watching, but I don't know if this show is going to click for me.
S1 is a serviceable SOL show with some fun characters and a dangerously low budget. S2 and beyond are remarkably better shows with their strong direction and better production values, so don't be that person who doesn't continue on!

I'm enjoying Summer so far, but at the same time, it's like now I have less time to play games. Not that it matters when I can't work up the urge to play games.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Indeed, Spring 2014 is in the history books and the Summer is bringing the potential. I think I have like 14 or shows here at the moment.

Xamdou

Akame ga Kill! Ep 2!

Definitely better than the first ep, Tatsumi adapting to the ways of Night Raid. Also that ending! Akame <3!!!

Yeah, I'm loving Summer. Haven't watched this many shows in ages.

Also, I've said it like a billion times, but this season is fucking bringing it for OPs and EDs.

fertygo

You know despite kinda disappointed with Spring, I don't seeing anything from this season that could be better than Ping Pong or Mushishi either, the other top hitter such like Haikyuu and Sidonia also didn't disappoint me its just lacking middle ground option that making it top heavy, this season is like the opposite.. there's more solid title all around.

Jarmel

Banned
this is really boring for me. if i watch through the scene repeatedly it becomes obvious that the interior of the armored vehicle being driven does not correspond to the exterior in almost any way.

the interpretation that idaho is able to quickly discern that a mech devours matter seems pretty preposterous given the level of motion involved, the limited viewing angle from inside the getaway vehicle, and the fact that debris is actually continuing to fly around, which would indicate that not everything in combat gets erased from the world.

for the sake of reference this is what it takes to get a clear view out of the windows from the back of the armored vehicle:

not the best vantage point for watching and assessing a battle when the car is literally being tossed around and kicked away.

The car isn't being kicked around or moved after the initial kick from the mech. It comes to a stop after the car has a sideways line of sight with the battle taking place. There is no establishing shot inside the car to show where Inaho is. In fact, we don't see him till class rep starts the car so chances are high that he's in the far back near the window.

The shot you posted isn't a full depiction of the back area. There are two windows on each side and only one is shown, in fact it's the back window which would have been the optimal viewing position.

where is idaho anyways (or half of the cast for that matter)? this is our view of the carrying area:
and this is our view of the front:

For the first

idaho magically shows up in that passenger seat the girl is leaving not long after:

That's because he moves from the back part of the carrying area up to the front. He's not in this shot because he's still moving forward. Both him and his friend come into the forward section in the quick transition, in fact his blonde friend is still moving forward, so Inaho was ahead of him.
let's take note of the opposite interior shot of the cockpit:

ignoring the compositional issues that exist because the height of the vehicle is being completely ignored here we run into another problem. the cockpit interior has a 360 degree viewing radius from the inside, but exterior shots show that this window only stretches around half of the vehicle...and offers no possibility for the passenger to look outside of the window:

summarize this however you want.

Yea, someone fucked up the inside, as the shape of the window is different in the two shots.

The first image matches the CGI of the car while the second doesn't.

Still you can just say that he saw the earlier part of the fight, deduced the abilities and was looking out the window to see if the mech was still chasing them. So yes he wouldn't have been able to see the streetlights but that doesn't disavow him deducing the ability from earlier.
The window does exist but yea he would have been only able to see the very top of the mech.

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Episode 2 – Say Hello to the New Heroine
Mikorin was great, especially all of the first half mostly especially the drawing moments and all the Mikorin one liners that are perfect. He embodies lots of the traits I love in characters. One can't really get better than that. '

Second half was weak, though what song was she singing?

cajunator

Banned
I am forced by K-ON GAF to watch Hidamari sketch. And by forced I mean MikeHattsu crashed through my window wielding a double chainsaw-grenadelauncher, screaming: "WA-HA-HA! YUNOCHI!".

Hidamari Sketch 01

I love it when a show almost immediately yells that it made by SHAFT. Really, I love the random artsyness of SHAFT shows (which is partly why I always capslock the name). The Opening actually disturbed me, since I have Black and Yellow Sketch in my playlist. The Opening just don't work without Wiz Khalifa :/
I enjoyed the characters, it was nice that they just threw us in with everyone. Miya is very cute, no wonder the most gifs and pictures are about her. Hiro is very nice, too. Not feeling Sae tho, she tries too hard to be intelligent.

Lmao. I just pictured this happening.

Season 2 is where the show really comes into its own. It had rough beginnings.
Still very cute though!

It's like all of you are avoiding the fact that Yunocchi is the most perfect being in the universe.

Either her or Sakura. I cant decide really.

Sabageby! 1

This show is unbelievably stupid. I love it.

Kind of reminds me of Binbougami Ga where the MC is not-so-secretly a total asshole.

I love stupid hilarious shows like this. It does remind me of Binbougami Ga's MC a bit. She's a jerk but likeable. Sometimes Sakura could be downright horrible.

Sabagebu! 01: Barely even a minute in and I already see this:

Oh my lord, plsno. It's all over.

Oh it gets dumber! :D

cajunator

Banned
She has my support even if SAO doesn't.

Mine as well. for better or worse Shinon makes this bitter pill easier to swallow.

My ears man.

Used up my weekly picture limit here.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Sabagebu 02

iomHns7W0S0K8.gif
igey1iXmGtJ55.gif

Good god this show is so awesome, Sonokawa might be my favorite lead this season

That scene reminds me of Love Lab where she was whacking her with the paper roll

I'm not joking.

;P

We love ya mikey

That every Spring show was shit.

so wrongo Shardy

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
non nerd-speak please~

oh it's on crunchy, i'll give it a try

Okay, a bunch of evil psychics who have been oppressed have taken over Tokyo and it is up to this White Haired lady and her two assistants to free the city. At least this is the premise of the first episode.

Narag

Sailor Stars 172

Ok finally toughed this one out. Not a big fan of the two reset arcs in the show so hopefully it can get back to normal from here on. Still wish they had found a different villain for this arc though as so much of my irritation stems from her reappearing after her great exist in SuperS.

At least Junichi Sato was the director to class this one up. No one captures inner turmoil quite so well in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom