• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

so is ga-rei in tokyo esp universe?

There's going to be a crossover manga volume released alongside the Blu-Ray of the Tokyo ESP anime.

Edit: And apparently some chapters of the crossover are out already. The crossover manga is actually between Ga-Rei and Tokyo ESP though, not Ga-Rei Zero.

Blasty

SAO 2

This anime is mediocre so far. I wonder if SAO will ever manage to be as good as the first few episodes of season one were.

Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie

Didn't realize it was going to have so many ties to the first crossover. I should've rewatched it beforehand. Still a really fun ride all the way through.

Jintor

my theory is that fanbases can hit a kind of critical mass where enough people are constantly discovering a show for the first time and are locked in initial novel hype (alongside a core guard of hardcore long-stayers who are still in love with the series) that you end up with an endless cycle of people who are like 'this is cool'

Chariot

It was an attempt to expand on the world rather than worrying about the dumb as fuck plot. People would have been just as irritated if it followed the LN and went from floor 1->74 skipping everything in-between just because.
They could've made up an actual connected plot in slowly rising through the floors instead of this bunch of unrelated plots.

Narag

They could made up an actual connected plot in slowly rising through the floors instead of this bunch of unrelated plots.

That'd be anime-original which doesn't entirely gel well with a 25 episode LN commercial no matter how it might improve it.

TUSR

Banned
It was an attempt to expand on the world rather than worrying about the dumb as fuck plot. People would have been just as irritated if it followed the LN and went from floor 1->74 skipping everything in-between just because.

Level grinding is for video games. I can't wait for the SAO game to hit NA next month.

Narag

Daitarn 3 - 19

06NsMKhl.png

MaH1FRpl.png

Uyvgi5Yl.png

XQdCetNl.png

yhwYxzel.png

d4hcnO5l.png

fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu, tomino

Hanayamata 1

This is cute, charming, and amusing. It does a good job of making Hana and yosakoi dancing seem magical. (Well, except for Hana's last name. Nothing magical about "Fountainstand". Silly half-foreigners in anime/manga.) It is a little too melodramatic at times, especially with Naru's tearful personality, so I hope that gets toned down in future episodes. I could do with a little bit less digital effects too, but it's not as overdone as Nerawareta Gakuen.

Barakamon 2

Still the best anime airing right now. Perfect slice of life comedy. Wonderful characters, great setting, incredibly funny, real character growth, wonderful OP and ED of the season.

You owe it to yourselves to be watching this. Just bloody fantastic.

If it keeps up this form, it'll go down as one of my favourites of all time.

Chariot

That'd be anime-original which doesn't entirely gel well with a 25 episode LN commercial no matter how it might improve it.
Why? Soul Eater and Ars Nova made me curious for their manga. I am less likely to buy the exact same story again.

Blasty

That's when the show actually had potential and looked like it was gonna build an interesting world, instead of spiraling into the piece of crap it is now

This. I started watching SAO when only the first two episodes were out. I thought they were great and had high hopes for the rest of the show. Starting with episode three, the show got progressively worse until it became the garbage that is the entire second half of SAO.

Akame ga Kill 2

I see they skipped most of chapter 2, meaning they'll probably go through the abilities of the rest of Night Raid individually to make them stand out more. Eh, I can live with that. Still not much censorship, but the atmosphere is still kind of bah. Hope they can fix that when good stuff starts.

Akame ga Kill! Episode 2:

Still not getting the hype behind this show but the hype seems to lie beyond the initial bunch of episodes, so I give this one a bit more time. Still, at this moment all three Tokyo titles are better grimdark fare then this.

It doesn't really get grimdark until we see how truly shitty people of the capital are. And the REALLY shitty guys won't even be in the anime.

Link Man

Banned
Nozaki-kun 2

A case of
senpai wanting you to notice him
? That's interesting.

I love how much fun they're having with Mikorin.

Oh my, so much meta-commentary.

I like this new girl already.

Holy crap at that singing! So beautiful!

Wait, in the preview...
is that a dude in a skirt
?

Quasar

Why Soul Eater and Ars Nova made me curious for their manga. I am less likely to buy the exact same story again.

I guess that's why anime versions almost always just give you the first bit, so you're chasing the rest of the story. certainly thats how its been for me and why I've dived into both manga and LN.

Blusby

Golden Time 22: I forgot that I had stopped watching this at ep. 20 while it was still airing so since I remember most of the stuff that happened I decided to finish this up and holy shit, this series is terrible:

HappinessCharge Precure 24

As much as Yuuko likes food, she doesn't pack anywhere near the amount that 1 Yes! 5 Cure packs away. And they eat like they've been starving for weeks!

This episode serves more as a transition to what the second half will be about, and serves as a training camp episode, in where everyone looks like a dork.

I have to give Iona massive props, because she was like "FUCK RENAI IS KINSHI". Too dere. There's also quite the amount of self-awareness shown in this episode. Perhaps the writers are reassuring us that they give fucks about the writing.

In some ways, from the viewers eyes, or Seiji's if you please, the training looks as if they were the Smile Precures, and in Iona's case, it makes her look dorkier than before given that she trains in martial arts (Not that I have a problem with this).

Another case is that the seeds that were planted are finally starting to bloom right in front of us, so that means we're fi--

Suddenly NTR. WELP. So uh, now I grasp what Seiji's role really is. I'm not even sure if I'm happy with this. But uh.... the Seijibowl kicks off next week, as we become HaremCharge NTR Cure. I will say though, given what was planted over the course of the show, at least it's not an asspull of any sorts. But like.... God damn it Seiji. This really might be the time where I might start not liking him.

dN3Fy49.jpg
1a94c16c0c.jpg

That line is funny for all the wrong reasons

I'm scared of the HaremCharge future

Nordicus

Golden Time 22: I forgot that I had stopped watching this at ep. 20 while it was still airing so since I remember most of the stuff that happened I decided to finish this up and holy shit, this series is terrible:

Oh, just wait until you see how it is resolved

Barakamon 2
The show is still fantastic. The little girl is adorable and pretty funny and the calligrapher is hilarious with his quirks. That scene near the end with the nurse was great.

Blusby

This just keeps getting better with each passing minute:

"What are you talking about Chinami? Are you actually suggesting that we should try something r-rational?"

"Chinami, please do remember that we still have two episodes left to fill."

I literally disliked everyone in Golden Time except Chinami. Was going to drop it at
the car accident part
if
Koko didn't practically beg for her forgiveness sincerely.

Chariot

Yeah. I loved it and Koko especially.

And though I'm alone in this, I enjoyed it more than Toradora. And thats mostly because of my Koko love.

oh but she's so good.

best girl of that season
I don't understand, she was absolutely creepy. First obsessing over one guy then suddenly jumping to another, trying so hard to please and watch him, I swear I thought she would go yandere at some point.

Blusby

She is a horrible flake of nth degree and owes everything she has to 2D-kun

2D-kun, Mitsuo, and Nana-senpai are the only thin strings left keeping this series somewhat bearable, in a world filled with crazy anime people it's always good to have your reliable bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom