• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time 22: I forgot that I had stopped watching this at ep. 20 while it was still airing so since I remember most of the stuff that happened I decided to finish this up and holy shit, this series is terrible:

the show really is bad. Even by my lax standards. It was just written horribly and squandered the few romantic parts in favor of very frustrating drama that ran in circles.
that said Koko is amazing and I put up with it for her.

Golden Time is great

I'll have nothing bad said about Koko

I cant either. I liked that she was batshit crazy. It was charming in this case. Thats not to say Id want to date a girl like that ever. It would be miserable. But as a fictional girl in a show, she is adorable.

Nah bro this is serious.

Horo sucks.

Whoaaaaaaaaaah now. Dont insult the goddess ._.

Nozaki-kun 2

Another fucking hilarious episode. So many gifable laugh out loud moments. The clean and crisp drawings are incredible. Like expected the characters have all translated incredibly into anime form. And man what makes the comedy so perfect, even more than the manga, is the voice acting. Everybody has delivered to perfection so far. The "you're a lolicon? Hueeeeee" made me spit out my drink. The emotional "I can trust my life in you" was another comedic gold moment.

Man this and Barack Obama are just making this season their bitch. 10/10 episode so fucking good. Love this show.

Nozaki-kun 2

Another fucking hilarious episode. So many gifable laugh out loud moments. The clean and crisp drawings are incredible. Like expected the characters have all translated incredibly into anime form. And man what makes the comedy so perfect, even more than the manga, is the voice acting. Everybody has delivered to perfection so far. The "you're a lolicon? Hueeeeee" made me spit out my drink. The emotional "I can trust my life in you" was another comedic gold moment.

Man this and Barack Obama are just making this season their bitch. 10/10 episode so fucking good. Love this show.

for a relative newcomer, Sakura's VA is perfect.

every scene where she's being insincere (her "yay" in episode 1, her asking Mokorin for help in episode 2) is laugh out loud hilarious.

She's impressed me so damn much.

for a relative newcomer, Sakura's VA is perfect.

every scene where she's being insincere (her "yay" in episode 1, her asking Mokorin for help in episode 2) is laugh out loud hilarious.

She's impressed me so damn much.

Yeah she's killing it. When she's reacting to the advice and is all "oooooh really?" was brilliant. Sarcastic responses are her forte.

Blusby

Golden Time 24: Lol, did this actually just happen?

4sYLmRk.png

I'm done, I can't do this anymore.

Akame Ga Kill Episode 2

This was an enjoyable episode, like I actually liked it. The action was nice and over the top and they actually didn't censor it. Yeah it's definitely gonna get edgier once the show gets further along. Anyways so far Leone is probably my favorite character with her care free personality.

In the author's attempt to add drama to keep shit interesting, she ended up ruining a perfectly likable cast of characters. Ghost Banri is fucking stupid. She could've made 24-25 episodes of them dating and hanging out with 2D-kun and it would've been a brilliant show.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. FUCK YOU AUDIENCES.

TUSR

Banned
In the author's attempt to add drama to keep shit interesting, she ended up ruining a perfectly likable cast of characters. Ghost Banri is fucking stupid. She could've made 24-25 episodes of them dating and hanging out with 2D-kun and it would've been a brilliant show.

BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. FUCK YOU AUDIENCES.

A 24-25 season of Kaga being waifu is greater than anything Golden Time achieved.

I didn't.

RIP

Yes Im afraid it did. But youre soooooo close. Finish it :)

I so thought that picture I sent you was avatar material.

Eureka Seven - 10

So in this episode I got foreshadowing from what I assume are going to be the villains, more info on Holland's back story, and some shipping which comes with a side of possible death flags.
Show, please don't kill off Holland.

Aside from that, pretty much nothing happened in this episode.

Blusby

Golden Time (End): I felt a lot of different things from my viewing of these final four episodes, and I believe that my words can't do this series the justice it deserves. A picture is worth a 1000 words after all!

Nothing you guys said could have ever prepared me for this:

YESYESYESYESYESYES! This was amazing.

This series was very much a Golden Time indeed!

Golden Time (End): I felt a lot of different things from my viewing of these final four episodes, and I believe that my words can't do this series the justice it deserves. A picture is worth a 1000 words after all!

Wait, so are you saying you actually liked the bridge scene?

I didn't like it, I loved it. I didn't think this finale could get any more pants-on-head stupid but JC Staff exceeded expectations, Valvrave's ending has nothing on this.
That whole thing just had me going. I'm like "I wasted so much of my life watching this and they dare end it like this?"

I am glad other people have suffered through this as well.

cajunator

Banned
A 24-25 season of Kaga being waifu is greater than anything Golden Time achieved.

RIP

I so thought that picture I sent you was avatar material.

it very much is but dont underestimate how much I love Sanyan~

Glad you liked it. I feel like they kept us hanging to the very end only for the storm clouds to part and the beautiful sun shone through at last. A golden time indeed.
Still a bad show though.

Blusby

I am glad other people have suffered through this as well.

I believe I became all the better man from this, the character's actions were really jarring especially because I watched Harmonie earlier today (with its pretty realistic take on young people in school).
Now that the ordeal is done I can't in good faith immediately follow up with something like ef Melodies, therefore I'll finish Panty & Stocking!

Glad you liked it. I feel like they kept us hanging to the very end only for the storm clouds to part and the beautiful sun shone through at last. A golden time indeed.
Still a bad show though.
Oh no, I thought that the series was absolute garbage. If I were to give this a score I'd say that it's a definite, generous 3/10.

cajunator

Banned
I believe I became all the better man from this, the character's actions were really jarring especially because I watched Harmonie earlier today (with its pretty realistic take on people in general).
Now that the ordeal is done I can't in good faith immediately follow up with something like ef Melodies, therefore I'll finish Panty & Stocking!

Koko and Banri were the most indecisive crazy maladjusted characters Ive seen in a romantic anime. Somehow those two were perfect for each other.

Nozaki-Kun Episode 2

Man that was so freakin hilarious, like damn. Mikorin is one hell of a tsundere, so funny. And Seo is just the best darn oblivious character and I love her attitude. Though I gotta say that Lolicon scene made me laugh more than I should of.

th

Anyways I have to say the characters shown so far are really great and I love Nozaki's deadpan face. The voice actors are really splendid. I also can't wait for the Violence vs Prince gonna be funny ahahahaha.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Episode 2:

Damn, this might be any even funnier show then Sabagebu! At the very least the humor is a lot sharper and witter then the other program if a bit more esoteric and meta-textual.

cajunator

Banned
Nozaki-Kun Episode 1

Man that was so freakin hilarious, like damn. Mikorin is one hell of a tsundere, so funny. And Seo is just the best darn oblivious character and I love her attitude. Though I gotta say that Lolicon scene made me laugh more than I should of.

th

Anyways I have to say the characters shown so far are really great and I love Nozaki's deadpan face. The voice actors are really splendid. I also can't wait for the Violence vs Prince gonna be funny ahahahaha.

This show is a nice surprise. At least so far.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We're starting to get to the better parts of gekkan shoujo now.

Should still have 2-3 more character introductions first though.

Space Dandy 2 2
That was an interesting escapade. Dandy is quite oblivious though I think Seo would beat him out in a contest in terms of obliviousness. Time surfing was cool and the alien was interestingly creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom