• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Nozaki-kun is now the only show I can't wait to see the next episode for. That 2nd episode was just really good. Barack was also good too, but this show was able to get more laughs out of me.

Hugstable

Banned
Only have one more episode of Fate/Zero left, and I may not be able to watch it for like 3 hours unless I wanna watch on my phone. This wait is gonna feel so long. The despair in this show is real,
I honestly don't see how anything in this could end anywhere near a happy note. RIP Lancer :(

Eureka Seven - 11

theEND has the best mecha design in this entire show so far. Like DAMN.

Not to mention it's got a crazy attack that
freaking MELTS the brain of the pilot inside!
Holy shit! Things are finally happening in this show!

Barakamon Episode 2

Holy shit was that a great episode. All the characters are really enjoyable, like they genuinely make me smile. The comedy was great especially with the Nurse and the Chief's wife. Everyone calling Handa the MC Sensei is real nice. The old man and the ending to the episode was so funny. Opening and Ending are still the best.

dbz_ref_by_amp_97-d7qe4c8.jpg

This scene though... DBZ anyone

Man between this and Nozaki-Kun I don't know if I can survive, their both so darn enjoyable and splendid. Both are definitely hits.

cajunator

Banned
Eureka Seven - 11

theEND has the best mecha design in this entire show so far. Like DAMN.

Not to mention it's got a crazy attack that
freaking MELTS the brain of the pilot inside!
Holy shit! Things are finally happening in this show!

So thats the technology that Nervegear usdd.

I started this season hoping that Tokyo Ghoul and Terror in Tokyo would be the highlight of the season. And it only Tit seems to be a well-rounded show with a lot of flesh to its plot.

Tokyo Ghoul I was hoping you'd be the next Attack on Titan full retard action-wise. But you ended up being... some show that I was looking forward to the action but it got censored too much.

I'm gonna make an anime aimed entirely at cajun. It'll just be a group of wide eyed anime girls all running to middle school with a piece of toast in their mouth. For the whole 90 minutes.

Other audience members will wonder just how far this school is and why there isn't a school district within the vicinity of these girls' house as a 90 minute jog is a bit too much, but Cajun won't care. As long as they look squee while running

when they reach the school a truck hits them all and a massive explosion burns down their flesh as their eyes start to boil and they scream in excruciating pain and curse their god as a false deity. Oscar bait? Oscar bait.

I'm gonna make an anime aimed entirely at cajun. It'll just be a group of wide eyed anime girls all running to middle school with a piece of toast in their mouth. For the whole 90 minutes.

Other audience members will wonder just how far this school is and why there isn't a school district within the vicinity of these girls' house as a 90 minute jog is a bit too much, but Cajun won't care. As long as they look squee while running

when they reach the school a truck hits them all and a massive explosion burns down their flesh as their eyes start to boil and they scream in excruciating pain and curse their god as a false deity. Oscar bait? Oscar bait.

;_; You're mean.

Mature

AnimeGAF! Can I get some recommendations for a friend? I'm looking for some good romance shows that are currently available via streaming. I have a couple in my head, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks folks.

Mokoi

Banned
eh I don't mind, but you should still check it out! She's the only weird looking character (so far at least)

She looks weird but the show is soooooo charming. Naru is ridiculously cute and sweet and the art is beautiful.

Too spooky for me! Nahh but seriously I'll give a watch at a much later date though. Also at first I was confused about which naru you were talking about caj. Apparently Hanayamata also has a Naru too.

I started this season hoping that Tokyo Ghoul and Terror in Tokyo would be the highlight of the season. And it only Tit seems to be a well-rounded show with a lot of flesh to its plot.

Tokyo Ghoul I was hoping you'd be the next Attack on Titan full retard action-wise. But you ended up being... some show that I was looking forward to the action but it got censored too much.

I was pretty hyped to see Ghoul, and now I just think it's shit. Also comes off as comedy show at moments. Still watching it though.

survivor

Banned
AnimeGAF! Can I get some recommendations for a friend? I'm looking for some good romance shows that are currently available via streaming. I have a couple in my head, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks folks.

Ano Natsu, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, My Little Monster, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and Toradora should all be on crunchyroll.

Mokoi

Banned

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun aka My Little Monster is the only one I can think of right now. It's pretty good.

Ano Natsu, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, My Little Monster, Natsuyuki Rendezvous, and Toradora should all be on crunchyroll.

This is a pretty good list and I can't be bothered to go down the list in Crunchy. FMA:B has a good romance in it between Ed and Winry, but that is really a B-plot that gets spread throughout the whole show.

If they don't mind that it doesn't ever develop romance but that it's hilarious, I'd recommend Nozaki-kun pretty hardcore. And it's entirely focused on the shojo manga business so they'd still get a semi-deconstruction of romance shojo. If they're into that.

Jintor

The My Little Monster/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun manga is so goddamn good. So sad it'll almost certainly never get a second season

cajunator

Banned
Too spooky for me! Nahh but seriously I'll give a watch at a much later date though. Also at first I was confused about which naru you were talking about caj. Apparently Hanayamata also has a Naru too.

I was pretty hyped to see Ghoul, and now I just think it's shit. Also comes off as comedy show at moments. Still watching it though.

Naru is a moenuke like Fujimiya in One week friends. Somehow Naru is even CUTER than her.

TUSR

Banned
Here's all you need to know: A girl has a weird dream. A new face enters into her life. She thinks she's into cosplay. A contract is offered.

I love Baccano!'s episode descriptions.

Ive skimmed through to episode 3 already.

who is in the hospital bed with the blue haired girl visiting?

Clov

Got drunk with some friends and rewatched Tatami Galaxy. Surprisingly everyone was able to keep up with the subtitles even as we drank throughout the night. I'm impressed.

The anime is still as great as I remember it. I still tear up at the last episode. I want a BD of this so bad. Maybe some day!

Edit: My friend says you're all pretty cool, and that the anime was the best thing she's seen in a while.

Got drunk with some friends and rewatched Tatami Galaxy. Surprisingly everyone was able to keep up with the subtitles even as we drank throughout the night. I'm impressed.

The anime is still as great as I remember it. I still tear up at the last episode. I want a BD of this so bad. Maybe some day!

Hey the more you hope the more it ain't gonna happen. Dreams are crushed I mean look at Cowboy bebop and the latest Gintama Movie. The BD for both haven't been released with Bebop suffering the most.

Clov

Hey the more you hope the more it ain't gonna happen. Dreams are crushed I mean look at Cowboy bebop and the latest Gintama Movie. The BD for both haven't been released with Bebop suffering the most.

That's just cause Funimation sucks. I'm sure someday someone else will rescue it from them. They wouldn't release House of Five Leaves either, but NISA got it. Because they're awesome.

Sengoku BASARA Judge End 02

p3xICtOl.jpg

IEYASUUUUUUUU

KIZUNAAAAAAA

Oh yeah, we're moving towards Sekigahara! This continues to be pretty stylish and I'm also surprised this is becoming a lot more grounded. The battle wasn't energy beams clashing with each other but actual fighting with the cutting of the cannon fodder and actual blood being splayed too. I rather like the direction they are going with this.

Gundam-san 02

Puberty is a harsh thing.

Tokyo ESP 01

Well that was nothing like the 1st chapter I read ages ago. I guess it would be interesting to see how it leads up to this.

DRAMAtical Murder 02

More introductions of the husbandos, I imagine the last one should be fully introduced by the end of the 4th episode. I do like all the extra scenes about things that will happen as it feels more world building instead of it being 24/7 on Aoba.

Ren is even more adorable.

Pocket Monsters X/Y 34

Finally, we're done with Mega Lucario and anger issues.

Ace of the Diamond 39

My god, I guess this is going for another season?

JoeFu

Banned
So I'm watching Love Lab because someone said something about it in the thread when discussing Sabagebu!

Not even through the first episode and its killing me. Pretty hilarious.

TUSR

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 3

this fucking cat thing is evil isnt it? Mami was dying and he/she got her to sign a contract to become a magical girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom