• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

mankoto

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 3

this fucking cat thing is evil isnt it? Mami was dying and he/she got her to sign a contract to become a magical girl.
Kyubey is neither good nor evil... It's just... Objective. You'll understand what I mean in a few episodes.

Enjoy your ride that is Madoka.
Edit:You restarted it because you forgot what happened?
Well,enjoy your ride... Again.

TUSR

Banned
Kyubey is neither good nor evil... It's just... Objective. You'll understand what I mean in a few episodes.

Enjoy your ride that is Madoka.

so mami
just died
this is indeed going to be a roller coaster it seems.

Edit: Yeah I watched 2.25 episodes one night months ago and it was super late. Didn't pay much attention to names or anything.

Crocodile

EVO CHAMPION 2014

598734-lisa_lisa.png

Majocco Shimai no Yoyo to Nene

Surprisingly amazing! This is the kind of stuff that puts a massive smile on my face. An imaginative and feel-good tale of the power of magic, and even a display of the goodness of humanity thrown in for good measure. Great soundtrack, great art, beautiful set pieces, entertaining and likable characters, great everything!

I do like how one of the titular characters effectively did nothing, but who cares! This is anime movie of the year right here.

Vylash

Persona 4 The Animation Episode 14

ibtVnhHD8qski7.gif
ibnYfChlx20iGf.gif

oh god, Yu narrating this episode made it that much better, was nice to see what the old lady was about since I never bothered with her social link. King's game next time! gonna be gif central

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 02

70ec9a1996.jpg

I only like shows where characters make silly faces all the time.

Between this, Barakamon and Sabagebu! this will be an enjoyable season despite other shows coming to fruition or not.

Funabori tier blushes going on this episode, but they look more intense the next one. New characters are great too.
Think I might read the manga for this. Really enjoyable show so far.

Thoraxes

LOGH 1 - 54

VUSb5MV.gif

Everything is fucking perfect. This is going to be the series that completely ruins all modern anime for me, and will make me not want to watch anything new for months.

This next half is going to be fucking nuts. I have no idea how the hell you even top this.

cajunator

Banned
why are their heads rectangles?

m-meanie ._.
Ume Aoki character design has wonderful charm.

So I'm watching Love Lab because someone said something about it in the thread when discussing Sabagebu!

Not even through the first episode and its killing me. Pretty hilarious.

Love lab was very funny and it had great chemistry. They introduced other characters that kind of messed with that but Overall it worked pretty well.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 3

this fucking cat thing is evil isnt it? Mami was dying and he/she got her to sign a contract to become a magical girl.

:3

Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth 1-2
My god, there's so much :cajun.

Croisee was a sweet little show. Not overly dramatic or stupid. Just warm and cute.

Chariot

Nokzaki-kun 02

So, I actually watched the episode myself. Chiyo is a nice girl, I really didn't think she play along with Mikotos antics. Her blank faces are hillarious, too. Yuzuki hillarious and spoken by my favorite voice actress and reminds thanks to that and her character of Kanbaru. Reminds me that Hanamonogatari is coming, yay. The irrated reactions she pulls out of Nzaki are wonderful.

jbcjflGH9H5wax.png

Whenever I hear Sawashiro, I can really hear her having fun while acting

Anyone knows if Sawashiro is singing herself? It doesen't sound like her in my ears, but I am actually really bad at recognizing voices.

jgminto

Space Dandy 15

That was a really creepy episode. Everything about the Ukuleleman was fantastic, he reminded me a lot of the classic creepy episodes from the cartoons I watched when I was young. I could totally see him fitting in with a show like Courage the Cowardly Dog. And wow at that preview, I'm already excited!

Chariot

Sengoku Basara - Judge End 02

Ok, I'm out. This is not the Sengoku Basara I love. Way too serious, way to few homoerotic undertones, way too little goofyness.
ji6lMl8WlQGFL.png

j4ZBkOMaM4u7E.png

The fuck are you even talking about? He's just standing there.
I also absolutely don't like these changes in actions. Yukimura surpassed his master in the movie with his own fists. Here he just... dies.

Miyukichi nails all her roles. Shes amazing.
Yes, she is wonderful :3

fertygo

Sengoku Basara - Judge End 02

Ok, I'm out. This is not the Sengoku Basara I love. Way too serious, way to few homoerotic undertones, way too little goofyness.

You know what I thought previous Basara animu is goddamn serious too especially the S2, for so many over the top gimmicks that its have, the story is pretty old-school samurai/warring state. but this new season just blow for other reason especially its Musshi Gondoh tier production value..

Chariot

You know what I thought previous Basara animu is goddamn serious too especially the S2, for so many over the top gimmicks that its have, the story is pretty old-school samurai/warring state. but this new season just blow for other reason especially its Musshi Gondoh tier production value..
I don't know, even the serious parts in S2 were over the top theatralic and overall everything was filled with fun. Here all the characters feel like empty shells that just try hard to recreate the character gags. But it just don't work.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - 2
ibzOF7ivW9i4eK.JPG

Take me away on your white stallion, Miyuki~
The new characters are giving this just the right amount of personality and variety that I wanted to see out of the first episode. I had originally thought the show needed someone else to bounce off of Chiyo's energetic attitude, and then it graciously complied with two new ones here.

Sadly, the gag timing is still a bit off to me, but it was much more successful than before mostly due to said new characters. It's during the amusing interactions between them where I think this show works. I'm on board now.

Barakamon - 2
I really, really love this. I love how expressive it is with its faces as well as its animation cuts, like that one take where Handa bangs his hands on the table after the girls come into his place. I love its brief moments of slapstick that never draw much attention to themselves. I love how it can switch moods almost on a dime and play it off well. It's such a treat to watch.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 19:

Ah yes, this episode has hit another major divergent point that gave the show its own identity. Indeed this is the episode
that sees Nephrite gain an actual character arc and gives Naru something else to do other then be the damsel in distress.
Quite a lot of forward progression was made, from a subtle shift in tactics to what I believe is the first reveal
of Mamoru as Tuxedo Mask to the audience and also quite a bit of foreshadowing of King Endymon.
I suppose my biggest issue with this episode is that apparently Occam's Razor is a foreign concept to pretty much all the girls because love is blinding. Also, signs that this show was made in a different time, it thinks nothing of pairing up obvious adults with middle school girls, which apparently was the style of the time in Shoujo. Anyway, this episode gets a highest recommendation to watch.

wonzo

Banned
Well it says you need at least three out of the five and I think the other four are pretty much covered.
Well technically there's no
mpreg or soul bonding
either. Not so sure on the
heat cycle
as it's been too long.

fertygo

I don't know, even the serious parts in S2 were over the top theatralic and overall everything was filled with fun. Here all the characters feel like empty shells that just try hard to recreate the character gags. But it just don't work.

The directing is seriously the difference, the previous anime just wonderfully breathing life to the character.. they're effing charismatic. (I think my favorite character is actually Kojuurou, that kinda showing how competent the storytelling when less central character can be so memorable.)

This new anime barely give a shit about animating stuff, so we can't even hope for that kind of directing/writing lol

What a disappointment.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well technically there's no
mpreg or soul bonding
either. Not so sure on the
heat cycle
as it's been too long.

Don't forget
the main character was a guy who was transformed and he later becomes pregnant so technically that could be seen as mpreg and then the soul of his partner bonded with their child or something like that. It was a confusing story. As for heat cycle, they're pretty much on that 24/7 and can basically hypnotise girls at will. Also snails.

Either way, it needs an anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom