• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Don't forget
the main character was a guy who was transformed and he later becomes pregnant so technically that could be seen as mpreg and then the soul of his partner bonded with their child or something like that. It was a confusing story. As for heat cycle, they're pretty much on that 24/7 and can basically hypnotise girls at will. Also snails.

Either way, it needs an anime.
By the time the MC was impregnated she was biologically a woman so I don't see how it's mpreg.
Yeah I'll give you that even if I recall it being some crazy ass shit with dormant DNA
Heat cycle infers there's a period where they're not in heat and according to this chart it's impossible for two omega's to impregnate one another. Now if they were both alpha's on the other hand… (this is of course ignoring point 1!)
Wonzo what have you done
Clearly I've exposed this thread to the pinnacle of literature.

By the time the MC was impregnated she was biologically a woman so I don't see how it's mpreg.
Yeah I'll give you that even if I recall it being some crazy ass shit with dormant DNA
Heat cycle infers there's a period where they're not in heat and according to this chart it's impossible for two omega's to impregnate one another. Now if they were both alpha's on the other hand… (this is of course ignoring point 1!)

Clearly I've exposed this thread to the pinnacle of literature.
This chart is only an estimate, based on extensive reasearch.
Huh.

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya 2wei! 01

I absolutely love Nasuverse stuff and I already watched the first season so there was no chance I wasn't going to watch this. Finally getting the the character I've been waiting for.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

But would they not be seen as alphas as they basically pray on others and are seen as the next step in evolution. Though I suppose that drive that can turn some of them mad does have omega properties to it. I will accept that the MC is technically not a mpreg but it's still a story where a guy will eventually become pregnant. And they're technically not 100% biologically a woman since you know
penis ;)
. But yeah, I guess it doesn't quite fit the model.

But still, the world will be better off if an anime adaptation was made.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 20:

On the other side of the spectrum, we have this rancid pile of trash. Seriously, what the fuck happened here, what combination of drugs were used to give us a mixing of a useless beach episode and a fucking episode of Scooby-Doo? This isn't Sailor Moon, this is a bad acid trip, highest recommendation to avoid.

Still cannot believe theres no stream for Barakamon.

Nozaki Kun 2

This is a funny show and the new characters are great! I'm surprised how good this show is.

wonzo

Banned
But would they not be seen as alphas as they basically pray on others and are seen as the next step in evolution. Though I suppose that drive that can turn some of them mad does have omega properties to it. I will accept that the MC is technically not a mpreg but it's still a story where a guy will eventually become pregnant. And they're technically not 100% biologically a woman since you know
penis ;)
. But yeah, I guess it doesn't quite fit the model.
Don't forget the MC lost her "wedding ring" at the climax of the story so…

idk maybe hito the resident d.r. expert can weigh in on this and settle it once and for all.

But still, the world will be better off if an anime adaptation was made.
Most def.

/XX/

See it may have been rushed a bit, but it really didn't matter since the execution and direction was great and consistent. Also each chapter in the manga is pretty long like 40 or so pages on average. I hope it stays consistent though.
I hope so too, yeah. I was just a little concerned that they decided overall, during series composition, on loosely adapting situations for the sake of covering much going a little over those menial or little character interactions that is what makes this kind of genre works, nothing more... so, of course it could be just a punctual matter.

Also what anime are you watching this season.
From this season? Only this one! :)

Making of Little Witch Academia Documentary-
Thanks to you now I want to watch it once more, well done!

Also something that struck me while I was going through the animator list was that Studio Pablo was involved with the background work for LWA and KLK. I remember Kaneko saying at Animazement that he hand-picked the background artists so I'm wondering if the same guys that worked on KLK at Pablo, worked on LWA.
Some did, some not, and others came. I suppose many things can change in-between the two productions and the schedules of everyone involved, so it must be difficult to have a specific team 'on hold'. If you want to compare, the full staff lists (and I mean truly in full) of both shows are in the usual TRUSTY places:

リトルウィッチアカデミア - アニメスタッフデータベース - Seesaa Wiki(ウィキ)
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/...%A3%A5%C3%A5%C1%A5%A2%A5%AB%A5%C7%A5%DF%A5%A2

キルラキル - アニメスタッフデータベース - Seesaa Wiki(ウィキ)
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/%A5%AD%A5%EB%A5%E9%A5%AD%A5%EB

So all the fresh meat seem to be coming over from Gainax and none of them were complete newbies to the process although it seems like the animation process for LWA was especially hard, possibly due to Yoshinari's high standards. So much of the documentary was them struggling to complete stuff and Yoshinari sending it back to them for further corrections. I honestly don't know how people work in this industry as the work itself is patience-trying but then after all of that, you get shit on and have to do it again.
And there was no end to their grinding, as if they didn't learn anything from the training project:

Q: As episodes progressed, I’m sure the younger animators at Trigger were rearing their heads more on-site. Looking back, what do you think of their growth?

Sushio: The young animators who worked on Little Witch Academia all joined Trigger. After they’d finished their first project, I thought they had gotten better. So when I looked at their actual skills, I initially thought “this ain’t going to be good”. If I don’t knuckle down and train them properly, it wouldn’t end well for me either.
http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/87006922850/sushio-interview-from-the-kill-la-kill-guidebook

After all they must meet Sushio's high standards too! :p

No mercy whatsoever in his criticism seemingly. I did find the stuff he pointed out such as the movement in Akko's back and camerawork position to be good although some of the later criticisms, such as the magic show opening, were a bit beyond me.
And by the way it was presented it could be easily misunderstood, you are not alone on that... :-D

Speaking of physical space, it was interesting to note that Trigger went from smaller floor space to this much more spacious floor part of the way through the documentary. Looking back, I'm guessing this was when they were starting to ramp up for their KLK production and obviously were bringing more people on board for the show.
To be more specific, they were already several months in full-production concurrently by the time it came the need to change of floor inside the 'Hewlett-Packard Ogikubo Office' building they share along other USPI companies.

You make me want to see that Jarmel even though that is normally something I wouldn't watch.
Do it, please! Knowing the processes always brings another level of appreciation and respect for these works of love you are watching, and for those giving their lives to accomplish them...

Random: I've been seeing some fan art of this guy all over the web lately, and I was wondering if he's from some anime, manga or game I've never heard of...

ucTzncP.jpg

gMzYjDH.jpg

I really dig his design, so I'm curious who he is.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-light-novels-have-anime-in-the-works/.76640
Kūsen Madōshi Kōhosei no Kyōkan Light Novels Have Anime in the Works

No the main point,the main point is
Kanata Age (Eiji) is a young man who lives on the floating wizard academy city of "Misutogan." He was once celebrated as the "Black Master Swordsman," the elite ace of the S128 special team. However, he is now despised as the "traitor of the special team." One day, he is assigned as the instructor of E601, a team that has suffered 10 consecutive defeats. E601 has three girls — Misora Whitale, Lecty Eisenach, and Rico Flamel — with one or two peculiar quirks.

Can't Japanese LN have more creative?

jgminto

Random: I've been seeing some fan art of this guy all over the web lately, and I was wondering if he's from some anime, manga or game I've never heard of...

ucTzncP.jpg

gMzYjDH.jpg

I really dig his design, so I'm curious who he is.

Looks fighting game character-esque to me, don't think I've seen him before though.

Dragon Collection Episode 15
Bsf8V3mCUAAwe5M.png
Bsf9wqnCMAAVzFJ.png

Wow this episode was pretty funny with the beach swimbriefs antics and what not but then the battle. Pretty fantastic explosive start even.

though I wonder if theyd really make him win against a water attribute even if he's all fire

duckroll

Haikyu - Episode 15

Ooooh, the inter-high tournament begins! I think one of the best things about the show is the feeling of how we've really seen the team develop and grow from a few fresh faces and a loosely organized group of older friends, into an actual motivated and balanced force capable of winning matches. All the practice matches and training sessions really did a good job of making it believable that they'll actually do well in this tournament.

I really like how they have developed the other teams too. There are a number of larger than life personalities, but everything also feels pretty human and relatable. It makes matches more interesting to watch when there's an emotional investment in the people playing, especially if both sides aren't painted as "good" or "bad" guys, just student teams wanting to do well for themselves. Win or lose, it's all a good time.

They seem to be building some minor subplot with the female volleyball team too. I dunno where it's headed, but I guess it does make sense that the boy's team doing well again would have some impact on how the girls feel about their sport. Looking forward to seeing where they go with that.

---

Nozaki-kun - Episode 1

This was pretty good too. I probably wouldn't have bothered watching it if not for some recommendations in the thread here. It seems like a pretty fun romantic comedy with pretty cute visual and likeable leads. I'm glad the guy isn't an asshole, even though he seems a little dense. The girl is a total klutz though, so there's potential there for it to get old. But if they can keep the scenarios interesting and humorous, it should be fine. Need more cat scenes. The name Chiyo and the meet-a-cat-on-the-way-to-school gag both remind me of Azumanga, which is probably a good thing!

I'm surprised to see Ryochimo directed the OP sequence. I wouldn't have guessed it was him, but it was pretty well done. I haven't really been a fan of the way he directs OPs in the past, so it's good to see he's getting better at it. Maybe working on the new Yozakura TV series helped him refine his directorial skills even more. :)

Would you say that you're knotted up about it?
Fully, completely and for quite some time.

Nozaki-kun - Episode 1

This was pretty good too. I probably wouldn't have bothered watching it if not for some recommendations in the thread here. It seems like a pretty fun romantic comedy with pretty cute visual and likeable leads. I'm glad the guy isn't an asshole, even though he seems a little dense. The girl is a total klutz though, so there's potential there for it to get old. But if they can keep the scenarios interesting and humorous, it should be fine. Need more cat scenes. The name Chiyo and the meet-a-cat-on-the-way-to-school gag both remind me of Azumanga, which is probably a good thing!

I'm surprised to see Ryochimo directed the OP sequence. I wouldn't have guessed it was him, but it was pretty well done. I haven't really been a fan of the way he directs OPs in the past, so it's good to see he's getting better at it. Maybe working on the new Yozakura TV series helped him refine his directorial skills even more. :)
Another one joins the fold!

Ping Pong

Wow this came out of nowhere. Everyone should watch it even if you're not into ping pong(I wasn't). It's as much about ping pong as about friendship and lessons in life. Only 11 episodes long.

And that art style... so unorthodox and liberal with the animation. It's like the animatiors were on psychedelics lol, mind-bendingly good. The looks are simple and cheap at first but the details come out over time and it serves the narration well.

9/10

GkR7uzg.jpg

H9kVw1v.png

4vPe6aB.png

nIbqIld.png

NeonZ

This new anime barely give a shit about animating stuff, so we can't even hope for that kind of directing/writing lol

What a disappointment.

Are we watching the same show? The battles actually have actual movement now rather than the blinding flashes of the previous anime. What they've really simplified are the character designs (which seem to get even less detailed during combat movement), not the animation itself.

"I hope a new Pokemon episode is out after my break from anime"

That's literally the first thing that I thought of when I went to go check.

I'm kinda shocked at myself honestly.

If it helps duckroll nozaki kun is more of a comedy dealing with romance and Shojo topics than a romantic comedy. And episode 2 was better than episode 1 because they start introducing the other characters. The cast of returning characters are the highlight of the show. It's like the Shojo version of Gintama.

Glad to see your enjoyment. The more people that realize that barakamon and nozaki kun are two of the three shows you absolutely have to watch this season the better.

cajunator

Banned
If it helps duckroll nozaki kun is more of a comedy dealing with romance and Shojo topics than a romantic comedy. And episode 2 was better than episode 1 because they start introducing the other characters. The cast of returning characters are the highlight of the show. It's like the Shojo version of Gintama.

If episode 2 is better than the first one this show is a treat.

If episode 2 is better than the first one this show is a treat.
Oh infinitely better. Like I said the characters make the show. I expect a lot of people here to start reading the manga after the show.

I wonder if it's 1 or 2 cour. I think there's enough chapters for 2 but don't know if it's popular enough for it.

BluWacky

Oh infinitely better. Like I said the characters make the show. I expect a lot of people here to start reading the manga after the show.

I tried reading the manga a few months back but was put off by the terrible readability of the translation, which clearly needed another pass by an editor or at least a native English speaker. I am hoping that, when I get around to watching the anime, the translation is more coherent...

Haikyiu 15
(jesus I always mistype this title a pair of times)

A better episode than the previous one. It's funny in several moments, it builds up on the tension of the tournament starting, old rivals meeting, the public chanting..., and it has an explosive start of the first match.
It also has some nice waifus. Dat female volleyball team. I could get on a female version of the series done by the same author.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom