• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Ive read that before, where animators stay at work and actually sleep over there on occasion when the deadline is near. Then again, some of our dispatchers will stay a couple hours later (about 14 hours total) to make sure night dispatch isnt walking into a minefield.

This is actually brought up a bit in the documentary, that I would recommend everybody to watch (despite some issues with the subs). They have a nap area with a sleeping bag and whatnot, like toothbrushes. The documentary mentions that near the end, the animators would only go home if they absolutely needed to take a shower(so I'm guessing the office reeks).

Some did, some not, and others came. I suppose many things can change in-between the two productions and the schedules of everyone involved, so it must be difficult to have a specific team 'on hold'. If you want to compare, the full staff lists (and I mean truly in full) of both shows are in the usual TRUSTY places:

リトルウィッチアカデミア - アニメスタッフデータベース - Seesaa Wiki(ウィキ)
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/...2481;アカデミア

キルラキル - アニメスタッフデータベース - Seesaa Wiki(ウィキ)
http://seesaawiki.jp/w/radioi_34/d/キルラキル

It seems Ayaka Fujii and Takayuki Suzuki were holdovers from LWA.
And there was no end to their grinding, as if they didn't learn anything from the training project:

http://animeslovenija.tumblr.com/post/87006922850/sushio-interview-from-the-kill-la-kill-guidebook

After all they must meet Sushio's high standards too! :p

The ride never ends. Yea it didn't seem that Yoshinari was 'training' them per say but rather just giving them corrections. They mention a lot about 'speaking through drawings' so that seems to be the bulk of interaction between Yoshinari and the animators. I'm not in their position so I don't know how long term beneficial that type of communication is compared to face to face schooling. It seems like Sushio sat down with them though and worked through some stuff. Masaru Sakamoto and Shūhei Handa seem to have gotten better as they were both the animation directors for KLK episodes(well either that or Trigger was really shorthanded).

Motto at Trigger looks to be, "Trial by fire".

I was pretty perplexed at that, I had just chalked it up to the secret communication between animators.
To be more specific, they were already several months in full-production concurrently by the time it came the need to change of floor inside the 'Hewlett-Packard Ogikubo Office' building they share along other USPI companies.
The new floor seemed much nicer in that it's less cramped for the animators. Yoshinari even has a window view now.

It's interesting to see how physical distance affects the production of a work in that the animators can really quickly send their stuff to Sazigen. Compare that to Yoshinari having to travel all the way to France to do some sound aspects.

TUSR

Banned
Come on guys, we're in a internet forum were people are named after games, companies and fictional characters. I thought he meant a user.

That makes sense then, im not sure why hes a threat to the anime community though.

If the thread on gaming side becomes a waifu war or a feminist fight, I could it boiling down to a war on anime.

You misunderstand. I think Narag is threatening us all with this.

I assumed when people actually wanted something from the F-Zero franchise it would be a game.

Eureka Seven - 12

Uh....What just happened here? I wanted a mecha fight against theEND in this episode damn it! Not a scene of Renton
entering the Matrix or something!

Man, today has just been full of disappointment for me so far.

Link Man

Banned
Clannad 15

Sunohara is such a fun butt-monkey.

And more drama with the Drama Club. I'm starting to think there's a reason they chose this club to focus on.

Interesting reaction from Sunohara after hearing the choir club's story. And we might be meeting Sunohara's sister soon. I wonder if these things might be related.

ED song cameo. This must be an important moment.

Ohmygod, Kyou. I had tried avoiding using the term "sob story", but you just threw it out there. And for that matter, haven't the past two arcs been "sob stories"? Is this anime becoming self-aware?

He used all his savings on Kotomi's yard? So much dedication.

Random Fuko is random.

So I guess this arc is going to focus on Tomoyo. I pray for Sunohara's survival.

This is his dumbest idea yet.

Actually, no, nothing can beat "Lend me your boobs!"

And now Sunohara is a stalker. Great.

:DTL
Even if it's a prank.

Whoah.

Oh, and here's the mystery girl from the OP. Mei Sunohara.

Jintor

Gekkan shoujo 2

The timing is still a little off but some of the touches they've made really elevate the (already stellar) source material. Nozaki's stupid salute when seo ditches him, as well as Lorelei's astounding singing voice, are fantastic.

The show also has a good sense if when to use comedic animation and when to stick to the basics. Now if it could just work on that joke timing...

Mokoi

Banned

duckroll

But tell me... how's the animation? Very lively? Because I must say that recent DOGA KOBO works (helmed by Mr. Ōta, though) have spoiled me a little in that aspect.

It's okay I guess. The art's pretty good, and things move, and they don't look bad. I don't think there's anything really outstanding in the first episode, but it's pretty well made.

Sailor Moon 19

aoB8RSu.jpg

Trying to get a plushie of oneself, eh?

Some identities gets revealed and the
Moon Tiara Action
fails for the first time. And Poor Naru falling for the completely wrong guy.

/XX/

It's interesting to see how physical distance affects the production of a work in that the animators can really quickly send their stuff to Sazigen. Compare that to Yoshinari having to travel all the way to France to do some sound aspects.
Yeah, that surprised me a lot as it seemed a rather "luxurious" way of spending the government's money. :p

Maybe Michiru Ōshima was the one who actually recommended them doing it, as she has lived and worked in Paris for a long time doing music recording at the same studios, and helping in sound post-production in general.

Mokoi

Banned
No one cares about mine!

Well that's because it's not lewd enough.

I dunno, something about my PS3 and streaming videos doesn't get along very well. But I've got my desktop dvd drive and blu-ray for that, so... yeah.

Streaming from crunchy on my PS3 is smooth. However, when I try to watch on my pc it just turns out like shit. Buffers for years or fails to even load.

Defuser

Tokyo ESP ep 1
That was fucking terrible. Why did Yomi and Kagura from Ga Rei appear? And the filler guys from Ga Rei Zero ep1 who I thought they died? Granted I wasn't calling those cameo characters terrible but mainly the overall execution and production for this episode.

The CGI pedestrians is terrible and too obvious, the characters animaton is too unnatural,clunky and lifeless.No atmosphere and any sense of emotion. Overall the Xebec tried to hide it's terribleness by going michael bay with it's gore,explosions and failing to replicate Ei Aoki's Ga-Rei Zero directing.

Chariot

I wrote 5 posts and deleted them in response to this. Not sure I'm up for the war on anime debate today.
Haha, I don't think we need a debate for that, or doe we?

You and masks ;)
lol
With that I only was making a cheap job in relation to a Bane Quotes from The dark knight rises, but yes, masks are awesome.
Tokyo ESP ep 1
That was fucking terrible. Why did Yomi and Kagura from Ga Rei appear? And the filler guys from Ga Rei Zero ep1 who I thought they died? Granted I wasn't calling those cameo characters terrible but mainly the overall execution and production for this episode.

The CGI pedestrians is terrible and too obvious, the characters animaton is too unnatural,clunky and lifeless.No atmosphere and any sense of emotion. Overall the Xebec tried to hide it's terribleness by going michael bay with it's gore,explosions and failing to replicate Ei Aoki's Ga-Rei Zero directing.
My thought was, that this was a sign, that this is set before Ga-Rei Zero, which make it a Prequel to a prequel. Kind of.
But I don't know either, since I can't remember them being in the Tokyo ESP manga. And having the Spirirt angency in this show, makes some things a bit weird.

mankoto

Akame Ga Kill 2
I haven't read this since
Chelsea died.
Completely forgot how it tries to be your average Shounen at times. And this episode was all of that.

Tokyo esp was so incredibly meh and I still don't know who the regulars are outside of the white haired girl because they focused so much on other people. What a horribly and unnecessarily convoluted first episode. More complex stories such as Dune managed to start out better than this so that better not be the excuse. Neither is a huge cast of characters because baccano made it clear from the start it wasn't going to focus on anybody in particular. Carol.

Well that's because it's not lewd enough.

Streaming from crunchy on my PS3 is smooth. However, when I try to watch on my pc it just turns out like shit. Buffers for years or fails to even load.
So you're telling me I need to find a lewd picture of Saber and make it my avatar but in a nondescript way?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
rekt

Why would they post a photo posed like this. WHY.
They say on the day the lewd was sealed from AnimeGAF the results were not quite what they hoped to achieve. Rather they sealing it away, they simply forced it to spread even worse throughout the rest of the Internet.

Tenumi

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure: 24

So beach training episode, and Megumi gets a fever afterwards. Misunderstandings ahoy!

...I'm gonna miss ED1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom