• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Sabagebu 1

74b594ae41db86be267fc98f4196e87e.jpg

The meta commentary is killing me. I love how it recognises its stupidity, its almost like its taking the mick out of C3 bu and rightly so. Very funny show!

lol what is this

Sain Seiya Omega 63-73

Christ, coming back to it after exactly a year and it's even poorer than I remember it being. Character/ Cloth design, low production values, "Burn my Cosmo !/ Power of friendship battles and that terrible writing. Even watching it when browsing isn't easy. Looking back, it probably wasn't the best choice for my 2nd modern anime. lol

I do sincerely hope they will kill Subaru once he serves whatever his purpose in this plot is. Annoying brat. At least finally the golds showed up in force.

Asmita and Shaka laugh at all those peasants longing for 8th sense/Omega.
So someone else went trought the same path i did.
See this ep 73 ? i couldNOT go past that .. The whole sequence was so poor and the little glimpse of good story elements got brushed aside by subaru endless stupidity.

Everytime subaru was on screen it was horrible.
I just can't believe they did 51 somehow good eps to do this afterwards what a waste.
i think i'm going to finish this one day but when ? i really don't know.

Code:
[B]"Subaru killed sain seya omega"[/B]
R_thanatos - 07/14/2014

Umi Monogatari - 1

jKtaC4u.jpg

:spacedandy

So once again, I found another really obscure anime. Wikipedia lists this one as "Action" and "Magical Girl". I then took a look at the premise, which honestly didn't seem that bad. By no means innovative, but hey, the show was only 12 episodes. It was also from the director of that Aria thing you people love so much.

So I took a look, and this show actually seems to have an okay sense of pacing right now. I have to admit, I'm curious to see where the action comes in. There's this calm, smooth atmosphere this show has. Which I like.

But of course, there's a downside. That's no music to play during a scene where a dark spirit is enveloping an island!!

So, anyone familiar with this show?

Midonin

So, anyone familiar with this show?
Watched it, bought the music album, enjoyed it. It's based on a pachinko game, but changed the tone of the original game to a more soothing magical girl type series, and turned out great because of it. Though I'm partial to magical girl series in general, so take my word for whatever it's worth.

Thoraxes

Well well...

Look what arrived just in time for me to not be able to watch it because I need to leave for work in like 20 minutes...

More pics to come later of all the goodies inside!

I really should start to watch LOGH. I know that I would love it but somehow the huge episode amount and old art has pushed me away so far.

Man, it's just really good. I don't usually start really long shows either, but once I got hooked I just couldn't stop.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
The most he should get from me is plz no and unamused puppy responses. Both so original I know.

Ah yes, the unamused boston terrier in a tail coat and top hat. The spitting image of the Victorian High Society, here to uphold our virtues. The irony of an animal who relishes the pursuit of game with each whiff from a beagle's backside. A contradiction on four legs. Lewdness is love, lewdness is life. Be free! Be free of the shackles from which society binds you dog!

STCrD8a.gif

TUSR

Banned
Ah yes, the unamused boston terrier in a tail coat and top hat. The spitting image of the Victorian High Society, here to uphold our virtues. The irony of an animal who relishes the pursuit of game with each whiff from a beagle's backside. A contradiction on four legs. Lewdness is love, lewdness is life. Be free! Be free of the shackles from which society binds you dog!

http://i.imgur.com/STCrD8a.gif]

my boston terror is evil

STCrD8a.gif
These words and that picture have just caused the death of me.

Black bullet - 13

"it is one strike yet two"

I'm Late to the party BUT just what ?

That last ep , with so many events , stuff predictable and stuff unpredictable.

I liked the idea that they could fight because of the support of others , but as usual black bullet is ruthless on the cast.
That brother had a death flag hanging since the previous events with his partner so that wasn't totally unexpected , but godddam this end doesn't make me happy , like at all.

I just don't understand black bullet , it's not a show about hope , it's a show about despair , it's not comical despair but ruthless despair unpon his cast.
You'd think some part are lighter than the others but that was just to bring more of despair afterwards.
Black%20Bullet%20-%2013.jpg

Ah ah Escuse while i'm laughing

Kisara choice actually please me. At least .. FINALLY one of those **sholes get what they deserve... he freaking deserved... man i was happy when i saw it on the floor because that was more than what rentaro did in 12 eps but goddam that finish.SO GOOD , please i want more !!
Evil kisara is welcomed , it's not just the change in character , it's just what the show needs , it's what the show needs
I mean how many times , how many deaths before you finally acknoledge that you just can't forgive some people?

i'm going to start the books really soon , and i hope this turn of events Will do something awesome for the casting.. there was a time for justice and in this case, given how ruthless black bullet world is , i'm 300% behind it.

Kisara Best female character (still alive ) in black bullet.

Ps: Please give me a Kagetane & kisara team.. it would be just so perfect

Theonik should just drop the act and reveal himself as Tina from Bob's Burgers. Then whenever he's lewd at least it's funny and charming. He's just a regular hero. He puts his bra on one boob at a time.

M3 the dark metal EPISODE 13 ROAR OF THE BEAST

Well those emotions, that was an intense first half
minashi tears were unexpected too. But for the ending, why they expand the lightless realm, this is such a sad world to live in. :(

TUSR

Banned
Black Bullet was the most polarizing show of last season for me. Every episode I either hated it or liked it.

When Kagetane Hiruko came back I finally thought it was going to end strong, but they fucked that up too.

Kisara needs to team up with Samurai Loli.

phaze

So someone else went trought the same path i did.
See this ep 73 ? i couldNOT go past that .. The whole sequence was so poor and the little glimpse of good story elements got brushed aside by subaru endless stupidity.

Everytime subaru was on screen it was horrible.
I just can't believe they did 51 somehow good eps to do this afterwards what a waste.
i think i'm going to finish this one day but when ? i really don't know.

Code:
[B]"Subaru killed sain seya omega"[/B]
R_thanatos - 07/14/2014

hehe I just zone out and go back to reading the net. Much safer for my sanity this way. I think I remember reading it focuses on legendary and gold saints, so maybe they will steal some screen time from him. Either way I'm with this trainwreck till the end. It felt wrong having some SS franchise available and not finished, watching og Saint Seiya all those years back touched me in the head like that.

Tenumi

Banned
Survival Game Club: 02

I don't know how it does it, but that's two episodes to get audible laughs out of me. That is a great sign for a show.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well well...

Look what arrived just in time for me to not be able to watch it because I need to leave for work in like 20 minutes...

More pics to come later of all the goodies inside!

Man, it's just really good. I don't usually start really long shows either, but once I got hooked I just couldn't stop.
Not "from the creators of Inferno Cop"? I think they should fire whoever designed that packaging.

/XX/

I don't think working conditions such as those described there are anything commendable at all. There are other ways for people to enjoy and apply themselves to their craft without having to go through physical and mental torture in the process.
The creation of Studio Colorido seemed like a response to that situation on the Japanese animation industry, as it was stated on their vision and objectives as a company (http://colorido.co.jp/company.html); offering a sheltering place of trust, with sustainability in mind and respect for the well being of these artists, so they can breath... and because of that artisan approach they until now have focused on just the production of 'auteur' little works, but I find that a nice trade-off most of the time!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Lewdness is love and life. Until you end up like cnet and theonik.

#neverforget

I've been a member since '07 and I've survived thus far. It's a tricky tightrope. One must understand the rapids of the river, before attempting to cross it - and right now the waters are stronger than ever. While there is little doubt that I've tested the patience of many mods in the past, my only goal in posting here has ever been to enjoy myself and to have a little fun in this community (a community with the most passionate and unique members I've ever seen). If I am guilty of that, then perm me tighter than jerry curls.

Black Bullet was the most polarizing show of last season for me. Every episode I either hated it or liked it.

When Kagetane Hiruko came back I finally thought it was going to end strong, but they fucked that up too.

Kisara needs to team up with Samurai Loli.
I like how
Kisara went from Noooo Rentaro you'll become darkness and they'll hate you to I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS KILL EVERYONE. Because more people killing each other instead of the monsters is exactly what this world needs. She won't last long story has already set her up to die.

Give me more Kagetane.

mankoto

Chunnibyo S2 1-2
Seems like more of the same which is good. Kinda annoyed that it took 2 whole episodes until we get a glimpse at the new girl though.

Jarmel

Banned
Great write up.

That's nothing, just listen to this story about the true hell that you get to experience in the anime industry. This is from Miyzaki, going into detail of what it was like to work as a finish inspector on Heidi (1974):

????

They're all CRAZY.

How can you create something truly lasting without someone dying in the process?

I mean LWA was running smoothly for the most part. They did emphasize that the animators were running slow but I never got the sense that it was down to the wire. KLK they finished hours before broadcast(and it somewhat shows). I wonder how many of their animators had to be taken to the hospital in March/April.

All of this reinforces the idea that one of, if not the, most important parts of a production is the production schedule. I'm really looking forward to seeing what ufotable's super long production schedule for FSN produces.

Also hoping that InouBattle and Ninja Slayer have better scheduling. I have a feeling Inou might be a bit rough. Anyway Trigger is aware that the production schedule was pretty subpar for KLK so here's hoping they plan better in the future!

I've been a member since '07 and I've survived thus far. It's a tricky tightrope. One must understand the rapids of the river, before attempting to cross it - and right now the waters are stronger than ever. While there is little doubt that I've tested the patience of many mods in the past, my only goal in posting here has ever been to enjoy myself and to have a little fun in this community (a community with the most passionate and unique members I've ever seen). If I am guilty of that, then perm me tighter than jerry curls.

Just the fact you compared surviving in GAF as a lewd individual to surviving on a life-endangering situation means you're a-ok in my book. All of you are. Just because I hate the lewd does not mean I dislike any of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom