• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe I just zone out and go back to reading the net. Much safer for my sanity this way. I think I remember reading it focuses on legendary and gold saints, so maybe they will steal some screen time from him. Either way I'm with this trainwreck till the end. It felt wrong having some SS franchise available and not finished, watching og Saint Seiya all those years back touched me in the head like that.
why do you think i decided to back out ?
i needed some space.
From ep 52 to 73 i TRIED to give this show a chance and that mostly goodwill from the very good 14 to 51 episode that trrully were entertaining to watch.

i'm gonna finish it .. but that was just too much because i was becoming angry , so angry i was reaching "omega" before the cast

As a whole, I think I only liked 1 or 2 episodes of Black Bullet
i only trully enjoyed 2 episodes out of 13

I mean i watched it all but there was always something in the eps i HATED so i couldn't trully enjoy what was going on because Everything in the Black bullet world is messed up and that's not saitenshi speech in ep 13 was will convince me otherwise.

I like how
Kisara went from Noooo Rentaro you'll become darkness and they'll hate you to I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS KILL EVERYONE. Because more people killing each other instead of the monsters is exactly what this world needs. She won't last long story has already set her up to die.

Give me more Kagetane.

Actually kisara said
that rentaro will never achieve anything because he is afraid of dirtying his hand , and that she rather dirty her hand to punish what need to be punished than do nothing.

It's very similar to kagetane that still say to rentaro to stop being so damn naive and to do something.

Kill la Kill 10

8MWCe2Y.jpg

l33t h4x0r

Or not so elite since he was beaten really fast. And then there's the start of a noisy battle. Things might even be going too well...

I've been a member since '07 and I've survived thus far. It's a tricky tightrope. One must understand the rapids of the river, before attempting to cross it - and right now the waters are stronger than ever. While there is little doubt that I've tested the patience of many mods in the past, my only goal in posting here has ever been to enjoy myself and to have a little fun in this community (a community with the most passionate and unique members I've ever seen). If I am guilty of that, then perm me tighter than jerry curls.

I
didn't
understand that reference.

-----------------------
Space dandy S2 - 01

Dandy is back ! with a vengeance !
Kudos with the creativity with the various dandy that was actually very much awesome to watch ....
heck wikipedia even has space theories on relativity answers ? (Check ) Damn it really exist ..
Can't believe everyone is underestimating wikipedia as a source of knowledge.

TUSR

Banned
Just the fact you compared surviving in GAF as a lewd individual to surviving on a life-endangering situation means you're a-ok in my book. All of you are. Just because I hate the lewd does not mean I dislike any of you.

I've been a member since '07 and I've survived thus far. It's a tricky tightrope. One must understand the rapids of the river, before attempting to cross it - and right now the waters are stronger than ever. While there is little doubt that I've tested the patience of many mods in the past, my only goal in posting here has ever been to enjoy myself and to have a little fun in this community (a community with the most passionate and unique members I've ever seen). If I am guilty of that, then perm me tighter than jerry curls.

I've seen the ban message far too many times. Im probably at the end of my rope and only have 1-2 left in me.

Reading about those anime studio working conditions again, ergh. Are there actually larger studios out there that have spacious workspace, humane (by western standards) schedules and just in general care a great deal about their employees' health?

While of course amazing stuff can be produced in less suitable conditions, having proper working conditions that respect every employee as a human being can only help. Though I guess Japanese culture and lack of funding etc. means that the vast majority of studios work like this.

mankoto

Reading about those anime studio working conditions again, ergh. Are there actually larger studios out there that have spacious workspace, humane (by western standards) schedules and just in general care a great deal about their employees' health?

While of course amazing stuff can be produced in less suitable conditions, having proper working conditions that respect every employee as a human being can only help. Though I guess Japanese culture and lack of funding etc. means that the vast majority of studios work like this.

My memory is acting up again... Well, do you consider these spacious? Some might be only a single floor I think though.

06d40b87065797364a898816dde412f41359253599_full.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Just watch the South Park documentary where the guys have giant offices and scooters and work in an office straight out of the dot com bubble and any of the Danny Choo tours of "big" Japanese studios where it's guys chained to desks on crappy PCs.

A lot of demand for a job means they can pay less. Much more so now that they have started farming more and more to Korea, China, and Vietnam.

Last time I got hit with trollsubs it was with B Gata H Kei subbed by CoalGuys. It was funny either way so it wasn't so bad.
The last one I remember was the "bad" Aria show with the kugiloli sniper. gg did those I think.

mankoto

The last one I remember was the "bad" Aria show with the kugiloli sniper. gg did those I think.
I can't remember what show it was, but the first subs I got from gg were trollsubs. Since it was back when I was figuring out "who was who," back then I didn't trust their subs until 2 years later.

That Smash trailer has reminded me how upset I am that there hasn't been a new F-Zero game in more than 10 years. :( WTF Nintendo.

What you think you'll get and what you'll get are probably different things .

F-zero with tripping

-------------------------

Space Dandy S2 - 02
In this episode dandy show that you need to smile at the right time , that you can surf on anything as long as it's cool and that sound waves work in space.

I'm IN

So is adnoah.zero actually watchable? I've heard opinions but I wanted to ask here first. You can be honest.
It is watchable. But that doesn't really mean much. Maken-ki is watchable a well. Now if you're asking if its good, well jury is still out in my opinion.

Re Hamatora 02

Well I can clearly see where this plot is going now and if I know Nice his reaction is going to be stupid as hell.

Midonin

Gundam Build Fighters 23-25 + Final Thoughts

If it is possible to feel nostalgia for something you were never a part of, then I think I understand what everyone who had Gokaiger as their first Sentai series was going through. It's all in the atmosphere, the way the show finds a way to tap into that nostalgic part of the human brain. Not that different from what something like K-ON! does with school. Just with a brand name attached to it.

The air of sportsmanship that ran through the final episodes was great. The Gunpla Festival was as much an advertisement for a no doubt similar event in the real world, but it didn't feel like it didn't belong in this universe. Given how in love Japan is with Gundam, such fervor may very well be present like that. And the conclusion to the Mashita plot and the final "space" battle were equal parts hilarious (what a lazy villain) and genuinely epic. Nobody was looking to cause war, but for peace. A world where bears and knights and pirates and all sorts of Gundams are on equal footing.

If there's one line that resonates with me from this show, it's this. "Because there are no stakes, that's why people can take it seriously." That doesn't just apply to Gunpla. That applies to anime as a whole. It's just TV shows, but we're still genuinely invested in the way we turn out. We customize them to our own liking through fanfics and doujins and fanart, and debate about the merits. It's not as physical or merchandisable, but the feelings shared between Gunpla battlers are the feelings no doubt shared between Gundam fans. Between fans of any anime. It speaks to imagination. That's a wonderful message to young fans, and to the young at heart.

The ending of the season was pretty conclusive,
and that final shot of Yuuki and Sei's Gunpla frozen in mid-battle was kind of beautiful
, the fights were pretty but the characters surrounding them were just as likable, loaded with references but accessible to the person who knows nothing of them. I may have passed it over, but I'm glad I picked it up.

Not sure where the second season can go from here, or if I'll try out more Gundam anything in the future, but that was a joyous experience. It's different for Gundam, familiar for kids' TV, but made with a lot of love.

Next up on my infinite backlog, I'll be watching Yumeria. This was a conscious decision.

So is adnoah.zero actually watchable? I've heard opinions but I wanted to ask here first. You can be honest.

considering that you've been complaining of having watched the same shows/tropes over and over again (if I recall correctly) then you really don't want to watch it right now.

Especially after that terribad second episode. There's still hope though. Dat dream team might deliver. Samurai Flamenco needed 6 episodes.

edit: ok second episode wasn't THAT bad but it made me lose hope for the show, which it now has to redeem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom