• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
ebhCBzZl.png

This is the second KuroBasket fuji parody I've seen. I guess it's just easy short hand now.

Mature

TTGL 6

I must be the last person on Earth to realize that Princess Lal'C is in Gurren Lagann:

E68NiQM.png
Running through Gainax's work's chronologically paid off in this episode. I think this was my favorite ep of the show on my first run of it, but having just seen it again recently I didn't like it as much. Still a lot of fun though; some of the running through the bathhouse is really reminiscent of FLCL.

mankoto

Thats a pretty tiny building regardless!

That's true. Although I wouldn't think they need that much space to begin with. I remember going Trigger posted an office shot of when they were working on LWA.

296619_521693617856187_538454211_n.jpg

The write-up a few pages back mentioned that they moved to a bigger building when they started KLK, I imagine the layout is mostly the same just with more people.

cajunator

Banned
How? This show is weird first we get the creepy forehead shark girl, and now shikihairstyles.jpg I hope this Naru character is as interesting as caj mentioned.

Nice! don't even like the sword arts, but still jelly.

Woah just because someone didn't like it doesn't mean you need to get angry. At least that's how you're coming across too me. Those were solid points by Moral Panic that I agreed with too. Still love the show though.

Its not that Naru is interesting, shes reserved, shy, just a soft spoken super moenuke. Whic, is interesting to me lol.

cajunator

Banned
That's true. Although I wouldn't think they need that much space to begin with. I remember going Trigger posted an office shot of when they were working on LWA.

296619_521693617856187_538454211_n.jpg

The write-up a few pages back mentioned that they moved to a bigger building when they started KLK, I imagine the layout is mostly the same just with more people.

That is remarkably well organized for an animation studio.

Mokoi

Banned
Takeda Hiromitsu draws a toooooon of NTR doujinshi.

but you have to admit they are excellent lewds.

he also does an admirable job of netorare.

Hehe yes he does, and yep quite admirable I must say.

How lewd are they?

Very!

https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-0/296619_521693617856187_538454211_n.jpg

This actually does look organized compared to the little tour of the sunrise studio during one of the gintama episodes. I need to go re-watch that episode because those offices look sad if I remember correctly.

mankoto

That is remarkably well organized for an animation studio.

Well at the time they didn't have much of a workload. Back then I think all they had to do was LMA, the OP for Project X Zone, and some other offhand things for other anime studios.

290653_518707871488095_53939026_o.jpg

I forgot to show Yoshinari's desk. I doubt it was ever this clean though. They probably cleaned it up to make it look presentable.

This actually does look organized compared to the little tour of the sunrise studio during one of the gintama episodes. I need to go re-watch that episode because those offices look sad if I remember correctly.

Wasn't that episode with the mannequins of Kagura and Gintoki because if it is, the office did look quite busy and unorganized.

cajunator

Banned
I was expecting a Puchiko mention. You're slipping, cajun!

Well you could really just swap any of her roles in there and it would work.

Well at the time they didn't have much of a workload. Back then I think all they had to do was LMA, the OP for Project X Zone, and some other offhand things for other anime studios.

Im sure conditions have improved ever so slightly from what they used to be for animators. but it likely depends on the studio. Shaft probably just straps people to their desks or something.

Frog-fu

Banned
Nozaki 01-02
Fuck everyone in this thread. I didn't need to add another anime to my watching list this season but damn it, I'm in.

Uchū Kyōdai 73-80
I've been catching up with this in the past few days and man, it's as good as I remember it. Better even.

So is adnoah.zero actually watchable? I've heard opinions but I wanted to ask here first. You can be honest.

I say go for it. Story's still being set up in the midst of chaos and characters are still being introduced but it's at least been interesting. Animation is gorgeous, soundtrack is awesome, and it's only going to be about 12 episodes so you won't be in for a long haul. I personally look forward to episode 3.

While I'm at it, I highly recommend watching Zankyō no Terror. It's kind of crazy and pretty confusing after having seen only the first episode but the production values are insane.

cajunator

Banned
Nozaki 01-02
Fuck everyone in this thread. I didn't need to add another anime to my watching list this season but damn it, I'm in.

Uchū Kyōdai 73-80
I've been catching up with this in the past few days and man, it's as good as I remember it. Better even.

I say go for it. Story's still being set up in the midst of chaos and characters are still being introduced but it's at least been interesting. Animation is gorgeous, soundtrack is awesome, and it's only going to be about 12 episode so you won't be in for a long haul. I personally look forward to episode.

While I'm at it, I highly recommend watching Zankyō no Terror. It's kind of crazy and pretty confusing after having seen only the first episode but the production values are insane.

eheheee
Welcome to the madness and fun!

mankoto

Im sure conditions have improved ever so slightly from what they used to be for animators. but it likely depends on the studio. Shaft probably just straps people to their desks or something.
I was always under the impression they were bent on caffeine considering how rushed everything is in the TV version and then everything as it should be in the BD release.

Nozaki-kun 1

Expected more after all the praise in here, got a whole lotta meh!

If you don't enjoy episode 2 then drop it. Because that's the style of most of the show later on, with character interactions and all.

And also it would mean you have no soul

Oh. I remember watching an episode or two and then losing interest. Is it really that good?
Easily one of the better romance dramas in anime, even if it gets a bit too drama near the end.

Oh. I remember watching an episode or two and then losing interest. Is it really that good?

Most people I've talked to about it love it. To me, it's just another Kugimiya Rie tsundere and annoying high school love triangles, squares, whatever the fuck shape.

Fuck, man, why did I even bother with Golden Time after Toradora.

Narag

It lacks a very distinct voice or identity because it steeps itself inside the culture of manga/shoujo.

I think that's a lot of the problem with it for me in that first ep. Just felt like punchline after punchline in regard to an area I don't have much exposure to so the gags did little for me.

First episodes only enjoyable moment was the after credits scene.

I'm with you here, DTL.

Sailor Moon 19

Holy crap Tuxedo Mask almost actually did something...

Or not lol

We didn't even get a conclusion to the fight, at least we got a bit of explanation of Tuxedo Mask and who/why he is Tuxedo Mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom