• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clannad 15

Sunohara is such a fun butt-monkey.

And more drama with the Drama Club. I'm starting to think there's a reason they chose this club to focus on.

Interesting reaction from Sunohara after hearing the choir club's story. And we might be meeting Sunohara's sister soon. I wonder if these things might be related.

ED song cameo. This must be an important moment.

Ohmygod, Kyou. I had tried avoiding using the term "sob story", but you just threw it out there. And for that matter, haven't the past two arcs been "sob stories"? Is this anime becoming self-aware?

He used all his savings on Kotomi's yard? So much dedication.

Random Fuko is random.

So I guess this arc is going to focus on Tomoyo. I pray for Sunohara's survival.

This is his dumbest idea yet.

Actually, no, nothing can beat "Lend me your boobs!"

And now Sunohara is a stalker. Great.

:DTL
Even if it's a prank.

Whoah.

Oh, and here's the mystery girl from the OP. Mei Sunohara.

Yes! I found it!

Hahaha. I liked that pause for the Sunohara moment. So good! Pranks are da best! I didn't realize that this is the first time Mei shows up. I thought she showed up earlier. Oh well. She's a fun character too.

survivor

Banned
Barakamon 2

Far more comedic scenes than I anticipated. Some of them were creative and it does help that the anime actually looks good so it helps with the reaction faces, but it did get tiring and hopefully the rest of the series isn't like this. The scenes with the guy that learned to work hard never worked that well. He was introduced too quickly, his resolution wasn't well earned and really I can't say the anime made a good effort of making me care about him.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 2

Good casting choice for Seo, helped her introduction a lot. Anyway, I'm not feeling the anime as much as I anticipated I would. It's still good, but the barrage of reactions and screaming for 20 mins is too much. I suppose that's the problem with adapting 4koma manga into full length shows. Although knowing a lot of the punchlines beforehand doesn't really help that much. Still enjoying it but I feel like the manga was a better way of selling me into the series than the anime so far.

Blusby

Love:
Zankyou no Terror
Akame ga Kill!
Really good:
Nozaki-kun
Barakamon
Good so far:
Sailor Moon
Ao Haru Ride
Free! S2 (I feel liberated)
Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
Sabagebu!
Illya 2wei!
Aldnoah.Zero (well I expected stupidity, so I'm not disappointed!)
Meh:
Tokyo ESP
Disappointed:
Tokyo Ghoul
Watching for laughs:
SAO II
Boring:
Glasslip
Hanayamata

So my PC failure last weekend was due to my HDD failing (as an aside, don't buy Seagate). Got a SSD, and I'm already seeing improvement, even with downloads. Hoping that means streaming will be even smoother for me.

Moral of the story: Get a SSD! Easy to install and immediate benefits. Only downside is storage space for the price (I got 250gigs for $130).

Dude SSD's are amazing. So freakin fast.

RNVWYCj.jpg

The funny thing is.... [Redacted]

If only I could go back to the simple days** where I could spend much of my days playing video games, watching anime and reading forum threads on said topics.

On second thought, no.

** Lets just forget how forum user bases have steadily grown each passing year.

Yeah too many new peps...

Wait.....

duckroll

So my PC failure last weekend was due to my HDD failing (as an aside, don't buy Seagate). Got a SSD, and I'm already seeing improvement, even with downloads. Hoping that means streaming will be even smoother for me.

Moral of the story: Get a SSD! Easy to install and immediate benefits. Only downside is storage space for the price (I got 250gigs for $130).

Everyone getting a new system these days should have a SSD as the OS drive at the very least. It's a total gamechanger. Everything from bootup to general performance is improved substantially. The difference is as visible as getting a brand new high end graphics card as far as I'm concerned.

Avoid SSDs with sandforce controllers. They're known to cause problems.

Quasar

Love:
Barakamon
Nozaki-kun
Sabagebu!
Au Haru Ride

Like:
Akame ga Kill!
Tokyo ESP
Glasslip

Was OK:
Tokyo Ghoul
SAO2
Locodol
Persona 4 Golden
Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?

Yet To Watch (but still want to):
Terror in Resonance

Not very good but still watching (at least for another episode):
Railwars
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Hanayamata
Jinsei

Dropped:
Aldnoah.Zero
Argvollen
Momo Kyun Sword

Still Watching From Last Season:

Mahouka
Baby Steps

cajunator

Banned
You keep trying to say that, I not believe you.

opinions are like bellybuttons Shardy

Everyone getting a new system these days should have a SSD as the OS drive at the very least. It's a total gamechanger. Everything from bootup to general performance is improved substantially. The difference is as visible as getting a brand new high end graphics card as far as I'm concerned.

yeah its pretty much a necessity now. Dont put your OS on a clunky hdd anymore.

I got a Samsung, had a lot of good reviews on Amazon and Newegg.

I fully endorse the Samsung ssd

Vylash

Love:
Barakamon
Sabagebu
Illya
Ao Haru Ride
Persona 4 Golden

Like:
Nozaki-kun
Rail Wars
Ai Mai Mi
Yama No Susume

Boring:
Glasslip

Thank goodness it doesn't air every week or i'd kill myself watching this crap:
Sailor Moon Crystal

mankoto

Space Brothers 33
And with this, I'm one third of the way there. This episode was really satisfying with the moon landing and Hibito's first steps. Now I can't wait to see Mutta take off as well.

Hugstable

Banned
You're good. Samsung make some of the better SSDs.

Yeah I have the 840 Evo and it runs great! It's only a 120 gb so it's pretty small, but it became a much bigger upgrade to my PC than I actually thought it would have been. I need to get a new HDD or SSD, I've filled up my SSD and my 1TB HDD already, think I have like 100gb left total lol.

duckroll

My desktop uses a 840 EVA 120gig too, paired with a new 1TB Western Digital and an older 500gig Hitachi drive from the previous system.

TUSR

Banned
Yep.

http://trigger-global.ecq.sc/lwa-bluray01.html

They also have stuff like the Inferno Cop OST (I don't remember a single song from the 'production').

Indeed
http://trigger-global.ecq.sc/lwa-bluray01.html

Edit:
Beaten again... With the same link at that

Welp, thanks Trigger.

I constantly feel like the internet is trying to get me to do naughty things for honest reasons.

Thank you *sigh*

Don't do it man.

Mokoi

Banned
Wow the blu-ray is also in stock too. It has been quite rare that something I wanted has actually been in stock this past week.

Quasar

Crunchyroll happily takes my money, but then does this thing where they choose what content I am interested in to coincidentally stream.

Well yeah. I give them money too. They seem to be an exception, where I don't need to use underhanded (breaking terms of service) methods to give them money just because I don't live in the US.

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 34

When I saw the title, I thought it was gonna be a bad episode full of the perverted old man, but actually he was barely in it and the episode was actually pretty damn funny, with Ranma trying to get into the girls' locker room for the magic spring and Akane as well as Ryoga, who was the one trying to find it in the first place, going intense lengths to stop him.

Favorite part was when Ranma just strolled into the room as a dude and just started smacking the shit out of P-chan, then realizing that he dun fucked up.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Well yeah. I give them money too. They seem to be an exception, where I don't need to use underhanded (breaking terms of service) methods to give them money just because I don't live in the US.

Luckily for me, when I am looking for this one show, Funimation shows up, ready to take my money as well. And Netflix is all like, "What do you mean we forgot about 13 sentence translations in our Madoka stream, who cares what they are saying?"

mankoto

Momo Kyun Sword 2
It's so stupid, I can feel my brain cells melting away...

Is it me, or are the panning shots really bad? Or an I just now noticing the feel of 24fps?

Ryuuroden

Yeah, Super Star Destroyers are way better than the regular ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom