• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Tonari no Seki-kun 15

K1kM33Ql.png

Never leave us again, Yokoi. Other girl narrating was terrible.

Link Man

Banned
Sabagebu 1-2

Wow, this is...extreme.

Reminded a little of Engaged to the Unidentified with the second episode.

Too lewd.

Not entirely sure if I'll stick with this, but I'll give it another episode at least.

Midonin

Francesca 01-02

The show was clearly animated on the cheap, as its CG/Flash style shows through at a few points. The title character hasn't really featured that much so far. It's been more about the adventures of Exorcist, the talking statue of William S. Clark, and the zombie Shinsengumi. Seeing them again in a cheap style faintly recalls Dai Shogun, but this is a little more subdued in its ridiculousness. It looks like simulcast announcement season is over for now (though Funi needs to get to putting up Jinsei and Barakamon already), so now I've checked out everything I wanted to watch, mostly.

jgminto

Hunter x Hunter 138

Fucking, god damn! Killua's sibling's ability is so damn creepy. I feel like this story arc isn't going to a happy place. It already seems pretty sad that Alluka has to live with the ability.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mood whiplash? Its been a while, but it seemed all quite pleasant banter with liberal dose of teasing the boy throughout. Plus Mori twirling.
I don't really remember anything happening either. If anything, it's only the OVA that gets a little dramatic.

Mood whiplash? Its been a while, but it seemed all quite pleasant banter with liberal dose of teasing the boy throughout. Plus Mori twirling.

Mori-san twirling puts my heart at ease. And it never fails to make me happy how she's like, usually doing something, then you can see on her face it's like "Oh yeah, almost forgot," then she twirls for him.

Quasar

I don't really remember anything happening either. If anything, it's only the OVA that gets a little dramatic.

Even that didn't feel off to me. That kind of post graduation emotionality felt pretty fine to me. And that's a thing that rarely is ever touched on with high school shows. The emotions that come from being separated now that you aren't in school together.

Dog Days' 07

KaSbUNUl.jpg

I like how random the fight was. Fight random monsters and then suddenly loli'd the girls and then even more bishounen the guys cause why the hell not.

Re:Hamatora 02

Well I can maybe guess what is Art's big plan or something. The new powers they showed off were pretty cool though.

Sabagebu! 02

I will admit, the natto torture segment was pretty amusing.

Teekyuu - Best Selection OP & ED

Where's the next season

Gochuumon 12
A very cute finale with career reports and illnesses. Despite the talk of smells, it didn't get that weird. Rize's bunnies were cute and Sharo was adorably tsundere, like she always is. Chiyo is weird but likeable. Chino especially in the last scene is very cute especially in the last couple episodes as well. Tippy was really no more than a side attraction, setting up a few punchlines and despite the show acting like he is important, he never is.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Still haven't really decided whether I should end up watching past that or not. Is it recommended?
It's not like it falls apart or anything. It just doesn't hit quite the same lofty highs. It remains rather funny for a long run, although OP6 is about when the show truly starts to lose steam.

Hattori

Banned
Duckroll's Journal. July 14th, 2014:

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This community is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and lewdness will foam up about their waists and all the deviant posters will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like me, or Jexhius. Decent men, who believed in a SFW future. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and mofu-ists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice.

Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden, nobody can think of anything to say.

Duckroll's Journal. July 14th, 2014:

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This community is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and lewdness will foam up about their waists and all the deviant posters will look up and shout "Save us!"...

...and I'll look down, and whisper "no."

They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like me, or Jexhius. Decent men, who believed in a SFW future. Instead they followed the droppings of lechers and mofu-ists and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice.

Now the whole world stands on the brink, staring down into bloody hell, all those liberals and intellectuals and smooth-talkers... and all of a sudden, nobody can think of anything to say.

Bravo.

So where do I go if I want to see some Extollere art? I'm curious now in seeing how it looks as long as it isn't too lewd

And this minus the second sentence because I don't care.

Mokoi

Banned
Gochuumon 12
A very cute finale with career reports and illnesses. Despite the talk of smells, it didn't get that weird. Rize's bunnies were cute and Sharo was adorably tsundere, like she always is. Chiyo is weird but likeable. Chino especially in the last scene is very cute especially in the last couple episodes as well. Tippy was really no more than a side attraction, setting up a few punchlines and despite the show acting like he is important, he never is.

That was my biggest problem with the show. I'm not familiar with the mango, but I expected them to give more background on his character. Also actually give Tippy a more important role not just a mascot character. Overall though I really liked it.

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure 08-09

iUiHHOMa8SzEE.gif
iboxWzEtyHLOMJ.gif

Oh man, Megumi and Hime getting owned in 2 separate episodes and needing to be bailed out by 2 separate Precures was amazing. Cure Honey seems to be an idol type and she sang a song about rice which instantly makes her better than Makopi (which isn't saying much). Looks like she officially joins next episode, sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom