• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
NieA_7 - Ep 1-2

By a stroke of luck today I stumbled across a gem by the name of NieA_7.

Still need to get around to watching the Japanese track on my DVDs. So glad I managed to pick up all four volumes last year before the prices went too high with third-party sellers. Luckily got all but volume three on Right Stuf for about $8 a disc.

Momo Kyun Sword 1-2
They are really shameless about the fanservice in this show. Several scenes of the girls getting stripped, usually by their clothes getting ripped, a character that serves the bondage trope, the demon girl rival wearing barely an outfit, all tied together by a generic battle shounen plot. If there was a counter for how many boob and butt shots, I'd imagine it get close to a hundred per episode. I guess that shamelessness does make it better than Rail Wars though

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Momo Kyun Sword 1-2
They are really shameless about the fanservice in this show. Several scenes of the girls getting stripped, usually by their clothes getting ripped, a character that serves the bondage trope, the demon girl rival wearing barely an outfit, all tied together by a generic battle shounen plot. If there was a counter for how many boob and butt shots, I'd imagine it get close to a hundred per episode. I guess that shamelessness does make it better than Rail Wars though

This is not even taking into account the yuri.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have no idea. I just know the book series is substantial and the show was one season that ended with a setup/promise of a S2 that never happened.
Ah, well, I figure the anime was mostly promo anyway. lol

I don't really remember that, but if he said it, it's not something he actually believes and is just an excuse he used with Hiyori or something.
Well, he still could make a move on a number of women but never does. :p

I saw a bit of the first one and bailed out.

I heard of the second and third ones, but I haven't looked much into them yet.

Halfway through GJ episode 1 right now. It's pretty cute and relaxing so far.

I watched one episode of that and bailed out.

According to most people here, I made the right decision.
Seitokai Yakuindomo is great though!

Vylash

Seitokai Yakuindomo is great though!

jbod2tnXMjGcBO.jpg

it's pretty much the best thing

Jarmel

Banned
Feel like I should mention that the international release for LWA has some minor banding issues. This is due to Trigger slicing the bitrate in half (for no solid reason). People should probably get on them for that, to prevent an issue with LWA2.

The best source is the one they sold initially at that convention long ago. Pretty much nobody can get that version legally now. As to the sources used to stream, I haven't compared but I'm guessing the bitrate is still going to be a problem.

In short, the international release isn't the best version out there but it's the best version you can buy.

docbon

I'm not usually fond of these high school girl animus, and I don't know if I'll continue this series to its conclusion-- but for the moment, I think Sabagebu! is hilarious. The natto commercial in particular fucking killed me.

Momoka's vengeful nature owns.

Quasar

Finally got to see the Tamayura: More Aggressive OVA that I'd been waiting ages for. Don't quite know what it is about this show, it just works in a way for me that other shows of this type (like Aria for one) just don't. And this just reminded me what I was missing. I guess I just really like the way the show handles time and memories, and just at this stage the characters just feel so comfortable. I could watch it forever I feel. Maybe it is a sense of regret I never had a bunch of friends that went travelling and sightseeing like Potte has.

As for this one in particular, I was moved. And really did not expect to see Norie so emotional. Thats the kind of thing I expect out of others.

Feel like I should mention that the international release for LWA has some minor banding issues. This is due to Trigger slicing the bitrate in half (for no solid reason). People should probably get on them for that, to prevent an issue with LWA2.

The best source is the one they sold initially at that convention long ago. Pretty much nobody can get that version legally now. As to the sources used to stream, I haven't compared but I'm guessing the bitrate is still going to be a problem.

In short, the international release isn't the best version out there but it's the best version you can buy.
Wow.

Oalzqxd.gif

jman2050

Negima is shit and Ken Akamatsu is a hack

Agreed

Wait didnt you already make this post?

Harem anime should be more heartfelt. I'd be okay with a guy's circle of friends consisting nothing of women if they were actual characters rather than "waifu war" material. They don't have to be overly angsty or dramatic. Just make them calming and peaceful.

There should be a "Healing Harem" anime.

GJ-Bu says hi.

cajunator

Banned
NieA_7 - Ep 1-2

By a stroke of luck today I stumbled across a gem by the name of NieA_7.

From ANN:

In the 21st century, aliens have arrived on Earth and live among humans. In sleepy Enohana, the dirt-poor student Chigasaki Mayuko finds herself living together with NieA, a low-caste ("Under Seven") alien. While Mayuko struggles diligently to make ends meet, NieA seems to be totally unconcerned with the consequences of her actions. As the odd couple throws off the expected sparks, the wrecked alien mothership looms in the background...

Two episodes in and I'm enjoying what I see. It reminds me a bit of Genshiken, minus the Otaku-ness, add in a little sic-fi and aliens. Slice of life through and through.

NieA_7_000.png

NieA_7_001.png

NieA_7_002.png

NieA_7_003.png

Edit:

The lack of CGI busses, the olden days of early 2000's animation (2000 in this case).

NieA_7_004.png

pleasant surprise seeing somebody watching this!

This show is my white whale. Always wanted to watch it, but never got around to it.

Yoshitoshi Abe is one of my all-time favorite designers.

Worthy of your time. A cute light comedy/slice of life.

I'm not usually fond of these high school girl animus, and I don't know if I'll continue this series to its conclusion-- but for the moment, I think Sabagebu! is hilarious. The natto commercial in particular fucking killed me.

Momoka's vengeful nature owns.

I'm more amazed that it's shoujo and I'm enjoying it. Only other one of those I like is a horror series.

cajunator

Banned
yo what is going on here, did I miss something?

just the usual

And I say hello back.

GJ-Bu - 1

Oh look everybody! There's one regular average guy surrounded by 4 girls and the show has a calm, peaceful, quiet atmosphere and is keeping things nice and friendly!

I'm gonna like this.

I don't know who you are.

one of the best artists youll ever meet for one thing.

I love each and every one of you.

Dude you are awesome as fuck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Seitokai Yakuindomo is definitely great. Its made me laugh like so many times, just stupid fun.
Yep!

"OMG those are UNDERAGE CHILDREN making sexually explicit jokes"
"you deviants are literally worse than criminals"
"If this is where anime is going I want to get off"
"Do any of you interact with real people"
"Anime is saved".

And I say hello back.

GJ-Bu - 1

Oh look everybody! There's one regular average guy surrounded by 4 girls and the show has a calm, peaceful, quiet atmosphere and is keeping things nice and friendly!

I'm gonna like this.

I hope you're not being sarcastic. I really did like GJ-bu. My normal anime discussion group didn't like it much.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah I have the 840 Evo and it runs great! It's only a 120 gb so it's pretty small, but it became a much bigger upgrade to my PC than I actually thought it would have been. I need to get a new HDD or SSD, I've filled up my SSD and my 1TB HDD already, think I have like 100gb left total lol.

ive got a 256 gb one. They are still pricey but worth every cent. Its gonna be amazing when hdds can be entirely replaced. For now my os and commonly accessed programs are on it with the hdd setup mainly to hold files and storage.

You have yet to make any real veracity towards your claim.

Chaika, NGNL, Gochiusa alone back up my claim. All were excellent.
There were more also. It was a fun season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom