• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I made it about ten hours into XEnoblade. It was my first and so far only RPG.

Woah/

I disagree. They are time consuming and confusing. Huge barrier to entry.

Indeed so but Im not playing the game hehee

That, i have to agree (i love RPG to death though), i have hard time recommending RPG to say, FPS or action game. RPG require commitment, it's like girlfriend that nag you all the time, but you still love her!

I've still not opened that game up yet. It's going to fall into my list of never getting played.

Hehe, I stopped playing after (huge spoiler that I believe everyone should know already)
saving Nanako
. I got tired off all that yellow. Just looked up how the game ended online instead.

Shame, you're close to finish line :(

I've been stuck in her dungeon for the last 8 months. It seems that's the point where it starts to be too much. I just watched the anime to see how it ends. (Bad move)

Well, you've got to see swagalicious Yu, so that's okay

Man you guys are weak willed, Persona 4 vanilla is easy. And Persona 4 golden is even more incredibily easy. Now Persona 3 is a bitch and so is Shin Megami Tensei.

It's not so much difficulty as it is repeating the motions. I got my fill of the combat system and the story wasn't interesting enough to keep going. I've also played my fair share of grindy games back when I was younger. I don't got time for dat stuff these days. (Also add SMTIV to my forever backlog, halfway through, did not finish)

Syrinx

I disagree. They are time consuming and confusing. Huge barrier to entry.

Indeed so but Im not playing the game hehee

Most are time-consuming but there is a big range of depth and complexity in RPGs. Some really aren't confusing or hard to get into at all.

cajunator

Banned
Woah/

That, i have to agree (i love RPG to death though), i have hard time recommending RPG to say, FPS or action game. RPG require commitment, it's like girlfriend that nag you all the time, but you still love her!

Shame, it so close to finish.

closest sort of game that I play to an RPG is Zelda. I will commit to the 20-30 hours it takes to beat one of those.

Narag

Layzner 5

E27p4OEl.png

MrhSTHLl.png

cXOYmmel.png

holy shit this guy.

Really enjoying the deliberate pace of this so far. Five of the thirty-seven eps are gone and they're still making their escape from the first base everything went down at. Drives home the isolation on Mars, especially for Eiji who's still vilified by both sides, a traitor to his people and still having been unable to win the trust of the Earth group.

Ending was a huge kick in the huts too. sogood

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sabagebu 2

it's interesting how incredibly unfunny natto-related humor is in every anime that has it, why do they still try

fertygo

Free! - eternal summers - 03

This actually pretty.. fun??
The new Samekazuka's team dynamic really adding a lot, its really crazy to think how much better Rin as character after he passing his emo state on S1..
Tokyo Ghoul anime worked well to get the manga to sell for oricon over the past week. Could continue to keep charting like Haikyuu. Hope it continues and they pursue more anime someday.

30 ** *,*24,120 *,379,012 *79 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 1)
32 ** *,*23,624 *,346,192 *73 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.2 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 2)
36 ** *,*22,204 *,328,676 *72 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.3 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 3)
38 ** *,*20,760 *,323,187 *72 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 4)
42 ** *,*19,719 *,329,567 *73 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.5 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 5)
46 ** *,*18,890 *,320,511 *65 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.6 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 6)

44 ** *,*19,349 *,335,551 *13 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.11 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 11)
19 ** *,*35,202 *,297,165 **4 * Tokyo Ghoul Vol.12 (東京喰種トーキョーグール 12)
Wooo, good news.

CorvoSol

Man you guys are weak willed, Persona 4 vanilla is easy. And Persona 4 golden is even more incredibily easy. Now Persona 3 is a bitch and so is Shin Megami Tensei.

6c0.png

This guy.

Some people like to enjoy video games instead of jerking off to how much better they are than other people.

mankoto

Illya 2wei! Ep. 2: Those of weak will should not watch this.
A friend of mine actually sent me a scene that contained was very yuri intensive. I don't know when that was, but if the series itself is like that, I'll just look at it whenever I finish Sakura Trick.

cajunator

Banned
A friend of mine just sent me this
.webm and I'm not sure if it's from this episode or not,but... Oh my... I was actually going to start the series today, but I guess I'll wrap up Sakura Trick first if it's going to be that intensive.

Careful...

Sailor Stars 175

Minako gets all these ridiculous expressions in this one, often single frame blink and you'll miss it stuff. Best girl always brings the best eps.

Bestest girl. Bestest faces.

The hardest part about Nocturne is getting skills you actually want fused onto your demons -_-. My thumbs nearly died from it haha. Fusing a good Daisoujou was the worst

That's so true. But how about Matador because screw him. That piece of shit made me almost rage quit the game. The hassle.

BluWacky

Sailor Stars 175

Minako gets all these ridiculous expressions in this one, often single frame blink and you'll miss it stuff. Best girl always brings the best eps.

I know he didn't direct this episode, but those shots are SO Takuya Igarashi it's amazing.

Although that first screen cap you've posted looks like someone's put Minako in an unholy blend of Slayers and Toei's Kanon adaptation :p

Hugstable

Banned
That's so true. But how about Matador because screw him. That piece of shit made me almost rage quit the game. The hassle.

Yeah that first time you get to him Matador can be a real wall.
Then you find out you can bring Nozuchi and I think Sudama null wind also and just kill his turns off. Plus Uzume heals you up. All easy to get around that point and make the battle super easy.
It's that true end boss that's a real hassle and bringer of despair.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1:

Another season, another Stupid Jetpack Nobunaga scenario. Seriously, I think the bigger shock would be if we got Historically Accurate Nobunaga at this point. Anyway, didn't last long with this one since I got hit with a huge case of the uncanny valley here.

Narag

I know he didn't direct this episode, but those shots are SO Takuya Igarashi it's amazing.

Although that first screen cap you've posted looks like someone's put Minako in an unholy blend of Slayers and Toei's Kanon adaptation :p

I just assumed it was going to be a running gag with her in this show. The previous ep that didn't feature her still had a bunch of funny shots:

and the ep before that:

I used to have a really bad sleep schedule when I had summers with nothing going on. But with an internship I don't have that luxury. I miss being able to wake up whenever.

Vylash

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 02

ibeAObQtsnC0FA.gif
ibjyimeV8eVNbr.gif

Good god, Kuro Illya is lewd as hell, also that was a pretty great battle.

Rainbow 17-19
This anime does feel good moments really well.

Poor Joe. Constantly exploited and beaten. I'm surprised he still looks that good after all the punches to the face he has taken. I guess it is hard being beautiful after all.

TUSR

Banned
This isn't SAO2 life doesn't go my way when I stay all day watching anime/playing games.

if you get good enough at games the government will hire you for 3

I love sitting and doing absolutely nothing for like 5 days. Its nice.
Gets old though doing that every two weeks..

i took the whole beginning of the year off until late may because i was sick of doing shit

can anyone spare me a CR pass?

yes, check PMs in a sec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom