• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
if you get good enough at games the government will hire you for 3

i took the whole beginning of the year off until late may because i was sick of doing shit

yes, check PMs in a sec

Every other week I have a whole week Tuesday to Tuesday to basically live like a NEET if I wanted to.

santeesioux

Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1:

Another season, another Stupid Jetpack Nobunaga scenario. Seriously, I think the bigger shock would be if we got Historically Accurate Nobunaga at this point. Anyway, didn't last long with this one since I got hit with a huge case of the uncanny valley here.

I would watch an historically accurate Sengoku show that didn't have the usual anime tropes in it.

Or fix/upgrade my computer!

But no, walking is still an ordeal. Doesn't help that my room is upstairs.

The worst was when I had surgery on my foot when I was 16 and my room was upstairs.

It was a good thing I was still all drugged up from the morphine when I got home. Otherwise I don't think I would have made it upstairs. So I know how it is. Hope you get better soon.

Just caught up and what is this?

I...I think I'll step out for a while.

That's basically what I did.

jgminto

Free! Eternal Summer 3

Rei is such an adorable dork. This ep is definitely one of the best of the entire show. It totally captured the essence of the light hearted fun from the previous season before the dumb drama set it. I just hope it'll keep going like this.

Chariot

I am so short, SO short of dropping Illya before watching episode 2. Please tell me that this eoisde has more than lewd Archer Illya.

Jinsei 2
Cute but kind of lacking in substance. The drill girl bit was funny, but not really much else. They are also really driving the main guy and the science girl together

Chariot

You knew what you were getting into here from Illya S1 right?
Not as much, really. I read the manga. And while there definitly something lewd, it wasn't this amount.
The kiss of the century is merely a prelude to a battle of magical girls that takes up almost the entire episode.

It also has Rin in a maid outfit.
I don't like Rin. Don't tell the fate fans tho, people always wanna kill me when I say that.

But if the main focus is a cool fight, I give it at least a shot.

Jarmel

Banned
Man you guys are weak willed, Persona 4 vanilla is easy. And Persona 4 golden is even more incredibily easy. Now Persona 3 is a bitch and so is Shin Megami Tensei.

6c0.png

This guy.

He wasn't even that bad. People hyped the fuck out of him and he's so fucking easy. Loki was a god damn nightmare.

BluWacky

Dramatical Murder 1

Hmmm.

It would be very reductive to call this "gay SAO" - simply because it involves an online game at which our protagonist is preternaturally talented and he's surrounded by a harem. It's more a traditional wish fulfilment type show - ZOMG he's the chosen one!!!! - that happens to eventually involve boinking bishounen, I suppose. I'm guessing the dog that turns into a bishounen in the cyber world gets in on the action somehow too?

The main character's design is bafflingly ugly; with his giant bomber jacket and ridiculous leg warmers he looks like something out of a nightmarish vision of the future, like Back To The Future 2 gone wrong. Of course, the show goes to great lengths to tell us he has a sexy voice (really?) which I suppose is enough for fujoshi reared on drama CDs. Then again, none of the character designs are particularly good except for the mysterious Shiva-esque woman, which surely defeats the object of a BL visual novel.

The music is standard low-budget VN adaptation fare; production values are mostly poor except for the "Rhyme" game sequence at the end which is surprisingly dynamic (if overly reliant on rotating CG backgrounds).

I wouldn't say it's a particularly good show, obviously, but it could have been a lot worse.

cajunator

Banned
Its your own fault for having a job.

Yeah im pretty jealous, I was just riding my bank account for a bit. A bit being half a year.

by the end of the year Ill be in a house with my brother though.
Were gonna split the payments so Im not sure how much Ill be able to keep spending on cute stuff. Hopefully it doesnt cut too much into it.

I am so short, SO short of dropping Illya before watching episode 2. Please tell me that this eoisde has more than lewd Archer Illya.
Lewd in 2 is so off the charts duckroll's banhammer would be on fire after he hits you with it if you were to post the scene. I mean that kiss is off the charts yo.

TUSR

Banned
by the end of the year Ill be in a house with my brother though.
Were gonna split the payments so Im not sure how much Ill be able to keep spending on cute stuff. Hopefully it doesnt cut too much into it.

I don't exactly remember where you said you lived in that oil thread or whatever, but are houses not cheap in your area?

Man you guys are weak willed, Persona 4 vanilla is easy. And Persona 4 golden is even more incredibily easy. Now Persona 3 is a bitch and so is Shin Megami Tensei.

6c0.png

This guy.

maxresdefault.jpg

;____;

This fight took me near two hours. My party kept getting wrecked by the vicious spamming of Moonless Gown and Night Queen.

Still was one of the best boss fights in memory due to the music and how long it took. Felt real good at the end.

Persona 3 was too grim dark for me. I hope P5 keeps a bit of the slice of life non-dark colors theme. I mean it's red so I already have hopes the main character won't have a fallout boy haircut.

Midonin

I apparently misunderstood what the Ilya anime was all this time, since I blocked it out. Guess I'll be checking it out.

At heart, Illya is the same thing Nanoha was. A magical girl spinoff of a popular VN series that eventually took on a life of its own. The only difference is most people barely remember Nanoha's origin in Triangle Heart anymore.

Samurai Jam- Bakumatsu Rock Episode 3

Cut me and Kick me Soji-kun, please. The fans have the best lines and I like the touch of having a varied audience for them instead of all females etc. Best comments come from the fans which I too would be their for Soji, hes the best singer in the whole anime as well as best looks and scenes. I wish the camera gave him better shots with all the bells and whistles but still just the way they have him look at us while singing and posing is enough. Heaven's song is great.

The song is pretty catchy too.

cajunator

Banned
Lewd in 2 is so off the charts duckroll's banhammer would be on fire after he hits you with it if you were to post the scene. I mean that kiss is off the charts yo.

Err. somebody did post the scene on the last page.

I don't exactly remember where you said you lived in that oil thread or whatever, but are houses not cheap in your area?

Houses here arent that cheap no. Its a relatively desirable city to live in. Plus I want to set aside some money so we can get gigabit internet in the house. I wanna see what its like.

TUSR

Banned
Houses here arent that cheap no. Its a relatively desirable city to live in. Plus I want to set aside some money so we can get gigabit internet in the house. I wanna see what its like.

Well thats a bummer, I live in one of the most expensive places in Canada. Surrounded by lakes, forests, 100F weather in the summer, ski hills, etc etc. 400K would buy me a piece of dirt and a bungalow.

I fucking wish Houston had a 1GB internet option. I would drop Comcast so fucking fast. Fuck those guys and their make-shift monopoly of fucking over the customer until something better appears.

Err. somebody did post the scene on the last page.

I guess to be fair kissing in and of itself is not a lewd action. But kissing that deeply? Ehhh, a ban wouldn't surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom