• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainbow 20
JMpsL48.png
An episode dedicated to the most uninteresting character of the group and it did him no favours. He still comes of as the dopey, loveable, big guy with not much personality. I was hoping we'd get some back story as to how he ended up in the disciplinary school but sadly that did not happen.

cajunator

Banned
Well thats a bummer, I live in one of the most expensive places in Canada. Surrounded by lakes, forests, 100F weather in the summer, ski hills, etc etc. 400K would buy me a piece of dirt and a bungalow.

Its still affordable compared to that. 400k will net a nice home. But this area is in a economic boom and the beginning of an oil and gas and tech boom as well. Its about to get expensive.

I fucking wish Houston had a 1GB internet option. I would drop Comcast so fucking fast. Fuck those guys and their make-shift monopoly of fucking over the customer until something better appears.

Hehee. I never have to worry about comcast. Or any shitty ISP ever again so long as I stay within city limits.

People who've seen Silver Spoon does it have good comedy for a Slice of life. Because I've been wanting to watch it, so is it worth the watch.

It's not meant to be hilarious. It's just very well written and charming and informative. You'll see characters grow and side characters having a spotlight and an actual personality instead of just being a trope in character form.

One of my favorite mangas due to quality alone.

And DTL is just mad there aren't boys rubbing their bodies against each other as they milk the cows.

Dramatical Murder 1

The main character's design is bafflingly ugly; with his giant bomber jacket and ridiculous leg warmers he looks like something out of a nightmarish vision of the future, like Back To The Future 2 gone wrong. Of course, the show goes to great lengths to tell us he has a sexy voice (really?) which I suppose is enough for fujoshi reared on drama CDs. Then again, none of the character designs are particularly good except for the mysterious Shiva-esque woman, which surely defeats the object of a BL visual novel.

What? Aoba is really cute and his outfit is really cool, I love that jacket of his and the colour scheme with it as well as the shows and the other portion above them. Only issues I have with his outfit are the sock colour which really only affects the room scenes as its really distracting. I would have chose a different one instead of highlighting the one in his outfit which has the least presence around it. Blue is such a good one instead of the yellowish green, yuck.

He has a nice laugh too.

Mature

It's a spooky skeleton in a matador outfit not exactly like groundbreaking design lol
Oh! You're right— I hate it.

I've always enjoyed the sort of Día de los Muertos flavored designs that juxtapose colorful and bright designs with skulls and skeletons; that of which are kind of lost and relegated to bad tattoos. It's also probably why I'm into Admiral Perry.

/XX/

Regarding the touhou character depicted I knew who THAT was but I was talking about the original character (Reset) who I later found out thanks to someone pointing out the source. Im not a fan of Rance games but I liked that character design and in particular that gif when I first found it years ago, but I literally didnt know it was from Rance nor did I realize that was Reset for whatever reason. Im pretty well versed in the cuties of touhou though and can recognize the vast majority of them in fanart.
My bad, my bad... I knew I shouldn't have doubted you on this matters, comrade. :)

Minako gets all these ridiculous expressions in this one, often single frame blink and you'll miss it stuff. Best girl always brings the best eps.
Ikuko Itō is the queen of that stuff, and the best thing is 'Master of the Freeze-Frame' crobdan already makes for you the screenshot selection (http://crobdan.tumblr.com/tagged/Ikuko-Ito).

Persona 3 was too grim dark for me. I hope P5 keeps a bit of the slice of life non-dark colors theme. I mean it's red so I already have hopes the main character won't have a fallout boy haircut.

I really don't want Persona 5 to have too much slice of life like Persona 4. Like too bright and colorful, though Persona 4 did have its dark themes. It felt like scooby doo adventures. I want Persona 5 to be a bit grim dark. Oh yeah your selling yourself short red doesn't always symbolize on what your thinking. And those chains from the trailer tells me P5 is gonna be darker than P4.

Oh yeah Persona 3 MC Makoto is the best in the whole Persona series.

I really don't want to watch a magic girl anime but god damn those .gifs make me want to watch all the pretty scenes.

If you want to watch a fun magical girl show, you should watch Nanoha.

Not only is it cute, it and especially its second season actually have a half-decent plot. Both seasons are also not very long so its very easy to get through.
Not counting StrikerS

The sci-fi and mecha-ish elements the show has also make it fun to watch as well.

/XX/

Fate/kalied 2wei 2
Forgot how lewd that kiss was. The fight scenes were really good though.
Starting think Wednesday might be the lewdest day of the week

Chariot

Funniest thing is one has been posted already on this thread, but not many have noticed... ;-)
I've seen that. I believe that one on Twitter is even worse. Or better. Whatever floats your boat.

edit: Oh no, its the same. The sound made the difference.

Mature

man then that Book of Life movie is like specifically tailored for you.

So is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2GOsOnaseI
Yep! That Book of Life film has a pretty cool style. Though the character designs do border on samey when they're not all bones. I don't know why western CG films have to looks so incredibly similar. It really makes studios who do anything remotely different look way more interesting; the stop-motion studio Laika for instance.

Barakamon - 01

The word that appeared on my mind while watching this was competence. Competent series composition, direction, competent animation, character design and backgrounds. Very nice episode.

Though I'm still not sure if the writing and characters will be at the same level in the long run, over the course of the entire series.

Yep! That Book of Life film has a pretty cool style. Though the character designs do border on samey when they're not all bones. I don't know why western CG films have to looks so incredibly similar. It really makes studios who do anything remotely different look way more interesting; the stop-motion studio Laika for instance.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Laika so fucking good.

No joke bro. No joke. Coraline and ParaNorman could've been about a guy taking a shit and the animation alone would've made it worth it. I would genuinely watch a movie about behind the scenes of how they work so much.

Maybe I'm an effort geek/pervert but when I see the trailers for their movies about all the effort they put into making their movies I shudder in delight.

Box trolls looks amazing cannot fucking wait. Let me go ahead and take this chance to promote Coraline and ParaNorman. If you haven't seen either watch them. Coraline gets genuinely creepy and ParaNorman is a very good film. Both go to places I didn't expect children films to go.

Andrew J.

Prisma Illya -02

This episode brought the action, in every sense of the word. Sweet mother of :sdburton!

Gag of the week: The transition from enthusiastic-about-Rin's-plan Illya to tied-up-bait Illya.

Barakamon - 01

The word that appeared on my mind while watching this was competence. Competent series composition, direction, competent animation, character design and backgrounds. Very nice episode.

Though I'm still not sure if the writing and characters will be at the same level in the long run, over the course of the entire series.

The thing is people who've read the manga say the source material is strong. So it really depends on how well the studio does justice towards the material.

OceanBlue

All of these reactions... I don't even know what I'm expecting from this episode any more lol. Also I can't tell if this many people are watching Prisma Illya or if they're just finding the GIF on other places or something.

I guess I should watch the episode immediately when I get home from work. I was planning on watching some fighting game streams, but now curiosity is killing me.

Eureka Seven - 17

Foreshadowing and making repairs to the ship by getting drunk to attract flying fish.

How long before something amazing happen in this show again? I want to see a rematch against the theEND mech!

Mokoi

Banned
They all deserve representation. I still need to obtain Saber Lily and Nero Saber avatars.

What about Saber lion?

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei! Episode 02

http://i.minus.com/ibeAObQtsnC0FA.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibjyimeV8eVNbr.gif

Good god, Kuro Illya is lewd as hell, also that was a pretty great battle.

Hmm animation wise this show looks great. However, content wise is a big ehhhhh!

Rainbow 17-19

This anime does feel good moments really well.

It really does. It's been a while since I seen it, but I really liked this show.

Nobunaga Concerto Episode 1 - Saburou Nobunaga

That was a pretty funny first episode, between Nobunaga's constant, "huh whos that" lines and the characters shock at him not knowing, along with his voice actors voice, and the general personality and go getter type attitude, it was really one of the better first episodes of the season.

Good ed.

Chariot

people that watch ilya should be put on a watch list
Ara ara, am I on your watch list, senpai?

Eureka Seven - 17

Foreshadowing and making repairs to the ship by getting drunk to attract flying fish.

How long before something amazing happen in this show again? I want to see a rematch against the theEND mech!
TheEdmnd has a cool theme track.
we are headed to a dark place, yesterday was harems and now today is...
And all began with the repression of the lewd.
*draws hat for Theonik*

jgminto

Dramatical Murder 1

Hmmm.

It would be very reductive to call this "gay SAO" - simply because it involves an online game at which our protagonist is preternaturally talented and he's surrounded by a harem. It's more a traditional wish fulfilment type show - ZOMG he's the chosen one!!!! - that happens to eventually involve boinking bishounen, I suppose. I'm guessing the dog that turns into a bishounen in the cyber world gets in on the action somehow too?

The main character's design is bafflingly ugly; with his giant bomber jacket and ridiculous leg warmers he looks like something out of a nightmarish vision of the future, like Back To The Future 2 gone wrong. Of course, the show goes to great lengths to tell us he has a sexy voice (really?) which I suppose is enough for fujoshi reared on drama CDs. Then again, none of the character designs are particularly good except for the mysterious Shiva-esque woman, which surely defeats the object of a BL visual novel.

The music is standard low-budget VN adaptation fare; production values are mostly poor except for the "Rhyme" game sequence at the end which is surprisingly dynamic (if overly reliant on rotating CG backgrounds).

I wouldn't say it's a particularly good show, obviously, but it could have been a lot worse.

DRAMAtical Murder isn't about Rhyme, it obviously has some relevance to the plot but it isn't the focus. You can expect 0 to 2 more Rhyme games throughout the entire show depending on the route. The bit about his voice is important to the plot as well, I don't want to get into spoilers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom