• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrinx

Ranma 1/2 37

Is the joke that Ranma got sick from eating the cookies Akane made for him? Cause it would make a lot more sense if he got sick from eating all those pictures Kodachi (who was finally at the forefront again) was blackmailing him with.

CorvoSol

Eureka Seven - 17

Foreshadowing and making repairs to the ship by getting drunk to attract flying fish.

How long before something amazing happen in this show again? I want to see a rematch against the theEND mech!

This arc is intentionally slow so that when things get awesome after it you've had a breather.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Free 3
SLxpOpul.jpg

Gotta keep the waifus husbandos pure after all.

Yeah, watching another episode of this show, it really does feel like an all girl show simply genderswapped. I mean, the dude even bakes cookies for his sempai. lol

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure Episode 11

iBEzuKJnaGyyZ.gif
ifKV9GoQmZPmw.gif

Oh my god Honey is the absolute best

"I don't like things that take effort, that includes listening to your song, so it doesn't work on me!" Precure logic is just the weirdest thing.

And Cure March at the beginning was such a punch in the gut, ugh I miss Smile so much

Too bad this is yuri, I'd be interested in watching otherwise.

It's not Yuri

Link Man

Banned
Clannad 16

Thanks to Nozaki-kun, I now know that artists have their preferred face shapes. Could be why Mei reminds me a bit of Fuko.

Oh god, this prank is so out of control. I love it!

Akio is still great. And a little worrisome.

I swear, Kyou is just a bit too genre-savvy.

Great reaction shot:
iNNsqSyLNHPyq.jpg

And now Sunohara has a weiner up his nose.

We are now firmly in harem territory. Please check your brains at the door.

Well, Ryou just pulled off a perfect Fluttershy.

Oh my, Sunohara's reactions this episode are too much.

God, I hate sports drama.

Mei's leaving already? :(

Oh, but she promised to come back. Probably for sweeps week (is that a thing in Japan?).

mankoto

Love Stage!! 2

Well I certainly didn't expect the main love interest to be
a total asshole.
I honestly found that scene kinda funny. In a way you can say he lost 10 years of life and he was just venting his new found frustrations. I'm not gonna lie, I'd be pretty miffed too. And I'm a pretty calm and happy go lucky guy.

This arc is intentionally slow so that when things get awesome after it you've had a breather.

The show is at least alluding to something big over the horizon. With all the military scheming and dream sequences all happening in the background. So at least there it still has my curiosity for just what exactly is going on. If it's going this slow I hope whatever happens is pretty dang big.

I'm just waiting for this mecha show's first big titular BOOM moment that gets you hooked and wondering what exactly it will be. Every great mecha anime has one.

In Gurren Lagann it was
Kamina's death
In GaoGaiGar FINAL it was
the fight between Mamoru and Guy.
In Code Geass it was
Euphinator

And so on and so forth.

mankoto

Free S2 2
I'd call this new Sousuke guy is pretty cool, but that's only with Rin apparently. That stare down between him and Haruka was pretty intense.

Love Stage! Episode 2
Bss-zjPCIAA3Vd7.png

Kind of wish we got to a bit more action soon, but fun episode for the sake of Rei and Shougo. The manager in London needed more screentime, but at least he got a name card.

The episode did also highlight why I never really got into the series before, the theme is just not in my tastes.

Beyond the Boundary OVA 00
BstQTNqCEAAVac0.png

Part of the thrill is lost considering we already know the event it leads up to and the outcome, but it was somehwat fun seeing them back in the day first meet up and spend sometime. The action was fairly exciting more so than in the tv part of the show. And at least we got our favorite thing from Hiromi.

Jarmel

Banned
Hehe, I felt her actions were justified. So who here actually liked the movie? I believe we had this discussion once before.

Edit: Arriba, Arriba! Andale, Andale! nintendoman#58

I somewhat liked it. Or rather I liked the ideas behind it, not so much the execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom