• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was kind of expecting Evangelion 3.33, but it wasn't. I don't really know what to think though.

I think my favorite part were the transformation scenes (so elaborate!) and that weird Cake song part.
Homura and Mami's fight was good as well. The twist or "Rebellion" itself is uh...insane, I don't know if in a good way or a bad way yet.

mankoto

Hehe, I felt her actions were justified. So who here actually liked the movie? I believe we had this discussion once before.

Edit: Arriba, Arriba! Andale, Andale! nintendoman#58
This movie made me wish I was experiencing Madoka for the first time all over again. I need moooooore

Blusby

It was a *snooort*obvious cash-in*/snoort*, bit I still liked it.
Dat Mami vs Homura battle was damn nice to see in theaters.
Seriously though if people were apprehensive to accept the truth that Mami is indeed best girl, that movie cemented it in.

Seriously though if people were apprehensive about the truth that Mami is indeed best girl, that movie cemented it in.
PREACH BROTHER PREACH!

cajunator

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movie III: The Rebellion Story

pcI4sPN.gif

What

KEEKI KEEKI MARUI KEEKI

god that song and scene is so adorable

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah I also enjoyed Rebellion quite a bit, and Mami was indeed great in the movie. Those transformation scenes were pretty niceu.
Also loved the big ol twist with Homura mainly because it pissed a lot of people off lol.

OceanBlue

Wow, just watched episode 2 of Prisma Illya S2. I thought I was ready for that scene, but I wasn't...

That being said, I felt like it would be a huge scene from everyone's impressions here, but it got overshadowed by the fighting really quickly for me. Lol poor Illya, surrounded by such overpowered magical girls.

Homura had her moments. I must admit I felt totally and completely
awful when Homura watched the Madoka in her mind splatter onto the ground as though everything she had done was pointless and she despaired and turned into Homulilly. For those moments Homura was best and worst girl. Yes I was totally close to tears because I am overly sensitiveness.

Yeah I also enjoyed Rebellion quite a bit, and Mami was indeed great in the movie. Those transformation scenes were pretty niceu.
Also loved the big ol twist with Homura mainly because it pissed a lot of people off lol.

You have no idea.

I had
closure on the Madoka franchise when I finished episode 12. Hearing that there would be a third movie that continued the story, I was excited to see how the whole thing would wrap up. But no. It needlessly left it off on a sequel hook.

Midonin

Yumeria 04-06

Some good and bad moments in these episodes. Episode 4 having the girls trying to do a Sentai-esque pose because they have color coded outfits was amusing, but the way it was padding out with the brief recap of the series wasn't the best way to fill time. Episode 5 had some nice emotional moments with Mizuki - and 6 with Nanase - but a line at the start of episode 5, as though the very act of wearing swimsuits makes the girls a target, makes me a little uneasy, but 6 was overall the best of the set. Just some nice bonding at the festival before what looks like the main story kicks in. Still like Mizuki and Kuyo the best. Though the stock footage for the dreamworld sequences is a bit obvious. It'd be nice if they had more than one attack.

PREACH BROTHER PREACH!

Seriously though if people were apprehensive to accept the truth that Mami is indeed best girl, that movie cemented it in.

She certainly has a good head on her shoulders but I can't see how people can pick a best girl in this series.

You have no idea.

I had
closure on the Madoka franchise when I finished episode 12. Hearing that there would be a third movie that continued the story, I was excited to see how the whole thing would wrap up. But no. It needlessly left it off on a sequel hook.

Well of course, I for one look forward to Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movie IV: Homucide

Blusby

Homura had her moments. I must admit I felt totally and completely
awful when Homura watched the Madoka in her mind splatter onto the ground as though everything she had done was pointless and she despaired and turned into Homulilly. For those moments Homura was best and worst girl. Yes I was totally close to tears because I am overly sensitiveness.

The best thing about this movie is that at a meet-up for the film I met a dude who flew over here for the week from Czech Republic whose main purpose for coming to the US was to see the film every day that it was playing. It was the Friday of so it was his first viewing and after the movie ended I asked him "How was it?" and he just looked dead in the inside and said "I don't know".
Czechbro will never be forgotten, I hope he enjoyed it after an additional two viewings.

Syrinx

Aria: The Animation 9

Very simple advice coming from Grandma. In and of itself it probably isn't enough to help Aika be as great an Undine as her, but when you're talking to the GOAT Undine, it's kinda like asking Ted Williams "Teach me to hit like you!" There's no singular secret like Aika's looking for, and Grandma can't bring out the Undine greatness inside of her. She can help, but Aika's the only one who can make Aika as great as she wants to be.

Easy to tell in this episode that Aika's been trained by Akira and Akari has been trained by Alicia. Aika's getting frustrated the whole time since she's not learning and training balls-to-the-wall on being an Undine, while Akari's just happy to be there and having a good time.

The best thing about this movie is that at a meet-up for the film I met a dude who flew over here for the week from Czech Republic whose main purpose for coming to the US was to see the film every day that it was playing. It was the Friday of so it was his first viewing and after the movie ended I asked him "How was it?" and he just looked dead in the inside and said "I don't know".
Czechbro will never be forgotten, I hope he enjoyed it after an additional two viewings.
Now that is dedication.

Hugstable

Banned

I still have to watch the Madoka Movies sometime. Love the series but I still haven't watched any of the movies yet.

If you watch any form of anime you're already on a watch list.

Oh nooooo not the watch list

cajunator

Banned

Maybe he's from the future. Look for nutshells.

Free! Eternal Summer Episode 3
The events taking place at Samezuka are really as good as those in Iwatobi, especially when Momotarou was involved but also with Rin
and Rei there. Rin finally taking up some actin with Rei to thank him for what happened last season and all. I like their friendship especially after those events, and the drama track on their duet album

One of the scenes could have been enhanced with a Nagisa laugh, the moment in the classroom with him and Rei would have benefitted from it.

Favorite non rin moment
Haru at the end saying just such a simple line to Rei and getting Rei to get all emotional and teary eyed. Haru always know what to say to people.

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure 12

i66Ze3RHZArGm.gif
ibzh3EGUB3rSaz.gif

This week's battle was decided by a round of baseball. Why? Because Precure. Megumi being happy to get last place on the test because it made Kenta happy he wasn't last was so adorable, she's so pure ;___; also Cure Heart at the start reminding me of that horror that was Doki Doki Precure, gross

Happiness Charge Precure 12

[Imghttp://i.minus.com/ibzh3EGUB3rSaz.gif[/I

What's with the baseball men wearing Kamina glasses?

Eureka Seven - 18

If there's one thing I DO like a lot about these slow episodes, it's how much they show Renton has changed from the beginning.

He's not an undependable loser any more. He's a competent member of the team and knows what he's doing now.

This didn't happen because of some big game-changer moment for him (though that stuff with the Coralian might have had some impact on it). It came mostly with his experience with the crew. I've noticed just how less of the butt of the joke he's become as time went on. And I like that.

That aside, this was a pretty good episode, and should be what I think is setting the stage for a conflict now that
the group's cover has been blown.

Mokoi

Banned
I still have to watch the Madoka Movies sometime. Love the series but I still haven't watched any of the movies yet.

You can skip the first two movies. They're just recaps with a couple of extra bits added in and changes. Not really necessary to watch.

Clannad 16

Thanks to Nozaki-kun, I now know that artists have their preferred face shapes. Could be why Mei reminds me a bit of Fuko.

Oh god, this prank is so out of control. I love it!

Akio is still great. And a little worrisome.

I swear, Kyou is just a bit too genre-savvy.

Great reaction shot:
iNNsqSyLNHPyq.jpg

And now Sunohara has a weiner up his nose.

We are now firmly in harem territory. Please check your brains at the door.

Well, Ryou just pulled off a perfect Fluttershy.

Oh my, Sunohara's reactions this episode are too much.

God, I hate sports drama.

Mei's leaving already? :(

Oh, but she promised to come back. Probably for sweeps week (is that a thing in Japan?).

I tell ya. Tomoya's pranks are hilarious. And that is a great reaction shot.

Don't worry about Akio. Akio is da best.

Mami is indeed awesome sauce.

Mokoi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 6

Red hair guy sister is still annoying. Rose bride didn't get slap this time. Yay Yay! Also where the hell did the kangaroo come from. I didn't know the school was a zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom