• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Gundam Build Fighters had a new visual posted
Named Sekai, Yuuma and Fumina

Fumina is voiced by Yui Makino (Yura in C3 Bu, Francesca in Francesca), and the cast list has Aya Endo as a character who looks to be of some relation to Sekai, likely his mom. Nobody can ever replace Rinko, but I'll see.

Not sure how to feel about a complete cast changeover - I wanted to see more of Aila and Caroline and everyone else - but the old cast will certainly have some form of cameos.

The new season is called Gundam Build Fighters Try, for the record.

Who are these posers? :p

I guess rather than trying to top the last season they are doing a protagonist/plot line reboot. I do hope this new female character has a more active role than China had from last season. Never been a fan of the chibi-Gundams.

I find it ironic that China wasn't that involved since it's obviously not like that for us.

Gundam Build Fighters had a new visual posted

I like the lead character design a bit more than last season, though Ill miss Reiji.

Ooh, new leads. I hope they DO pull off the Sei and Reiji thing like they do with Red in Pokemon Gold and Silver. But then again, I hope this series doesn't end up as just a rehash of the first series.

Eureka Seven - 19

TIFF-TOGA-Ghostbusters

Yoooo dammmmmmnn things are happening!

Dammit Holland! Why are you acting like such a huge douche? How the Hell is Renton supposed to hide the fact that
Eureka got slimed?

Midonin

Time skip here we come.
According to the official website, this takes place seven years after the first series.

....wait. Yuuma Uchida, who plays Yuuma, is the younger brother of my favorite VA Maaya Uchida. So voice acting's a family business. Now he needs to get on a toku show.

The downside of playing Destiny all weekend is that I'll be missing all of my anime. The upside is that I'll have anime to watch throughout weekdays when I'm not playing. This is all assuming I don't have 20 mins here and there throughout the weekend though, which I should. I need my Nozaki-kun and Barakamon. Maybe Aldnoah.Zero though it's on the 4 episode rule.

The downside of playing Destiny all weekend is that I'll be missing all of my anime. The upside is that I'll have anime to watch throughout weekdays when I'm not playing. This is all assuming I don't have 20 mins here and there throughout the weekend though, which I should. I need my Nozaki-kun and Barakamon. Maybe Aldnoah.Zero though it's on the 4 episode rule.

I though the rule was 3 episodes.

Midonin

I plan on watching Gundam Build Fighters but pandering in series that are otherwise aimed at children is especially offputting.
Wait, pandering to who? Because it's functionally the same thing as Sentai's Gokaiger. Celebrating the past while also selling parts of it, and ideally drumming up interest in the history of the franchise. All while providing action and characters to please everybody and references that only fans will get that don't impact the story too much, since it's doing its own thing.

Or perhaps I've been a part of merchandised show fandoms for so long that I see this as normal.

Jarmel

Banned
So seems like the Gundam thread has gotten a jump on us.

Purple haired kid looks to be China's younger brother.

Oh and middle/main Gundam is Build Burning Gundam.

You have no idea how much this pleases me.

According to the official website, this takes place seven years after the first series.

All I ask is that China and Sei be in college and in a relationship, that was my favorite pair. And I guess this means that the age difference is because time is relative?

I though the rule was 3 episodes.

If it's a really bad show it doesn't even get 1. If it's a bad show it gets 3. If it's a show that has potential but they are just doing it awkwardly and really could become good, it gets 4. If it's Samurai Flamenco it gets 6, and then you finish it all.

Midonin

I still have no connection to the larger Gundam universe and am going into this as I would a new season of any toy-based franchise. Though it helps that the series is still very fresh in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom