• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
watch Kinmoza

welp, i loved everything else you recommended me so I'll have to watch this.

Question to anybody here. Whats the easiest way and free o switch your region? In TW at the moment so I get like 0 shows here on CrunchyRoll. I can watch JoJo's I guess.

I tried that tunnelbear thing but 500 megs isn't enough and I don't feel like paying.

edit: also another cgdct - started love lab and i thought it was funny

Defuser

Persona 4 The Golden Animation ep 2
Less than 5 mins they already skipped over a month with suddenly there's kanji in it without his plot progression. Jebus, even a change of studios from AIC to A1the animation quality is terrible, if P4 animation and golden animation were to be mixed together I can't tell the difference.

But still it's nice to see all the additional scenes get animated with the main story taking the backseat, unfortunately this episode make swag Narukami into a tragic guy.

Question to anybody here. Whats the easiest way and free o switch your region? In TW at the moment so I get like 0 shows here on CrunchyRoll. I can watch JoJo's I guess.

I use Hola Unblocker. Oh, and watch Non Non Biyori if you haven't.

Edit: Well... How about Hidamari Sketch then?

Sabagebu - 1-2

I laughed when club pres
drugged MC and handed over the club paper with her unconscious body.
But we haven't seen anything quite that brilliant/funny from the other member. They just seemed to be getting bodied by her really. Hope they step it up.

JoeFu

Banned
I use Hola Unblocker. Oh, and watch Non Non Biyori if you haven't.

Edit: Well... How about Hidamari Sketch then?

I have season one BD and I brought it with me to Taiwan.

Is there a free way to watch BD's? I bought an external BD drive and am currently using the free trial from PowerDVD . Might just give in and pay the 70 bucks or whatever to be able to watch BD's whenever...

also thanks for the Hola Unblocker recommend, seems like it works!

sonicmj1

Take stock:
Haruko: Atomsk
Mamimi: Naota's brother
Ninamori: Her dad

Naota's brother was the one she thought she could count on to protect her, but throughout the series Mamimi's mainly trying to find a way to deal with her shitty home life and being bullied at school. The various Takkuns in her life are totally different from Naota's brother, in that they're sorts of pets she can understand and control. She plays around with Naota, but pushes him away when he wants to start a real relationship with her. When she finds that robot core thing in the last episode, she uses it to take revenge on the people who wronged her. She's much more defined by her apocalyptic dreams (like her worship of Canti) than her adoration of her senpai in America.

Ninamori wants her parents back together. Saying that she's chasing her father seems overly reductive.

Maybe I'm reaching a bit because I like the series so much, but I feel like one of its messages about growing up is Naota learning to understand that everyone's lives don't revolve around him.

mankoto

Terror in Tokyo 2
Well that explains why Lisa's mother sent her so many text's. She herself isn't stable. Almost got mad when Twelve went out to see Lisa in that shirt, for a second I thought it was the same one from the video but it's actually a different color. As for the video itself, I'm really disappointed that the police
didn't pay close attention to it. Sure they were on the right track, but when they said 2-4-3 and stuck with 4-2-3 really bothered me. They effectively solved only half the riddle and it took an out of work(?) detective to get it. And even then it was too late (albeit for dramatic effect maybe, but still).

Misuta

Free! Eternal Summer E3

I liked the moment where Makoto acted like a captain (
he doesn't allow Rei to leave the swim club
). His assertive behaviour was badass and I wouldn't mind if more scenes will be shown in the future where he shows his serious side.

WQkDUVil.jpg

phaze

School Days is a train wreck, but its one that everyone has to pull over to the side of the road and look at.

Oreimo is a heartwarming tale of two siblings who overcome all odds to show their true feelings for each other. Also, eroge.

Toradora is good too. You should watch all three.

lol I think I've got my life dose of incest with Nisemonogatari.

Does anyone else always skip the OPs and EDs entirely for new shows?

These days, I want to avoid spoilers so much that I don't even want to see which characters are going to be of importance (hence usually shown in the OP). I do sometimes listen to them but put the video in the background for the duration. Probably wouldn't actually get anything spoiled or so by this point but I've yet to watch Planetes OP and ED in their entirety.

Skipping OPs and EDs has been my usual modus operandi though I seem to watch more of them lately. I can't even comprehend what goes through the heads of those who decide to spoil every single plot point in OP. Omega spoiled the main reveal in opening and plenty of episodes with the ep titles.

Captain earth - 08

Well this was a ok episode , but fairly predictable

"My life is dull because i didn't have the courage to make friends and tell people what i want"

Sure, dude turn into a giant killing machine then !

Is bones trying to make the most long launch sequences in animu history with this anime ?

Does anyone else always skip the OPs and EDs entirely for new shows?

These days, I want to avoid spoilers so much that I don't even want to see which characters are going to be of importance (hence usually shown in the OP). I do sometimes listen to them but put the video in the background for the duration. Probably wouldn't actually get anything spoiled or so by this point but I've yet to watch Planetes OP and ED in their entirety.

I never skip them, I always need to hear the songs for some of my favorite singers and the visuals that go with them.

Usually I dont notice that its a spoiler unless Ive already read the LN or manga for the series before

mankoto

I haven't read the manga, but it was strange to see how the protagonist had already a job in the cafe, and they didn't even present the other ghoul waiter..
Yeah. The only episode that was paced "correctly" so far was two. To an extent I can forgive one because it was presented are in a way where yes, a ton of content was skipped, but it was skipped in a way where it's now almost negligible. But there were so many jump cuts where it was hard to ignore.

Firemind

Kaorin, Tomo, Osaka, Sakaki, Kagura....

Kaorin is cute I suppose in her own cute, obsessive way. Tomo is mental. Osaka is mental. Sakaki is a giant, albeit an adorable giant. Kagura isn't mental, but is part of the three stooges. Chiyo still can't be beaten in cuteness though, even if you combined them all in one big cuteball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom