• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
I was hoping Crunchyroll would pursue an alternative player for the videos. Their ama is ongoing.
Bs18YBMCQAE_BeE.png:large
that yama no susume answer…

*sigh*

Chariot

Kugyuu's the best in every single JC Staff show she's in though. Louise being the hottest.
Hahahahaha! No.
Shana had a whole hand of characters who were better than Shana. Special mention fpr Margery Daw and mah girl Hecate, Hayate had maria and of course Lady Hinagiku and I already said that Taiga is not my favorite girl of Toradora.
Never saw Zero no Tsukaima tho.

I am glad I never watched any episode. God, that reminds me so much of Highschool of the Dead. And don't even try to tell me that HotD had something else than tits.

One of the reasons I couldn't take /r/anime anymore is the large amount of comments stating: "HotD was actually quite good when you disregard the ecchi moments".

Just... NO. I'll agree that the production value and visuals are more than the show ever deserved but... the characters and plot. There isn't even enough "so dumb it's kinda fun" action in there either. So much downtime and dialog between characters you'll never care about in a hundred years.

Blue Spring Ride 2 - Page 2

Love hexagons forming,
another Tanaka-kun that looks like Kou (brother or cousin maybe?
I love how they just kind of dumped that on us without any explanation.) and Futaba
splitting with her friends and becoming her own person
. This is gonna be a slow burn but I am enjoying it. I don't think there is anything really like it this season.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'll explain later. need to remind myself of this series. I will say one thing. I watched specifically because of how much you were going on about it.
Are you The Doctor?
And now I know when I'm at Heaven's Gate and they ask me the good deeds that I've done, I'll point to this post and show them how I blessed a fellow man.

Here's the Miki-hate again, tsk.
2l84U, The Anti Miki campaign was a complete success and there's really nothing you can do about it.

that yama no susume answer…

*sigh*
Urgh...

Elfen Lied 13

And it's over.

This series contains some pretty fucked up stuff. People getting sliced in half, kids getting shot, molestation (thankfully not shown in as much detail as the other stuff), animal abuse and what have you.

Yet it still manages to be uninteresting, predictable and plain boring at times. There's a few attempts at humor here and there, but it's more laughable than funny.

The main theme/OP is fitting and is used nicely at some points in the show, but the who the hell chose that ED? It doesn't fit the tone of the show at all.

There is an interesting story hidden in here somewhere, but there seems to be a few pieces that's missing. Some parts of the last episode was a bit sad, but no real feels moments here either.

Not really good, but not that bad either. All in all I give it 2.5/5 blood soaked puppies:
rdq9Z4R.png
rdq9Z4R.png
n4lfPVm.png
aeMuid4.png
aeMuid4.png

So did you think the ending was stupid? Because I sure as hell did.

2 points too much
you're right that it's average , but the facct that with those themes they made no intention to improve beyond average make it extra bad IMO

It's was... bland? I dunno. Couldn't really get excited or upset about anything. You could of course wonder why wheelchair girl didn't tear everybody in half instead of slapping them around, why Kohta is willing to forgive everything or why have another surprise reveal about that director guy, but meh...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well all I remember of the show apart from the nudity and gore in the first episode was that the MC was ultra dumb at the end. Honestly, how could he forgive something like the murder of his sister and father like it was nothing? It was probably the first stupid ending for an anime I'd seen (was pretty new to the medium when I watched it) so that part stuck with me.

I learnt an important lesson that day. Anime can be crap.

Glasslip 3

Still a beautiful show. I think I have a pretty good feel for all these characters and still like them all. They all have some great personalities. Little bit more plot this episode and I can see where this is going. The show just really wants to get across how Toko interacts with everybody and how all these characters feel for one another. The whole
future sightseeing thing looks like it's going to play a bigger and bigger role as the show continues. Took is already saying and doing things based on what she is seeing.

I thought this episode was really fun. I am actually enjoying this show a lot.

Hugstable

Banned
You have good tastes. I like you.

YOUVE CHOSEN CORRECTLY.

You have exceptional taste in idols.

<3. It's gonna be so hard choosing a favorite out of them >_<

Solid choices. You gonna like Iori and Miki soon enough.

I already like Miki also (on Episode 6 now) especially her constant want for sleeping and the using her looks just to get food was hilarious. I can't wait til they flesh out the characters more, but so many idols and only so many episodes.

Midonin

CR is at least better about these things than Funimation when it comes to unexpected delays.

Future episodes of Encouragement of Climb Season 2 will be made available as soon as we are able to. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Magimoji Rurumo episode 2 will be available within the next 72 hours. A finalized weekly time will be determined next week. Thank you for your patience.

Chariot

One of the reasons I couldn't take /r/anime anymore is the large amount of comments stating: "HotD was actually quite good when you disregard the ecchi moments".

Just... NO. I'll agree that the production value and visuals are more than the show ever deserved but... the characters and plot. There isn't even enough "so dumb it's kinda fun" action in there either. So much downtime and dialog between characters you'll never care about in a hundred years.
Yeah, pretty much.
I actually read the manga before watching the show. It was heavy on fanservice on it's own, but in it's core it was your usual western zombie apokalypse just with anime clichees as protagonist - which was actually entertaining. But the show dropped everything to turn the fanservice to 11. It was just awful.

Awakened Miki's too good.
Honey!

I already like Miki also (on Episode 6 now) especially her constant want for sleeping and the using her looks just to get food was hilarious. I can't wait til they flesh out the characters more, but so many idols and only so many episodes.
Do you see that viscous Anti-Miki lobby?
Another soul is saved from your claws.

cajunator

Banned
Elfen Lied 13

And it's over.

This series contains some pretty fucked up stuff. People getting sliced in half, kids getting shot, molestation (thankfully not shown in as much detail as the other stuff), animal abuse and what have you.

Yet it still manages to be uninteresting, predictable and plain boring at times. There's a few attempts at humor here and there, but it's more laughable than funny.

The main theme/OP is fitting and is used nicely at some points in the show, but the who the hell chose that ED? It doesn't fit the tone of the show at all.

There is an interesting story hidden in here somewhere, but there seems to be a few pieces that's missing. Some parts of the last episode was a bit sad, but no real feels moments here either.

Not really good, but not that bad either. All in all I give it 2.5/5 blood soaked puppies:
rdq9Z4R.png
rdq9Z4R.png
n4lfPVm.png
aeMuid4.png
aeMuid4.png

this show was compared to Gantz and in that respect it was a masterpiece. It was pushing some boundaries for a tv series at the time. Ova's were already super violent but not tv series so much. It definitely isnt forgettable.
i dont love the series but I respected what it was trying to say and I did buy it on dvd.
the ambiguous ending is de rigeur for a series like that.

Her best roles, and in that order!

Acceptable

Narag

All these MAL db denials

Psycho-Pass Re:Start (25207): An edited rebroadcast of Psycho-Pass, analogous to a DVD/BD version/directors cut. Doesn't need a separate entry. Please set the original series http://myanimelist.net/anime/13601/Psycho-Pass/ to re-watching if you wish to track your progress.
Psycho-Pass New Edit Version (25209): ^
PSYCHO-PASS Extended Edition (25213): ^
Psycho-Pass: Extended Edition (25215): ^
Psycho-Pass 'New Edit Version' (25219): ^
Psycho-Pass New Edit Version (25217): ^
Psycho-Pass 'New Edit Version' (25221): ^
Psycho pass reload (25227): ^
Psycho-Pass Extended Edition (25229): ^
Psycho-Pass Extended Edition (25233): ^
Psycho-Pass New Edit (25235): ^
Psycho-Pass Re:START (25237): ^
Psycho-pass New Edit Version (25239): ^
PSYCHO-PASS (New Edit) (25319): ^
Psycho- Pass New Edition (25327): ^
Psycho-Pass New Edit Version (25333): ^

Here's the Miki-hate again, tsk.

But yes, Iroi helped me over that TsunRie-trauma that J.C. Staff gave me in years of horror. That's how good Iori is.

Man you really need to see Gintama. Rie's role as Kagura is probably her best one, like seriously no lie. Especially since most of her roles are tsundere it's like a miracle how Kagura isn't annoying. In fact she's great and awesome probably has to due with the source material though.

H2 - END

What a stupid place to end the anime, there was so much more to do and show. It's sad that they didn't even adapt a half of the manga... but what they did adapt was well done.
I couldn't even get my quote about Hiro having the best waifu in Japan, guess I'll take this one and go on to the next anime.

I really like the fall from grace of Kine-kun, from "soccer" star, the new sport that would destroy baseball, to this Kine. But I would like to see better the story of
Hirota
, that was really good.

GJ-bu 11

Valentine's Day
again...and NO spinning?!

1. My only Rozen Maiden experience is Zurückspulen but she was the best in that.
2. Not relevant enough, though sadistic Miyukichi UNF UNF UNF
3. Chie is cute but she's just a cat!

Time to watch the original Rozen Maiden series.
Still need to pick up Arakawa Under the Bridge S1/S2 myself!
Nothing wrong being a cat.

Haha what is there not to like about Miki? They haven't developed her character much yet, but she's been pretty funny and cute so far from what I've seen.

She does some shitty stuff later on. I could forgive most of it, but at an episode near the end I had had enough. Some already started disliking her from about the middle of the series and a few still likes her anyway.

Stardust Crusaders 16

Steely Dan is going to get such a glorious thrasing next episode, and holy crap Hierophant Green gets to fight something :O Pretty good episode and also a great example of "well that escalated quickly" when
All of the sudden tentacles burst out of the old lady

Christ, Tokyo ESP seems like the ultimate combination of tired cape comic cliches (including the "great power = great responsibility" line), anime cliches, visual ripoffs from just about everything, and a focus on the least interesting part of any superhero thing, the origin story explaining everyone's powers.

Well all I remember of the show apart from the nudity and gore in the first episode was that the MC was ultra dumb at the end. Honestly, how could he forgive something like the murder of his sister and father like it was nothing? It was probably the first stupid ending for an anime I'd seen (was pretty new to the medium when I watched it) so that part stuck with me.

I learnt an important lesson that day. Anime can be crap.

He didn't actually forgive her, not that it was handled well either way. I'd say the manga did it better.

GJ-bu 12 (TV end)

Kirara has her "grooming" time and was probably the only one who wasn't embarrassed by the hairbrushing.
Though it's the graduation episode
the fun never ends since the Blu-ray has a nice feature to either repeat episodes 1-11 (
to skip the credits of episode 11 and all of episode 12 to leave out the graduation scenes
) or 1-12, but I still need to watch the @-special next.

Hairbrushing conquered: Mao, Shion, Kasumi, Megumi, Mori
mother
, Mori
daughter (Kyoro surrendered)
, and Kirara.

Mori spin count
: 4 maid outfit, 1 swimsuit, and 1 yukata
(Pretty sure I got them all?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom