• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukan

ffjlLah.jpg

taking a moment to welcome any thirsty animegaffers to the new Soft Drink |OT|

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Show mercy on us.

Grey junior this morning, nsfw pictures behind untagged link. This thread is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The posts are extended gutters and the gutters are full of lewd and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will be banned. The accumulated filth of all their life and hometown will foam up about their waists and all the mods and posters will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

GJ-bu @ + Final Thoughts

Just spoilered most of the post. My post for episode 12 had enough individualized spoilers.

Slight changes to the OP to match the American theme in the first half of the special. We see how Kyoro was recruited into the GJ-bu. Aladdin from Magi was on the cover the manga magazine Mao was reading. Mori truly is a master-of-all-trades. She recreated the entire clubroom for the New York trip. One more spin for Mori, but no hairbrushing. In the end, the setting is now in New York, but nothing really happens out of the recreated clubroom. Well at least on screen, there's the Halloween candy gathering despite the time of year not being anywhere near Halloween.

Back in Japan now. Mao is avoiding Kyoro after several months of not seeing one another, but they make up in the end thanks to the others. Not much else to say worth while in my opinion.

Wish this would continue, but seeing how episode 12 ended that is highly unlikely. I will still hold out hope that maybe the GJ Club Junior High School Division light novels will be adapted.

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure 17

i3xd0N5n95t43.gif
ibjqKA9BvJZqWT.gif

The faces this week were off the charts, Hime's development has been super enjoyable to watch, and Seiji is still pretty damn awesome. Some sort of wedding episode next time, plus more Cure Fortune

Midonin

Yumeria 10-12 + Final Thoughts

Perfectly indulgent, perfectly average, and some parts of it (
reverse reincarnation
, the nature of the dreamworld fights requiring everyone to fall asleep multiple times) were a bit silly, and while there were some questionable parts, it never reaches the point that I found it actively offensive. For a video game anime, it's about what I'd expect. Mone never did speak in normal syntax, but she's not the first character to be that way. A lot can be accomplished through tone. They really were a Sentai team to the end -
that doohickey Mone summoned for the final battle looks a lot like the Howling Cannon. It can be assumed that Tomokazu knows his dad after the world rewriting because he had a chance to find out, and Neito splitting from Neneko was never fully explained, but just as Mone was ripped from the dreamworld to borrow a physical body, it might have been the same for her.
The show was clearly cutting corners, and was heavy on the otaku culture (but that's not a negative), so while I overall enjoyed it, it's average. Lots of shows are going to be average. However cheap it may have looked, I still prefer the anime's looks to the game's mid-2000s CG models. Same reason why I was glad to see iM@S animated. 3D may be the future some day, but it's not there yet.

Next on my backlog, I complete the girl detectives trilogy by watching Gosick[/I.

Tokyo Esp 2

Rushing through the intro to get to the good stuff is fine by me. Still, if this episode was any indication, I don't really trust Xebec to handle the "good stuff" :/

invaders from the rokujyouma - 1

just stopped watching here, like two minutes in, because this show will never get better, can only go downhill:

they lived happily ever after. Amen.

Hey what are you watching this season.

Also might I interest you in Barakamon just in case you missed it. Its a good show that you should watch this season trust me.

Dresden

Hey what are you watching this season.

Also might I interest you in Barakamon just in case you missed it. Its a good show that you should watch this season trust me.

Nozaki kun for now. Checking out survival game club and Aldnoah tonight, Terror sometime after that. Anything else will have to come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom