• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mokoi

Banned
Probably Urobutchi's. Only the first hundred people that managed to get to the Good Smile booth that day will be able to get it.

Planning to go try tomorrow, hopefully nobody gets injured then. Right now I'm at the Oculus Rift section and they're showing off everything that people are seeing, which is essentially Asuna sleeping lol

Haha why? are there any no other segments of the demo to show or they just gotta show that waifu. Also good luck on getting that autograph.

Chariot

Probably Urobutchi's. Only the first hundred people that managed to get to the Good Smile booth that day will be able to get it.

Planning to go try tomorrow, hopefully nobody gets injured then. Right now I'm at the Oculus Rift section and they're showing off everything that people are seeing, which is essentially Asuna sleeping lol
I want him to incorporate that scene in Psycho-Pass 2, just more devastating.

Baccano! - 11

Holy shit this was a hard episode to watch at times.

I mean, this kid being immortal and planning to kill all the passengers on the train doesn't make it any less frightening seeing his arm get stripped off on the tracks and getting his fingers crushed off by Vino. I mean DAMN.

But anyway, now we have an interesting confrontation. Rail Tracer V.S. Ladd Russo. Monster meets maniac, as the episode description says. Should be cool to see how the fight between them ends up.

And for goodness sake show. Can you just get on with what happened to Dallas already? If he's not the Rail Tracer, he has to have gotten absorbed by Szilard, right? Was he involved with the pussy wagon or not?

So according to MAL, there's like two episodes left and I'm assuming there are OVAs? Hopefully everything comes together nicely within a span of two episodes.

Oh yeah I actually enjoyed watching prince, and the designs. I think this one was my favorite.

V4kz4X7.png
Excellent taste.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 14

Man people are right, Stardust Crusaders has far more of a horror movie vibe then I ever noticed.

Another two parter, but those will probably get more common soon enough.

Glasslip - 01

This...is way less slice of life than I was expecting. It's closer to Hanasaku Iroha. Not sure if I can deal with a season of forced angst from the likes of the transfer student character. Seriously, how do you write a character who opens up with those kinds of lines, and not using honorifics, and think to yourself "Damn, I'm good at this."

Tokyo Ghoul - 01

I read earlier in the thread that a lot was stripped out. Certainly felt like it. Unsure.

Rail Wars! - 01

Way better than I thought it would be, and I didn't even mind HOLY SHIT RIDICULOUSLY SIZED TITS character. As long as resident man hater doesn't become insufferable, it should be a fairly enjoyable ride
lololol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 14

Well, now I know where Resident Evil 4 got the inspiration from, anyway, as befitting a 2-parter this was all set-up for things next week.

Is the Order a Rabbit? END - Little bummed about this show. Didn't really seem to go anywhere. Was hoping for a bit more exposition, just a little too directionless for me tastes. It had its cute/funny moments, but I never really felt invested on what was going on. At the start of the show I was concerned that Tippy was just going to be a Dera-chan analogue, but in fact Tippy was tragically underused in the show.

One Week Friends END - Eleven good episodes, then kind of a flat ending. I was concerned that the idea of a character losing her memories every week would lead to tedium in having to "start over" all the time, but the show handled it well. It never felt like it dragged on, but at the same time I thought the last episode wrapped up too easily. Also, Shogo is great.

Chariot

No Game No Life 07

A secret gets revealed that makes some things make more sense and certain characters seem less foolish.
Sometimes when I read your comments to single epiosdes of anime I think that you're a writer of tv progam synopsis that worked far too long at that company became snarky.

Chariot

No snarkyness intended most of the time.
Oh no, I only meant that because your comment first sounds like a synopsis and then sets a small comment at the end. It would be very funny to read a small tv program synopsis taht somehow ends on a dry personal commentary.

TUSR

Banned
No Game No Life 07

A secret gets revealed that makes some things make more sense and certain characters seem less foolish.

This reads like a cable TV episode synopsis

Sometimes when I read your comments to single epiosdes of anime I think that you're a writer of tv progam synopsis

I guess I was beaten. :S

Im ahead of Cajun on the wall of shame, going to stop posting until this isn't the case.

Oh no, I only meant that because your comment first sounds like a synopsis and then sets a small comment at the end. It would be very funny to read a small tv program synopsis taht somehow ends on a dry personal commentary.

Oh, hehe. I don't have much technical or artistic knowledge and I don't want to analyze the plot or characters so this is what I do :p

Superflat

Watched Rail Wars! episode 1 finally. I feel like the studio was really insecure about its premise and decided draw in excessive boob and ass lines on any female character they could to make it more appealing. The actual characters and story progression was pretty fun, but it was punctuated with more fan-service than even I was expecting. I enjoyed the train stuff quite a bit. I like the trivia and the way they implemented them into the show. Now that the main cast is out of school, I hope they go wackier with the anime when the extremists show up. This show needed some more silliness and over-the-top stuff, but if they want to stay more grounded, there's still train stuff to enjoy.

Need to know what your stance is on that comment for me to properly respond lol. Granted I watched all of Elfen and more than half of Brynhildr so the amount of stupid stacked with those shows in comparison to the one ep of Tokyo Ghoul, but it actually felt more smartly written in comparison (as far as introductory episodes go). We'll see by the next couple of eps though.

Mr.Jeff

Baccano! - 11
And for goodness sake show. Can you just get on with what happened to Dallas already? If he's not the Rail Tracer, he has to have gotten absorbed by Szilard, right? Was he involved with the pussy wagon or not?

So according to MAL, there's like two episodes left and I'm assuming there are OVAs? Hopefully everything comes together nicely within a span of two episodes.
I'm not sure if you've caught this or not but the short captions that display the year are indicative of the chronology and help make more sense of the plot. I missed this the first time round.

However, failing that the show will still tie up the loose ends rather nicely by the final episode. The OVAs are some additional content that takes place immediately after the series. They're not quite as good but still enjoyable.

I do wonder if the lack of a Baccano S2 was down to sales or that they wouldn't be able to replicate the non-linear format again and be as successful.

BluWacky

Oh, hehe. I don't have much technical or artistic knowledge and I don't want to analyze the plot or characters so this is what I do :p

This is going to sound more aggressive than it's meant to (it's curiosity more than anything else), but what's your aim in posting a random screenshot and a vague statement about the episode? Are you hoping to provoke discussion about the episode or is it more a note for yourself that you've watched it?

ARGEVOLLEN 1

Fairly by the numbers mech show though was solidly entertaining. This is basically what I wanted from Captain Earth so I'll continue to watch. Hopefully it does some more to make it stand out from the pack.

Jarmel

Banned

Ah, I was worried it was for Kawahara's.

Well, the thing with the autographs at the autograph section(not Urobutchi) is that they hand out numbers tickets for the entire day in the morning. Turns out today was the only day that Koshimizu and Ryoka were doing autographs. VA culture being what it is, people were thirsty and the faucet wasn't going to be giving out much water today. So I tried getting in early by jumping in with an Exhibitor(who they allow in early). Staff got wise and kicked everybody out. A number of us(about 15) tried hiding in the bathroom but it was obvious as fuck and kicked us out. I jumped back to my original position in line(lol). So at 10:00 am they opened the doors to the area where the autographs where and autographs are all the way in the back. So you have two hundred people all running at once and all over the place to get a position in line. There were a total of about four or five hundred people entering the area in the span of 10 minutes. Someone went flying when they hit a bannister and I saw someone else crash into another person. I ended up flat out running to the line and then skipping to the first person I slightly knew(lol).

For the KLK VAs, there were at least three hundred people, probably closer to 400, all trying to get their autographs. They did a maximum of 90. I was person 80(as the 50 Voucher winners and a bunch of handicapped people went first). So a lot of people are probably very pissed off right now. One guy was straight up offering $100 cash for our positions(rofl).

This was a shitshow.

This is going to sound more aggressive than it's meant to (it's curiosity more than anything else), but what's your aim in posting a random screenshot and a vague statement about the episode? Are you hoping to provoke discussion about the episode or is it more a note for yourself that you've watched it?

Note for myself most of the time. If it sparks some discussion then that's fine too.

series_ep01_106.jpg

"Kashira kashira gozonji kashira?"

Utena 3: We learn that Anthy has no friends, Nanami's a possessive little brocon out to get anyone she thinks her brother is into, and that Utena is still thinking about that old decrepit faceless man from the days of yore that gave her the magic flower ring.

Utena 4-5: Mickey is really good at fake swordfighting and piano, and is a super genius at the college level. If this was a different anime, he would be the pilot of an eva unit or something as well as the chosen one or some shit. He falls in love with the spineless Anthy, but doesn't want to du-du-du-du,-d-d-d-d-d-duel for her as he finds the whole system pretty shitty. Then Pres. Kinjou Pulls a Goro on him and JEY-ZUS FUCK
DID HE JUST FUCK MICKEY'S LITTLE SISTER http://a.pomf.se/trqepo.gif
in order to get him to comply with the system by implying
he can't get what he wants without fighting utena for anthy

So of course he get's #shrekt and now We've got another sore loser on our hands who wants a rematch

Clov

Sounds like Sentai will give us TV Crowds and not BD Crowds

Yep, they confirmed they have no plans to release the director's cut of the last episode. Immense disappointment, and I likely will cancel my preorder.
I say likely because I'm torn between my hate for Sentai's decision and my love for Rui.

Overall I think I've been left cold by the AX announcements today. Sentai didn't announce anything I'd consider buying, and all Aniplex announced was Valverave which I have no interest in.

At least there's still tomorrow!

Why does everything got to air on Saturday and Sunday, those days are stacked for me.

Is Space Dandy still doing the Toonami first thing?

Yep so come on over to Toonami GAF and join us for a Dandy good time

Yu Gi Oh Arc V 8

All set up based upon the actions of Dark Yuuya, at least next episode should be all dueling

Clov

My gf bought me Nakamura Yusuke's artbook at Japan Expo, the guy who did Tatami Galaxy's character design and who draws the covers for Asian Kung-Fu Generation. It's preeeeeetty nice.

Nice! I ought to look into picking that up myself, I loved the way the characters looked in The Tatami Galaxy.

Production IG trailers almost make me want to watch their sports anime.

Edit: I didn't realize people loved psycho-pass that much. Got a pretty big applause.

Mokoi

Banned
Psycho-pass is good right? At least that's what I heard. Didn't watch it though. Should really get around to that.

Chariot

Psycho-pass is good right? At least that's what I heard. Didn't watch it though. Should really get around to that.
I was pretty good yeah and I had the impression that it was popular with the internet anime communities and japan alike, even with its flaws.

Isn't Pyscho pass doing a remastered(lol) version this season.

I got into it but then stuff happened and dropped it. Looking for a way back in.

Chariot

Wasn't part of gaf at the time. Interesting that gaf liked it so much.
Oh, my phrasing was off. It was a real question, since I too, wasn't part of AnimeGAF at that time. I am just under the impression that it was kinda popular anywhere.
Isn't Pyscho pass doing a remastered(lol) version this season.

I got into it but then stuff happened and dropped it. Looking for a way back in.
Yes. With new scenes even. Anichart says 11 episodes, all 1 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom