• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Toradora 9-10
mino1csii.png

My money was on Ami being the ultimate culprit. :(

For the longest time I thought Ryujii and Taiga are going to fall for each other but things are relatively quiet and that front and in those 2 episodes Takasu actually made some progress with Minorin. All hope is not lost !

Rurouni Kenshin 3

This was actually decent even if it still amounted to Kenshin saving the day at the end. Some interesting insights on his past and the current political system. I feared for a bit that they were going to make pantomime villains of the Meiji officials but thankfully they didn't go that route.

I do hope that at some point the fights will evolve beyond stills and too fast to see katana slashes.

Branduil

If people really want to watchbet something, you could always bust out the pocket sized Mars of Destruction. Aldnoah Zero wishes it was as good. Amazing 2D visuals, a masterful soundtrack Sawano could only dream of rivalling and writing that would shock even Urobuchi.

Most incredible sound design in anime.

Chariot

It's time to watch HAUPTMANN ERDE the proper way. The german way.

ilYgksu7q0AZM.png

iwicQ45Tx2DD9.png

jCPsIHCnFdvPu.png

Our story opens with Helmut Müller, a young pupil of the Erich-Honecker-Gesamtschule.

ibsMfELYvsy9Al.png

His father was a great astronaut and was a important man when Deutschland beat the
filthy americans and the cowardly sowjets in the space race. But died under mysterious
circumstance that may or may not involve the british MI6.

jbdGeRgrY3JkXx.png

As he gazes sunken into german thoughts over the glorious Reichstag where grand
chancellor Angela Merkel - god bless her- reigns, he reminisce about his youth in
Hamburg when he broke into a secret facility.

iOMV1CiGXCR08.png

In the facility Barmbek 06 he met the boy Francois.

isvleRKihxPa7.png

Francois was weird. He looked human, but he spoke french. Despite this flaw Helmut
and Francois became friends very quickly, repeatedly taking land from each other
without one of them actually capturing it for a meaningful amount of time.

i1BLUdktKqprG.png

Helmut decides to return to Hamburg and visits the grave of his father that someone
just put on some hill near Hamburg Harbor.

iRMlywvLLLuLO.png

Meanwhile Francois has the orgasm of his live.

iJGnXMTAGLmih.png

Note: The whole flashback is shown under the singing of Blümchen, the girl
Helmut and Francois save later in the episode.

The city reminds him of further past events, when he and Francois broke into the
mainbuiling of Barmbek 06 where they found a unsupervised girl in a bubble with some
fancy american technology in the hand. They free her, but she and Francois quickly get
captured and Helmut thrown out.

He once again breaks in the now abandoned building where he meets Ren-chon in her rebellphase.

itVxAvJTBHRaj.png

"Nyan-passu, digger!"

iberepp5ZqB91f.png

Ren-chon teleports him to Eugen von Barbelsberg, einem Wissenschaftler der Bundeswehr.
"Sind Sie ein Hauptmann?!", he asks. Helmut, remembering his father, a proud Hauptmann
nods and takes the responsibility of a military rank, because why not.

ibnlaq8soMrsFZ.png

He get's into the experimental Bundeswehrtank Tiger XXI, codename "Hauptmann Erde"
and flys into space to fight the frenchmen.

j0V7uUfIsJwpU.png

He is now Hautpmann Erde, but the episode time ran out. Is Helmut ready to fight the
french and keep them from coming to Deutschland? What are the shady plans of the
american empire and the sowjet union? What happened to Francois and Blümchen?

This and more... in the next episode of Hauptmann Erde!

mankoto

Sailor Moon Crystal 2
Quality issues aside, it was alright. Did they skip a few things though? I don't exactly remember seeing Ami so early in the original

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon Crystal 2
Quality issues aside, it was alright. Did they skip a few things though? I don't exactly remember seeing Ami so early in the original
They're following the manga chapter for chapter so far, with only a few changes and additional nods to the old anime.

Chariot

We're fucked

Idol M@ster X Love Live finally happened
http://projectli.tumblr.com/
bEsPAHD.png
Yes, yeeeeees.

This is so ridiculous that it actually works.
I'm almost confident that the stuff I wank together can't be worse what Captain Earth is actually doing right now.

Is this real?
Sure! :)

aight that was worth the effort. :lol
:p
If anyone is annoyed by this, it's narags fault for flooding twitter with Captain Earth screenshots.

mankoto

on a tumblr?
Who knows,hope it's not official crossover or it really ends

Good news, friends. After seeing that image I reversed searched like no tomorrow, and it is infact real. Although it I think its just a concert.

They're following the manga chapter for chapter so far, with only a few changes and additional nods to the old anime.
Thanks for the clear up. Maybe I should watch some of the original again.

Hopefully they dont ever merge these two shows. Accel World is so much better. It doesnt meed to be dragged down by SAO.
Cajun , don't fight it , we already have most of the timeline already confirmed.
It's just a matter of "same universe, different time"
Also the 2 show have way different goals , so there is no need to afraid of anything.

We're fucked

Idol M@ster X Love Live finally happened
http://projectli.tumblr.com/
bEsPAHD.png
OMG the marketing machine behind this must bas at full force.

When will i have IdolLivekatsu ?

If Ms. secretary didn't suit up in mech for the end game, I'll flipping table!

Hey , nice idea i'll be ok with it

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thanks for the clear up. Maybe I should watch some of the original again.
The old anime did its own thing aside from hitting some of the very basic story points of the source material. Episodes 1, 8, and 10 correspond to chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the manga, but after that the differences become fairly pronounced.

mankoto

The old anime did its own thing aside from hitting some of the very basic story points of the source material. Episodes 1, 8, and 10 correspond to chapters 1, 2, and 3 of the manga, but after that the differences become fairly pronounced.
Ah. Well there goes that plan.

Midonin

Survival Game Club 03

So the running theme today is bears. The show continues to be enjoyable, but I'm not sure if it's my favorite of the season. A lot of the jokes did land, though.

Nafe

Pupipo! - End

Wow. A powerful conclusion to a show that was way better than I expected from its opening episodes. The last time a series surprised me this much in widening its scope and depth from its opening was the manga Getenrou. Quite easily the best short anime I've seen; the way it was able to build affection for its characters and investment in their fate during its meager run-time is nothing short of miraculous. And somehow it never feels rushed; there's a meditative tone to the whole thing, helped by the chamber music soundtrack. It also helps that it's well-produced throughout, with good animation and art and direction that rarely misses a beat. It's rare to find TV anime that tells a complete, satisfying narrative, let alone one with 4 minute episodes, so this is truly a show to be cherished.

It's a shame that Pupipo has flown under the radar, likely due to it being a short series that wasn't licensed for streaming. If you haven't seen it, go watch it right now! It's only 15 episodes x 4 minutes = 1 hour in total! You can spare that much time! I'll definitely be campaigning for this when AOTY voting comes around. A miniature masterpiece, the kind of show that reminds me why I watch anime.

I watched Pupipo! and liked it as well. :)

Agree on a lot of the points you mention here and re-recommend this show again to others.

Watchbets are a handy thing when you've got something you feel needs more attention from others though. For instance, I will watchbet somebody for Pupipo!, since there doesn't seem to be any other way to get people to watch it anyway.

It's much better to see people using "watchbets" for this purpose rather than the seemingly more popular method of recommending something just for a quick laugh at someones intentionally over-reactive statements.

It was nice to see that someone was,(I think?),doing this with MikeHattsu and he was recommended good shows like Usagi Drop and Girls und Panzer as a couple of examples. Just good shows in general or at least ones he might like personally anyway.

It was nice to see that someone was,(I think?),doing this with MikeHattsu and he was recommended good shows like Usagi Drop and Girls und Panzer as a couple of examples. Just good shows in general or at least ones he might like personally anyway.

Yeah, I watched that in a watchbet with phoenix296

Good news, friends. After seeing that image I reversed searched like no tomorrow, and it is infact real. Although it I think its just a concert.

Yes, it seems to be a concert:
http://twitter.com/SSP_info

Not sure what kind of concert it is or if it's just some fan event?

mankoto

Mahouka 16
The only possible way this could've played out any better is if we've never seen Onii-sama's glorious restoration technique beforehand. I would've lost it in so many ways.

That watchbet offer for Pupipo! is still open, by the way. Take advantage of it to get me to watch the show of your choice and all you have to do is watch a great short show in return. This is a limited time offer, so buy now!

phaze

Toradora 11-13

dq8cskv3eobz.gif

All that daddy drama that could have been averted had just Taiga or Minorin told Ryujii what that jerk has done in the past.

The man-led conspiracy for doing cosplay exhibition had me in stiches. "Why didn't you go with majority rule ? "
KuGsj.gif
The teacher bits were great as well.

duckroll

Sometimes I feel that Narag is the only one who really understands me. Then I think about it some more, and I wonder if Narag is just my alt. :(

Acosta

I have not have much time to watch anime, but I have been watching Ranma 1/2. It was one of the first anime series I started watching in TV ( very randomly ) so it has been an interesting memory trip. I rally like how solid it is, the action is nice, the characters mix well together and the humor is fantastic (up to 14 episode now, I got some great laughs). The humour gets in absurd territory sometimes but that's fine.

kzTxVCe.jpg

The romantic side is really, really silly, I can't even imagine how it will around episode 100. I kinda remember a kind of protoharem with several girls wanting Ranma, but memories are fuzzy. Seeing the whole act of Akane/Ranma is going to grown tiring for sure.

Talking about waifus, could Kasumi be more adorable? (Nabiki is the funniest character though)

I'm a bit shocked at how liberal is the show with nudes, specially Ranma, I guess the whole thing of man/woman thing gave them some platitude.

sonicmj1

That watchbet offer for Pupipo! is still open, by the way. Take advantage of it to get me to watch the show of your choice and all you have to do is watch a great short show in return. This is a limited time offer, so buy now!

I know you wanted to watch Mouryou no Hako.

If you haven't yet, now's the time.

Midonin

Akame ga Kill! 03

I like the daily life segments. Yukarin acting at her best as Mine was pretty enjoyable. The assassin battle scenes still are a little too much on the gore for my liking, but the cast is fun to watch, so while I don't have any super strong feelings about it at this point, it's enjoyable. Though that guy at the end suggests that things are only going to get worse from here on out.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
No no no.

no.

No, stop with your lies.

It is a cat and I refuse to believe otherwise. Even duckroll with his mod power cannot make me believe it is not a cat!
It's Ame from Wolf Children cosplaying as Saya from Blood-C.

Wolf Children. Continuing this only makes you look worse.

mankoto

Captain Earth 16
Pretty good episode. Hana won strictly due to plot armor but that's alright nonetheless. And Puck continues to be truthful too.

Sabagebu 2

EhR9vLa.gif

e3oHb7n.gif

rbVirAT.gif

Holy shit. I cant stop laughing.

Sabagebu 3

QHG6dAu.png

All those happy animals. Its like a Disney movie. That badass war veteran crow is absent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom