• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicmj1

Pupipo! 1-2

There's a good sense of energy to it, but it's hard to tell where it's going for now. The story is fine so far, but to me it sort of just seems like it ends whenever time runs out. I can see why it would have shed curious watchers who were trying to follow it week-to-week.

It's pretty fun. Pupipo is a lively little blob, and makes for a good mascot. And even in the minimal amount of time we've had so far, it's nice to see Wakaba's life changing, both by Pupipo keeping her safe from ghosts (some of which are kind of amusing in their own right) and by Azuna taking risks to be her friend.

Midonin

Gosick 04-05

A much smaller scale mystery. I like how it brought to light how the rest of the school viewers Victorique, being barely aware of her existence. All the folklore and mysteries in this universe do correspond to the characters themselves well, but the way that they're evolving, such as
The Spring Reaper originally referring to Maxim, and now being thrust onto Kujo by chance
is a take on folklore that paints the picture of this world a little clearer. Victorique's still adorable.

Sabagebu - 03
Ah this show ..

We haven't made a mistake ! It's just an hommage !

No it didn't happen! it would be boring otherwise , continue to fight , fight like a zombie !

**my sides **

Sola 11

WmUExNL.jpg

Friendships are broken and everybody forgets in the end. Some plans gets made and yet another fight seems to be about to start.

mAcOdIn

Wow this Hayate the Combat Butler Taiwanese live action show is weird, it was already kind of lame as an anime but them using anime effects in a live action show is nuts, like when they have the rich girl blush and her cheeks literally redden up like Rudolph's nose instantly, such a jarring effect when used here.

I'm also not sure why they used the original title but then went and gave everyone new names anyways.

Kurita

Saw Kaguya-hime today. Oh god.
It was beautiful but that's pretty much it. Annoying main character, too long and boring. Give me my money back.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
duckroll avatar will protect AnimeGaf
That explains all the recent deaths. I guess one season = one episode for us so seeing as it was May 2013 (Spring) when he adopted it, we currently on episode six...

Well I'm bailing out during the Winter season.

-Minsc-

School Days discussion.

Interesting.

Why is there no comic illustrating School Days reactions by episode like there is for Texhnolyze?

Man Haikyuu is a pretty great watch, it's really nice. Latest episode really hit me hard. On how you shouldn't give up even till the last second and how it's really hard to overcome a match you lost.

Kurita

She loved where she grew up, and then she was taken away to the city without being asked and forced into this suffocating court life she never wanted or liked. It's not exactly unjustified.
Not saying it's unjustified though.
But then she wants to go back to the Moon, and then it's "oh no please let met stay on Earth". Dammit girl!

They should have made a movie with the guy fighting the dragon.

mankoto

If I were to start Precure, where would I begin? Or are they all self-contained stories?

I wouldn't mind if I had to start from square 1, but that'd be quiet the project.

sonicmj1

Not saying it's unjustified though.
But then she wants to go back to the Moon, and then it's "oh no please let met stay on Earth". Dammit girl!

It's about mortality! It's inevitable! Of course she has regrets!

They should have made a movie with the guy fighting the dragon.

They should have made a movie with the guy who got the golden bush telling stories.

That's a load off... Now it's only a mater of choosing one.

Most popular choices would be considered Splash Star, Fresh, Heartcatch and Smile. A fair warning is that Max Heart and GoGo are sequels (neither one should be watched honestly), but other than that, each series attempts to do something different, so same expectations can't exactly be applied to every season. Think only side characters could be considered something worth comparing... and screen time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If I were to start Precure, where would I begin? Or are they all self-contained stories?

I wouldn't mind if I had to start from square 1, but that'd be quiet the project.

Smile Precure.

Hits the ground quick, has the best cast of girls and was the only Precure show I managed to finish. It was enjoyable.

Mouryou no Hako 1

Ryosuke Nakamura sure loves his cherry blossoms, doesn't he? Just as in Nerawareta Gakuen, the opening scenes are infused with a surplus of cherry blossoms leisurely floating through the air. Here, the main purpose they serve is to give Yuzuki a mystical aura, which Yuzuki's mysterious ruminations on moonlight and reincarnation also add to.

I'm not really sure at this point where the story is going to go. The first episode presents a tale of a mysterious and vaguely sinister friendship that develops between two girls ending in tragedy which almost feels like it could be a short story in itself, if it weren't for the tantalizing prologue with its bizarre box. I have no idea now how that's going to tie in to everything else. The biggest takeaway is the strong sense of atmosphere, which is something that draws me into a work above anything else. The writing is rather dense, with literary references and metaphors galore, and I understand that this is a show which only fully comes together at the end, so I'll just enjoy the ride for now.

Pupipo! 1-2

There's a good sense of energy to it, but it's hard to tell where it's going for now. The story is fine so far, but to me it sort of just seems like it ends whenever time runs out. I can see why it would have shed curious watchers who were trying to follow it week-to-week.

Pupipo plays its cards close to its chest in the opening couple episodes. The opening scene has actually already presented the lynchpin of the whole narrative, but that only becomes apparent later.

phaze

Toradora 14-16

• Drama, drama, high school drama. The show as whole does the comedy better than the serious bits. That fight was godly though.
  • Kitamura changed his mind like 4 times in one episode. Get a grip man.
    Screaming about your love to the whole school does not count as getting a grip.
  • Kushieda has grown into the most mysterious and character. She has to have a major skeleton or two in her cupboard.
    Not kind and a phony ? "Guilt all gone?" Like what the hell ? I would think its about her knowing and ignoring Takasu's feeling but judging from her reaction to the Taiga's pictures and Ami's line that's not it.
    Really no idea where all this is headed.
  • The afore mentioned Ami has taken a backseat lately. This needs to be made up for asap !

Urgh I'm really enjoying this and as a result, burning through it way too fast. Gotta savor it while it lasts.

Narag

Captain Earth 11

Weird ep but I suppose inevitable if they had six monsters of the week in the designer children and wanted to differentiate encounters.

Shocked that Orgone energy is an actual concept someone came up with and not something Enokido just made up too.

mankoto

Fate/Illya 3
The mysterious transfer student, Miyu-san is perfect in every way and has a mysterious past to boot seemingly. Go figure.

Sola 13

Well... This is Sola.

As you all probably know I really like Kanon 2006, and that's why I watched this since this is the main writers (Naoki Hisaya) other work in anime. This has nothing of what I like about Kanon in it. No comedy and the tragedy part is not one I could get into at all.

And then there's the characters. 1. Take Haruhi. 2. Remove the interesting characters (Kyon and Haruhi) and make something with Itsuki and Yuki as the main characters. 3. Throw in Kotomi from Clannad. That sounds like fun right? Yeah, no.

This is one of the most boring shows I've ever seen, maybe even more boring than Another and School Days. At least those 2 had some interesting things in it.

Anything positive then? The music is actually good. Get the soundtrack, go outside and look at a sunset and take some pictures, that's better than watching this.

0/5 blue skies. Everything is grey:
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom