• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
School Days impressions are so 2010. I think it's fair to say the novelty has worn off long ago.

Who do I hold responsible for this mess?

No one. Everyone started for different reasons. Phoenix started because of a watch bet and Nintendoman asked me a while ago to watch. And so here we are.

Firemind

I never watched School Days and I probably never will. I was around though during the nice boats in IRC and it was amusing to say the least.

School Days 11
schooldays11-24big.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!

Back up. So he's pretty much
done everyone in the school
? He somehow managed a
foursome with three girls
! Like the little bastard has game but holy shit dude. Then on top of that both of
Sekai's friends did him on the pretense that he would take care of Sekai
and the little fucker isn't doing anything. ON TOP OF THAT Sekai
is fucking pregnant with his child and he doesn't want to take responsibility
. So he runs of to the
very first girl and tells her that he loves her
. FUCK YOU MAKOTO!

This is our hero ladies and gentlemen. He is the shinning example we should all strive to be--- I can't. Sorry just can't. This guy.... this guy....

This..... This is a fucking cautionary tale....

Nafe

Mouryou no Hako 2

Sudden timeskip and I'm even more disoriented now.
Though I guess the facility that the reporters stumbled onto is the hospital that Kazuki was being transferred to?

-Note that the following post mentions covering material up to the end of episode 5 of the show-

Jexhius made a nicely detailed post covering the characters involved and trying to piece together the information provided up to this point of the story if you want to take a look when you get there.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101749283&postcount=8737

How many of the people just starting School Days are completely unaware of why it's so infamous? I mean, the anime fandom had kind of made it so pretty much everyone knows, making a full watch kind of pointless since the shock factor isn't there anymore.

I'm one of the people who haven't watched it but I know already what happens. Not hate watch for me!

In fact I'm surprised of the shock that transpire on some of these impressions. People really were ignorant on this?

I'm more amazed at how I don't exactly hate anyone in Nozaki-kun.

I mean I could probably make a list of favorite to not-as-favored, but still. And I say this with having knowledge of the mango.

Hugstable

Banned
Sabagebu! Episode 1

New favorite show this season? This show is just wacky and fun enough to work and actually brought back memories of when me and my high school buddies used to pick up airsoft and paintball guns and used to have our own games we set up. Really enjoying the comedy here and gonna continue watching the next 2 episodes as well. I thought Barakamon was gonna be my favorite of this season so far, but this flew under the radar for me, and was seeing those hilarious .gifs and Chariots recommendation that got me to finally watch this. Loved the whole narrarator also being just another part of the comedy as his explained why airsoft guns all of a sudden seemed like real bullets in teh fight scene.

sonicmj1

Pupipo 3-4

Well, that was a surprise.

Pupipo's connection to that first scene is clearer, but I didn't expect it to take the turn that it did. The groundwork in the first three episodes seems like it's gonna be well-used. We'll see.

Mouryou no Hako 2

Sudden timeskip and I'm even more disoriented now.
Though I guess the facility that the reporters stumbled onto is the hospital that Kazuki was being transferred to?

It's a pretty disorienting show. It does come together at the end, but you'll have to wait a while longer for things to make sense.

There are a lot of visual metaphors to look out for, but it's also important to keep in mind the themes arising from the prologue scene. The protagonist's fascination with the box and its contents, and what it represents, is a kind of theme that plays out for pretty much all the characters you'll encounter.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chihayafuru S2 05-06

smh at Hokuo's nickname for Kana, good on Hiro for wanting to play a more fair match, probably just trying to impress his gf though lol. Chihaya showing
some good sportsmanship as well as Amakusa being humbled

I wish Arata would lose his phone
ChiRata is the canon pairing. Sorry bro!

YamiHat 01

This guy must have operated the camera during the flashbacks.

There's yuri sisters, one of which is mute and gets abducted by aliens at midnight, spies on a train, a witch and a weird talking chick.

And there's something about Adam and Eve and a second world.

I'm sure things will start to make more sense later on.

School Days 12 [END]

WHAT........ THE.......... FUCK........

I... Don't.... Can't.... But she was.... And then.... But tea..... And the boat at the end.....

I....

I.....

Clannad+3.gif

large.gif

Dude I was spoiled on the ending through an image. Yeah that's what you get for being a total douche. And at least it gives us a life lesson, "Never Think With Your Dick."

I.... need to go lay down.

My own mental stability right now isn't in the best place.

I was honestly laughing most of the time about how this guy really thought with his other head. But that end. I knew this was a fucking cautionary tale. I am simply horrified right now.

Rhapsody

Banned
I.... need to go lay down.

My own mental stability right now isn't in the best place.

I was honestly laughing most of the time about how this guy really thought with his other head. But that end. I knew this was a fucking cautionary tale. I am simply horrified right now.
Did you watch the uncut version? More sounds and more visuals lol

Pooya

nozaki 3
I love these character introductions, looks like 2? more left going by the op. I'm not sure how it will hold up after that's done, so far it feels quite satisfying but that mostly comes from new characters, the manga parallels are funny though.

thanks to whoever that brought this show up here first, don't remember! :b

School Days 12 [END]

WHAT........ THE.......... FUCK........

I... Don't.... Can't.... But she was.... And then.... But tea..... And the boat at the end.....

I....

I.....

Clannad+3.gif

large.gif

Hehehe! Congratulations!

Oh god.

Someone please recommend something happy, funny and pure to cleanse my anime soul. For the love of god someone.

Ef a tale of memories.

Watch this. It's legit the perfect thing after that. It's soooo sweet.

I'm being 100% serious here.

EDIT: Don't watch Elfen Lied or Blood C.

Blood C reactions may be entertaining, but after School Days? You need a break. Go with Ef and calm your heart.

welp, I've pretty much abandoned this season (even though its so good) and instead am watching Urusei Yatsura.

Probably just watch Barakamon and Nozaki kun.

Hard to tell who want to just see me go super dark and hate everything that ever existed or who want me to legitimately watch something nice to calm myself before the next horror.

Hehehe! Congratulations!

I hate you so much right now....

Ef a tale of memories.

Watch this. It's legit the perfect thing after that. It's soooo sweet.

I'm being 100% serious here.

EDIT: Don't watch Elfen Lied or Blood C.

Blood C reactions may be entertaining, but after School Days? You need a break. Go with Ef and calm your heart.

Okay, I like you again. You've never steered me wrong. Well except School Days. But you warned me about SD sooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom