• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also Samurai Flamenco Pshyco. That show's a hell of a lot of fun.

It's also another reaction show. So you should watch Ef first.

Baccano! 01

Writers looking for a scoop. But how does the story go, who are our characters and where does it start?

Mafia and magic and 20 bazillion different characters. I have no idea what's going on.

Ooh Baccano! That's a legit great one.

Dynedom

Already seen Chihayafuru. Puchimas looks weird.... I like weird. Sell me on it.

Ahem.

tumblr_mkasc6zuVd1reu6dpo2_500.gif

idblElJSwqCaW.gif

000z3q63.gif

i4836646201.gif

Go_Ly_Dow

School Days 12 [END]

WHAT........ THE.......... FUCK........

I... Don't.... Can't.... But she was.... And then.... But tea..... And the boat at the end.....

I....

I.....

Clannad+3.gif

large.gif

if there's ever been an appropriate time to bring this gif out of the woodwork then this is it

80545-Jack-Nicholson-nodding-gif-Img-P7l1.gif

Alright you guys sold me.

Now which to start first....

Ef because that actually has an overarching story with a resolution.

Puchimas! and Yuyushiki is just cute girls doing cute things Slice-of-Life. At least that's what I assume they are, I've seen so many of those it's easy to anticipate what they are.

jgminto

DRAMAtical Murder 3
YESSSSSSS!!!
I'm glad they kept the kiss because I probably would have dropped it then if they didn't. The scene with Clear eating was really funny, was not expecting the extendible straw from the mask, it was a nice addition.

But maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, why does this show have to look so bad? The animation is probably the least consistent of the season. Majority off model faces, colour errors, bad framerate cuts. It really doesn't do the source material justice, especially when they're given such a beautiful colour palette to work with. That's about the only thing stopping the show from looking totally terrible. I'm not familiar with the studio though so I don't know if their work is usually this bad.

The early story revelations continue to bother me as well.
Mink's past is meant to be a mystery. I'm guessing the show isn't going his route but it still felt really poorly implemented to show it like that.

Jex

Mouryou no Hako 1

Ryosuke Nakamura sure loves his cherry blossoms, doesn't he? Just as in Nerawareta Gakuen, the opening scenes are infused with a surplus of cherry blossoms leisurely floating through the air. Here, the main purpose they serve is to give Yuzuki a mystical aura, which Yuzuki's mysterious ruminations on moonlight and reincarnation also add to.

I'm not really sure at this point where the story is going to go. The first episode presents a tale of a mysterious and vaguely sinister friendship that develops between two girls ending in tragedy which almost feels like it could be a short story in itself, if it weren't for the tantalizing prologue with its bizarre box. I have no idea now how that's going to tie in to everything else. The biggest takeaway is the strong sense of atmosphere, which is something that draws me into a work above anything else. The writing is rather dense, with literary references and metaphors galore, and I understand that this is a show which only fully comes together at the end, so I'll just enjoy the ride for now.
Good choice, well, good choice to watchbet. Keep on going!

cajunator

Banned
What about Fate/Tongue in Tongue?

Acchi Kocchi 02

Eh, it's all cute and all, but I feel bored. The characters are not very engaging, I think I just look at cute gifs on tumblr or something like that.

Well thats a hell of a name for it...

As for Acchi Kocchi not much happens in there except cute feel good nothingness. But sometimes thats just what a person needs!

We're fucked

Idol M@ster X Love Live finally happened
http://projectli.tumblr.com/
bEsPAHD.png

Well I never expected this...

Sailor Moon Crystal 2
Quality issues aside, it was alright. Did they skip a few things though? I don't exactly remember seeing Ami so early in the original

They definitely did something different. Though that brings to question what the original did if this follows the manga. Did the original skip way ahead?

They're following the manga chapter for chapter so far, with only a few changes and additional nods to the old anime.

If thats the case, what did original show do?

Cajun , don't fight it , we already have most of the timeline already confirmed.
It's just a matter of "same universe, different time"
Also the 2 show have way different goals , so there is no need to afraid of anything.

OMG the marketing machine behind this must bas at full force.

When will i have IdolLivekatsu ?

Hey , nice idea i'll be ok with it

Maybe SAO will be BETTER if it merges with SAO. Oh god...

I have not have much time to watch anime, but I have been watching Ranma 1/2. It was one of the first anime series I started watching in TV ( very randomly ) so it has been an interesting memory trip. I rally like how solid it is, the action is nice, the characters mix well together and the humor is fantastic (up to 14 episode now, I got some great laughs). The humour gets in absurd territory sometimes but that's fine.

kzTxVCe.jpg

The romantic side is really, really silly, I can't even imagine how it will around episode 100. I kinda remember a kind of protoharem with several girls wanting Ranma, but memories are fuzzy. Seeing the whole act of Akane/Ranma is going to grown tiring for sure.

Talking about waifus, could Kasumi be more adorable? (Nabiki is the funniest character though)

I'm a bit shocked at how liberal is the show with nudes, specially Ranma, I guess the whole thing of man/woman thing gave them some platitude.

Always nice to see someone enjoying a classic RT show like Ranma.

No no no.

no.

No, stop with your lies.

It is a cat and I refuse to believe otherwise. Even duckroll with his mod power cannot make me believe it is not a cat!

Sorry man. Duckys avy is indeed a combination of one of the Wolf Children cosplaying as Saya from BloodC. ITs rather cute!

Sabagebu! 3

everythingwrongwithanimetoday.jpg

That crow was a fucking boss.

I really need to watch more of this. Two more days itll Im off!

Branduil

That watchbet offer for Pupipo! is still open, by the way. Take advantage of it to get me to watch the show of your choice and all you have to do is watch a great short show in return. This is a limited time offer, so buy now!

I would, but I should really finish my other watchbets first.

Maybe if I can grind out Clannad by the end of the week.

mankoto

You guys should look at the School Days Visual Novel and share those experiences. Worth just as much as watching the anime if not more

Sengoku BASARA Judge End 03

Lvz7ScUl.jpg

Ieyasu flies around on his giant robot and asks everyone if they'll make an alliance with him.

And everyone just screams no at him afterwards.

Poor Ieyasu.

It is interesting how flawed the three other main characters are getting. And Ieyasu is basically needing a good publicist right now.

mankoto

The fact that they're getting together for a concert leads me to believe there will be an anime one day... And I want to see it.

That watchbet offer for Pupipo! is still open, by the way. Take advantage of it to get me to watch the show of your choice and all you have to do is watch a great short show in return. This is a limited time offer, so buy now!

Ooh, you're offering a watchbet? Hmmm, I might take you up on that. Is it too late to do so?

Andrew J.

I'd feel bad trading a series with full-length episodes for one with short episodes, and there aren't any short series I'm super keen on evangelizing.

YamiHat 02

Uh-huh. She gets surprised when people don't think she's a man.

Lots of spies gets killed and as always when there's spies there's some double crossing involved.

We get the first look at the second world with goblins and presumably an evil ballet dancer guy.

And out of nowhere there's a narrator? Oh, well. At least the train was saved from blowing up. Wait... Why did Hazuki and witch girl take the train at all? And the girl with the food trolley knew Hazuki somehow?

/XX/

Aww, man! That thread on 4Chan's /m/ about Future GPX Cyber Formula is breaking my heart. The sad state traditional mechanical animation is in nowadays keeps being reminded to me each moment I see images of that (now in high-definition) goodness from the OVAs.

Sagebu 3
A fun episode with 2 new characters. The exceedingly air-headed teacher and the bratty kid. And a whole bunch of animals including the veteran crow.

Jex

[Space Dandy] - 16

I thought they were joking when they said the animation would be much better this season.

They weren't.

Yuasa, of course, is a fantastic director. His inability to tell dense, short stories is truly remarkable and we've seen it time and time again. This was very reminiscent of his work on Kaiba, but obviously with more humour. This is the only time I've ever really found Space Dandy to be amusing and it's largely due to the sight gags.

[Aldnoah.Zero] - 3

Okay, so now we've seen that the show can execute a good fight sequence, which seems to have impressed everyone. It remains to be seen if the writing can carry this show onward because this episode still featured plenty of dumb stuff. My fingers are crossed because I want this to be good.

[Stardust Crusaders] - 16

Did this really need to be two episodes? I don't really feel like the material of this episode really justified the run time.

Soma

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun Ep. 3

Loved it. Had quite several moments where I legitimately laughed out loud. Feels like the jokes from the manga are translating to animation more smoothly than they were previously. Kashima and Hori are a great additions to the cast.

I swear the creator of this series is like a master of creating misunderstandings for comedic effect. Also that episode preview YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

I can't wait for next week's episode.

cajunator

Banned
If I were to start Precure, where would I begin? Or are they all self-contained stories?

I wouldn't mind if I had to start from square 1, but that'd be quiet the project.

AVOID MAX HEART. If you want a good introduction, watch Futari Wa. Its a good series being the first, but lacks the team dynamic that has made the series popular. Nagisa and honoka are lovely characters.
The best ones seem to be Heartcatch, SplashStar, Smile and HapCha

Sola 13

Well... This is Sola.

As you all probably know I really like Kanon 2006, and that's why I watched this since this is the main writers (Naoki Hisaya) other work in anime. This has nothing of what I like about Kanon in it. No comedy and the tragedy part is not one I could get into at all.

And then there's the characters. 1. Take Haruhi. 2. Remove the interesting characters (Kyon and Haruhi) and make something with Itsuki and Yuki as the main characters. 3. Throw in Kotomi from Clannad. That sounds like fun right? Yeah, no.

This is one of the most boring shows I've ever seen, maybe even more boring than Another and School Days. At least those 2 had some interesting things in it.

Anything positive then? The music is actually good. Get the soundtrack, go outside and look at a sunset and take some pictures, that's better than watching this.

0/5 blue skies. Everything is grey:
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png
W6vVhW5.png

welp. I only paid 10 bucks for this so its no big loss if I dont like it lol.

School Days 1

The fuck is this shit? After all the hype, I was expecting something terrifically bad. This is just boring.

THE END IS THE BEGINNING IS THE END

Might I suggest a healthy dose of Puchimas! for those who just finished School Days

tumblr_mkasc6zuVd1reu6dpo2_500.gif

tumblr_n45qpwaE0z1s2s76zo1_500.gif

I fully condone this.

We need more Yami impressions.

YESYESYESYESYES

i might just do that

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!

Aikatsu! 71

Ice cream doesn't expire?

It lasts a looooooong time.

YamiHat 01

This guy must have operated the camera during the flashbacks.

There's yuri sisters, one of which is mute and gets abducted by aliens at midnight, spies on a train, a witch and a weird talking chick.

And there's something about Adam and Eve and a second world.

I'm sure things will start to make more sense later on.

I cant wait for your impressions! :D
SO excite

School Days 12 [END]

WHAT........ THE.......... FUCK........

I... Don't.... Can't.... But she was.... And then.... But tea..... And the boat at the end.....

I....

I.....

Clannad+3.gif

large.gif

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
OH YES

By the way, this came out on DVD. I was finally able to get my hands on a physical copy of this masterpiece. Its mine forever.

Jex

[Sagebu] - 3

It looks like they focused a lot of their production time/budget on the first two episodes because this one looks extremely cheap. It's still fun, but the humour really comes across when the visuals are more kinetic and not so, er, boring.

Sengoku BASARA Judge End 03

Lvz7ScUl.jpg

Ieyasu flies around on his giant robot and asks everyone if they'll make an alliance with him.

And everyone just screams no at him afterwards.

Poor Ieyasu.

It is interesting how flawed the three other main characters are getting. And Ieyasu is basically needing a good publicist right now.
I love how most reactions were: "Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

cajunator

Banned
I.... need to go lay down.

My own mental stability right now isn't in the best place.

I was honestly laughing most of the time about how this guy really thought with his other head. But that end. I knew this was a fucking cautionary tale. I am simply horrified right now.

A cautionary tale indeed. Yall would be wise to heed this warning!
Get some rest. youve earned it.

Only possible in anime, so good!

! So much ketchup

Oh god.

Someone please recommend something happy, funny and pure to cleanse my anime soul. For the love of god someone.

All the shows Zachy suggested
Hidamari Sketch
Aria
Non Non Biyori
Kiniro Mosaic

plus Gochiusa, Acchi Kocchi, Potemayo, Nichijou, Kill Me Baby, and you might even require some Tiny Snow Fairy Sugar after that.

YamiHat 02

Uh-huh. She gets surprised when people don't think she's a man.

Lots of spies gets killed and as always when there's spies there's some double crossing involved.

We get the first look at the second world with goblins and presumably an evil ballet dancer guy.

And out of nowhere there's a narrator? Oh, well. At least the train was saved from blowing up. Wait... Why did Hazuki and witch girl take the train at all? And the girl with the food trolley knew Hazuki somehow?

IT WILL
NEVER
MAKE SENSE!

The only person who likes Kill Me Baby!

NOPE.
KMB is well loved. I even have the DVD yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom