• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Sabagebu ep 3
Comedy of the season. Sorry Nozaki-kun.

Mokarin is fucking brutal, she didn't one shot those elementary school kids but straight up execute them with many shots. I can't believe having such a terrible person as a MC could be damn hilarious.

Momoko is the chosen one

The one MC to rule them all

cajunator

Banned
Is it TnC-tier yet?

Oh...WOW. Thats a pretty major mistake.

Lol I guess it's one of those shows That not only looked yaoi it actually was. Glad I dropped it.

Avoid No. 6 while youre at it.

I do. I like all the Madoka characters in fact.

But you know what I don't like?

(Madoka Movie 3 Rebellion Spoilers)

Perfectly good and acceptable endings to a franchise getting retconned in a sequel with no plans for a sequel AFTER that sequel.

Well you dont HAVE to watch the movie!

I see the ending as the biggest "because fuck youuuu" in anime that I've seen.

Nah that pales in comparison to end of Evangelion. I dunno if you remember the impact that movie made but it was Anno straight up sticking his middle fingers up to fans in the most epic FUCK YOU imaginable in time and space. Its effect is still felt to this day as people wake up in a cold sweat at night thinking about how fucked up it was.

So. Blade and Soul. Can either of the two people here who watched it (R_thanatos and ???) tell me whether this girl features in it? If so I think I'm obligated to check it out irrespective of its quality.

No shes not but OH MY GOD
Also, I found this
QafNyhc.jpg

BluWacky

That show started out with the basics. Weak lead with childhood friend. Then he leaves. Then he meets the guy and I'm all "ah so that will be his friend who will guide him and make him stronger"

Then all the flirting started and I realized I had made a huge mistake.

Can you be a little more tactful when it comes to slagging off yaoi, perhaps? As suggested when you originally went all gay panic on Dramatical Murder, a show with gay men does not inherently make it bad, which is how all your phrasing comes across - just as with lesbians, or heterosexual relationships.

Neither Dramatical Murder nor No 6 are bad because they have gay romance in them. No 6 is a bit dull and Dramatical Murder is massively hampered by its budget. But there is a middle ground between DTL's near unquestioning love of anything BL and this seemingly blanket dismissal of it that it would be nice if we could aim to meet.

Sorry about that should've specified. I don't mind non-hetero shows when they tackle actual issues. What was that show called again? Wayward Son? That's on my list. But so many shows are pandering (at least for me) so I can't take them seriously and feel uncomfortable. No. 6 wasn't as bad as dramatical murder, at least what I saw, I just wanted to make an arrested development joke as it came out of complete left field for me. DRAMAtical murder I will not apologize for as Google fucked me up.

sonicmj1

Yama no Susume 2 1

This is some soothing stuff.

The storylines haven't changed too much from the first season, but moving from 3:30 episodes to half-length means more teaching moments, more subplots, and more room for cute girls doing cute things. In some ways, it's almost too much. But as an episode meant to bring the viewer up to speed with the new season, I can see why they might have wanted to take it slower.

I wonder how the stuff with Aoi's mom will be handled going forward.

Sabagebu 1

I like crazy, but this could be too crazy for me. It's pretty aggressively referential and meta, which sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I like the Dirty Harry gag that opens the show, and the payoff to the bullying part really caught me off-guard in a good way. But I don't know if it's funny enough for me to enjoy spending time with this cast. I have to give it another episode to be sure.

At the very least, I admire its bravery and commitment.

Sailor Moon 21

Things gets a little bit meta as the Sailor Guardians visit an animation studio. Even the enemies in this episode are monsters who use Mercury and Mars attacks. Interesting mix of the transformation sequences and there's a neat insert song.

because i couldnt stop watching and thinking about it

only got 4 hours of sleep
Yeah catching up with my shows last night was horrible. Finished watching at like 1:30 am and could only go to sleep at like 2 am. And i still have tokyo ghoul and esp to watch. Woke up at 6 today. Fml. And my office mates are either sick or on vacation so as an intern I can't do shit without them. It's hard enough staying awake without shit to do at work.

TUSR

Banned
Yeah catching up with my shows last night was horrible. Finished watching at like 1:30 am and could only go to sleep at like 2 am. And i still have tokyo ghoul and esp to watch. Woke up at 6 today. Fml. And my office mates are either sick or on vacation so as an intern I can't do shit without them. It's hard enough staying awake without shit to do at work.

yeah i know what thats like... you can't really make calls on anything.

I spotted you in the OoT 18:10 thread. I GOT YOUR BACK, BRAH.

i really dont understand why people go into that thread, shit post about glitches and then never leave another comment.

Defuser

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ep 3

Oh wow I totally didn't recognized Nakahara Mai's voice as Kashima, totally different range from all the different roles she voiced, I'm impressed. Yeah, Drama president and Kashima chemistry is great.

i really dont understand why people go into that thread, shit post about glitches and then never leave another comment.

Pretty much just general ignorance about speedrunning and what that entails. The idea of "categories" for each game seems to be blowing some people's minds.

ANY WAY, still can't wait for you to finish Madoka.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun ep 3

Oh wow I totally didn't recognized Nakahara Mai's voice as Kashima, totally different range from all the different roles she voiced, I'm impressed. Yeah, Drama president and Kashima chemistry is great.

Yeah, she blew my goddamn mind. I didn't get any sense of Nakahara Mai until the next episode preview when she was going "TATAKAU ZO", and that's the point I went and looked it up.

mankoto

Rokujyouma no Shinryakusha 2

Landlady>Ghost>Not so magical Magical Girl> Mummy>Princess's servant>Knit club pres>Princess

Questionable tastes aside, I honestly love how they decide to give nameless characters no eyes just to show how unimportant they are.

TUSR

Banned
Pretty much just general ignorance about speedrunning and what that entails. The idea of "categories" for each game seems to be blowing some people's minds.

ANY WAY, still can't wait for you to finish Madoka.

To be fair, OOT has probably the most categories and versions of any game played because of its popularity.

Me too... I have 6 hours of work left and im considering giving my notice.

To be fair, OOT has probably the most categories and versions of any game played because of its popularity.

Me too... I have 6 hours of work left and im considering giving my notice.

Yeah, though it's not the number of categories that they're having problems with. It's that "100%" apparently doesn't mean glitchless and doesn't actually mean getting all the items in the game, for example.

And Madoka is good, but it's not LOSE YOUR JOB good. Don't worry. We'll all still be here waiting patiently for the meltdown.

VRMN

Yeah, though it's not the number of categories that they're having problems with. It's that "100%" apparently doesn't mean glitchless and doesn't actually mean getting all the items in the game, for example.

I remember someone going off about that during the SGDQ 2014 bonus stream. That category names that don't accurately describe what the runner is doing are garbage. I can't say I disagree.

As for Madoka...yeah, the last disc is a trip. As for the films, I think the last one is only crap if they don't do a proper sequel to follow it up.

He does pushing the title hard tho lol

I push it because of the fights when actual antagonists show up, the creativity put into the design and abilities of the weapons, and the insanity faces/eyes on certain characters. Art is also a factor in the manga, which unfortunately didn't translate as well to anime as I had hoped.

The grimdarkness is a fun bonus that didn't become very relevant in my enjoyment of the series until after where the anime will end.

TUSR

Banned

And Madoka is good, but it's not LOSE YOUR JOB good. Don't worry. We'll all still be here waiting patiently for the meltdown.

Hah I'm just fed up with the place I'm at. I've worked here before, but every time i come back it becomes worse.

EoE was good and it fixed and cleared a lot of things up. Plus Asuka lived so yolo.

I push it because of the fights when actual antagonists show up, the creativity put into the design and abilities of the weapons, and the insanity faces/eyes on certain characters. Art is also a factor in the manga, which unfortunately didn't translate as well to anime as I had hoped.

The grimdarkness is a fun bonus that didn't become very relevant in my enjoyment of the series until after where the anime will end.

Yeah unfortunately that happens with some manga adaptions where the art isn't translated well into the anime. Makes it feel a bit inferior.

Though the adaption isn't bad.

This is how I feel pretty much down to the letter. Man, I can't put my finger on it but Tatsumi's face is just bad in the anime when compared to the manga. It's pretty much my main gripe with the adaptation so far.

Well to answer your question:
Yes loser guy did get laid. No it was not rape as he was the rebound guy.
I believe everything else you got right.

Hmm, I didn't think Katsura would do that.
Especially considering she I'd practically the only one Itou hasn't had sex with yet.

Sailor Moon 22

This episode guest stars Velma.

Story heavy episode in which another Dark Kingdom character is seen, the Sailor Guardians finds out a little bit more about Tuxedo Mask and Usagi gets drunk and
gets a kiss from Tuxedo Mask

cajunator

Banned

Youre lucky. I havent called in sick in 12 years of working.
And when others call in sick I have to in take their place.

I spotted you in the OoT 18:10 thread. I GOT YOUR BACK, BRAH.

Which thread? link?

Kazzy

I watched When Marnie Was There earlier today - it was okay. For what was a very simplistic story, it doesn't half go through some hoops (and melodrama) to reach its conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom