• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on the job psycho tbh I'm not surprised Key hired you after all the ministry of propaganda you do here :p

It took them long enough to notice, but at least they finally did. Now I can spread the good word of Clannad, Kanon, Air, Little Busters and Angel Beats to everyone!*

*I am not actually working at Key. :,(
I am working at another(slightly bigger) game company. :D

Ryuukan

I don't think his films have a good sense of atmosphere either now that I think about it.

I'll admit I'm being overly harsh but I think Kiki, Howl, Totoro and The Wind Rises all rubbed the wrong way.

EoWhVz6.gif

Chariot

why are you people

so fucking

weird

Going back to mangaf where the posters are somewhat saner.
I've seen worse stuff in that thread than my nipple.

Wait.

You're still doing it wrong then. Your heart is on the left side, not your right!
Yeah, well... errr. MAKE A BETTER OWN CHEST LIST! BAKA!

tfw you'll never have a gaffer write your name on his/her chest[/spoiler]
:(

I dunno if their laws of GAF that cover what Chariot has done, but I am sure that god will judge accordingly.
God never made any rules regarding that people should wear clothes. In fact he created us naked and the wish of not being naked threw us out of paradise. I am the pure one here.

Chariot..... I don't..... Think that's how lists work.....
I know, I should've used my nipples as bulletpoints.

It took them long enough to notice, but at least they finally did. Now I can spread the good word of Clannad, Kanon, Air, Little Busters and Angel Beats to everyone!*
YAY!

*I am not actually working at Key. :,(
Awww :(

And now time for some listing that doesen't require my body.

Top-Tier
Book of Circus - My favorite arc of the manga and so far pretty good adapted. I am gonna feel the ride.
Sabagebu - Top notch. Evil MCs like that are rare and the way the show twists typical shoujo plots and conclusions is just too funny.
Terror in Resonance - Actually my favorite so far. It's great on every level and I love it. Looking really forward to new episodes.

Mid-Tier
Alnoah.Zero - GAF don't seem to like it that much, but I liked the last episode very much. I also like Urobuchi.
Barakamon - Very funny, but I already said something to the thing I disliked. Sometimes the show should sit down and stop the jokes or don't even pretend to care about possible drama.
Nozaki-kun - Very cute, I love how it spins and spices typical character archetypes.
Space Dandy S2 - Well, it's dandy.
Yama no Susume - My feelgood show. Enjoyed the first season and already enyjoing the longer episodes.

Low-Tier
Illya 2wei! - I kinda want to drop it. The lewd goes out of hand.

Swag-Tier
Persona 4 the Golden Animation - hawt.

Shit-Tier
Tokyo ESP - Horrible adaption, just watch it to warn people about it.

Not my cup of tea Tier
Akame Ga Kill - I don't like the shifts from gore to humor.

???:
Re: Hamatora - Still don't know about Hamatora. It's enteraining, but the show just does as it pleases and I just can't guess what it is actually doing.

wait is that actually chariot?
K-On GAF and Love Live GAF would already know :D

I think that I'm in love.
Aww.

Also I can explain Phoenix name. I just don't care about his h.

The way he tells his stories all have this heart warming tone to them and as such, they all feel really limited in what they accomplish. I didn't really like Kiki for this exact reason because it all feels rote. It feels like the characters are there to pander to someone rather than feel like characters in their own right. There have been directors who have done children movies but done much more in the context of their individual films or works, than what I feel Miyazaki has accomplished.

I don't think his films have a good sense of atmosphere either now that I think about it.

I'll admit I'm being overly harsh but I think Kiki, Howl, Totoro and The Wind Rises all rubbed me the wrong way.

I guess Spirited Away rubbed you the wrong way too.

Blusby

Favorite:
Aldnoah.Zero (I really want this to become animu of the season, Takeyama-dono pls don't let me down)
Zankyou no Terror
Barakamon
Nozaki-kun
Akame ga Kill!

Good:
Sailor Moon Crystal (Despite disgusting spaghetti limbs)
Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
Ao Haru Ride
Sabagebu!
Illya 2wei!
Persona 4 Golden
Free: Eternal Summer
Gundam-san

Okay:
Tokyo Ghoul
Tokyo ESP
Himegoto
Yami Shibai 2

Boring shit:
Glasslip
Hanayamata

SAO-tier:
SAO II

Pre-order cancelled then. Thanks for the warning! I'd found some basic info about her and was grabbing all the decent fan-art I could find because, well, dat design. Her entrance scene and theme are both pretty neat as well.

I did see that, thanks! Though looking at it again's just made me realise she's doing the Nico Nico Ni.

About 84.52% of the recent fan-art for her's been NSFW, but have this in return:

38907928rfr8.jpg

You have it good , i don't start posting those pictures because i wouldn't nnoty when to stop ..glad you know restraint :p
DA BEST GODESS

Midonin

M3 14

Exploring Mahmu's inner troubles genuinely got my attention. The loner, the writer, she's been one of the characters I've been most interested in. The way the flashbacks and the present intersected, with Mahmu finally taking control of a robot on her own, worked. The show's atmosphere is still super-depressing, and Natsuiri is still morally ambiguous leaning towards outright villainy, but the addition of the new OP and ED (and it's Nano doing a full English song, that's kinda cool) means that as the show pulls into the second half, I'm very slowly coming around to it.

Captain Earth is still my favorite ongoing mecha series, but M3's slowly realizing itself.

Favorite:
Aldnoah.Zero (I really want this to become animu of the season, Takeyama-dono pls don't let me down)
Zankyou no Terror
Barakamon
Nozaki-kun
Akame ga Kill!

Good:
Sailor Moon Crystal (Despite disgusting spaghetti limbs)
Kuroshitsuji: Book of Circus
Ao Haru Ride
Sabagebu!
Illya 2wei!
Persona 4 Golden
Free: Eternal Summer
Gundam-san

Okay:
Tokyo Ghoul
Tokyo ESP
Himegoto
Yami Shibai 2

Boring shit:
Glasslip
Hanayamata

SAO-tier:
SAO II
SAO is on such another level that it gets its own tier? Amazing.

Agreed with everything else but Hanayamata and Sailor Moon, though with Hanayamata I can understand how someone could view it as boring.

I did have some issues with that but the film was fine in general, I'm certainly not wild about it. I do like a number of Miyazaki's films like Porco Rosso, Laputa, and Mononoke.

I've only seen one Miyazaki film and that was Princess Mononoke. It was very different from any other film I'd seen. The music was very subtle and there was really no good or evil side. Every faction had their own beliefs that the viewer could understand and it handled the conflict between them very well.

K-On GAF and Love Live GAF would already know :D

I'm on both and I don't remember at all (or my mind blocked it out for me). I don't think I'll forget now that you misspelt my name.

Lol , next post you'll tell us you haven't seen akira

I haven't seen Akira. I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell. I haven't seen Bebop. I've only seen one Miyazaki film. I don't know who Lum or Goku is. Do I win yet?

M3 14

Exploring Mahmu's inner troubles genuinely got my attention. The loner, the writer, she's been one of the characters I've been most interested in. The way the flashbacks and the present intersected, with Mahmu finally taking control of a robot on her own, worked. The show's atmosphere is still super-depressing, and Natsuiri is still morally ambiguous leaning towards outright villainy, but the addition of the new OP and ED (and it's Nano doing a full English song, that's kinda cool) means that as the show pulls into the second half, I'm very slowly coming around to it.

Captain Earth is still my favorite ongoing mecha series, but M3's slowly realizing itself.
I dropped/forgot about this at episode 8. Would you say the story is worth picking it back up for?

Chariot

Chariot is on my shit tier now because nozaki kun isn't on the top tier. I am shedding tears over your tiers and and I will tear your apart Lisa
Oh hi, doggy.
I didn't hit Nozaki, I didn't hit him, it's not true, it's bullshit, I did not hit him, I did naat.
Things is, I enjoy it very much, but I don't just put everything in top tier, that would devalue the category, so I choose only a few that I really like the most.

It's pretty hot so I'm sure most people are browsing with their tops off.
Yup, it's incredible hot here :(
I am actually naked.

KyoAni and Key should partner up again to adapt Rewrite and Planetarian. Both would make great anime. :3

The world needs more Key/KyoAni
Oh yes, you're the man!
I am waiting sad on more Key/Kyo Ani. Why don't they do that anymore? What does J.C. Staff have taht KyoAni doesn't have?

So someone flaunts my butt and now Chariot shows us a nipple? Guess we are one of the same.
Yay! \o\
I guess. Not entirely sure.
Embarrassing.
Satsuki teached me that only the weak are embarred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom