• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
That's probably because it tells one story and doesn't have branching paths, which would be perfect for adapting to anime so they don't have to do nods to other paths people could've taken in the VN.

Also that is madness! Blasphemy!!! Do it KyoAni and Key! Do it!!!

I'd love to see a Rewrite one though. I should get around to reading that...

/XX/

Reminds me of that Minority Report theory.
What specific theory? I love this kind of theories to shows and movies that are most likely not true, but have good arguments so that they could be.
Wasn't that bad, but I rather read theories about shows that don't imply it by their own will.
Of all the "it's was all a dream" theories (from /a/ as well, even) the one I remember the most is 'Ringo-chan only exists on Tadakuni's dreams' from Daily Lives of High School Boys:

/a/ - Animu & Mango » Thread #63392578
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/63392578/#63393120

No order
  • Welcome to the NHK
  • Madoka Magica
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Fate/Zero
  • Space Battle Ship Yamato 2199
  • Plantetes
  • Log Horizon
  • Steins;gate
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Nichijou
  • Lucky Star
  • School Days

Out of this season from what I've seen I like Aldnoah and Terror in Tokyo the most.

Welcome to the NHK was.... weird. I imagine this could be good self reflection for some. :p

School Days? You just want everyone to suffer.

Chariot

Shit huggy, we're on fire!

jpwFgQqHwFdEQ.png

Of all the "it's was all a dream" theories (from /a/ as well, even) the one I remember the most is 'Ringo-chan only exists on Tadakuni's dreams' from Daily Lives of High School Boys:

/a/ - Animu & Mango » Thread #63392578
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/63392578/#63393120
Mhm, sadly I never watched the show. I didn't even know it existed until now.

Link Man

Banned
HaNaYaMaTa 3

Holy crap, lol!

Manager-san is pretty great.

Actually, that whole sequence in the Yosakoi shop was a lot of fun.

Miss Sally-chan for best waifu.

Oh god, they're talking about watching anime while in an anime. My head is swimming.

I think I may have found my favorite comedy this season.

WcDonalds!

Woah, Hana going all philosophical on us.

She's so adorable.
ibbeVNOjqMAw3V.jpg

I know it's a trope, but I'm starting to get tired of this "evil student council" thing.

Rhapsody

Banned
Isn't that technically adapting, since they're not creating something themselves, but adapt the winner of the contest who isn't on of their's. Well, I know they change a lot at times, but it's still an adaption, yes?Wasn't that bad, but I rather read theories about shows that don't imply it by their own will.

It's a different type of adapting. They didn't have to deal with another publisher since KyoAni published the light novel.
A lot of the profits will go to them compared to works they have to adapt.

It won't be something like where Kadokawa getting a fair chunk of the money.

That white haired girl looks like she's going to come out of my nightmares and kill me in my sleep why does she look so freaky? Who gives a character an ET shaped head and giant eyes.

2spooky4me

Oh my God! Your still traumatized from the end. Quickly, get this man into a mental institution! He's almost gone!!

I imagine right now Phoenix's eyes clouded over, all sanity gone, and he's just running on auto pilot. Kind of like a certain so done towards the end of School days....

Do not listen to this man! He spreads the false anime gospel.

Can you be a little more tactful when it comes to slagging off yaoi, perhaps? As suggested when you originally went all gay panic on Dramatical Murder, a show with gay men does not inherently make it bad, which is how all your phrasing comes across - just as with lesbians, or heterosexual relationships.

Neither Dramatical Murder nor No 6 are bad because they have gay romance in them. No 6 is a bit dull and Dramatical Murder is massively hampered by its budget. But there is a middle ground between DTL's near unquestioning love of anything BL and this seemingly blanket dismissal of it that it would be nice if we could aim to meet.

I dont think Ive ever said that everyting bl was quality, I dont think I ever suggested to people to watch Togainu no Chi or Uraboku for example, one bored me and one was rather flawed and weaker than the source.

No. 6 was a great sci-fi show with its two area world, the insect type storyline and some of the mythology of sorts lurking in the background, manga adaptation is one of my most prized pieces in my manga library collection (and all its colour pages it got in ARIA back then). Good anime too. I dont think it should really be grouped into BL discussion since that isnt even its focus.

No order
  • Welcome to the NHK
  • Madoka Magica
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Fate/Zero
  • Space Battle Ship Yamato 2199
  • Plantetes
  • Log Horizon
  • Steins;gate
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Nichijou
  • Lucky Star
  • School Days

Out of this season from what I've seen I like Aldnoah and Terror in Tokyo the most.

Brah you don't like Barakamon or Nozaki-Kun the most.

Though I agree with Terror in Tokyo. Aldnoah Zero seems like the only thing it has going for it is the visuals and the OST is just misplaced. Though I hope it gets better.

Brah you don't like Barakamon or Nozaki-Kun the most.

Though I agree with Terror in Tokyo. Aldnoah Zero seems like the only thing it has going for it is the visuals and the OST is just misplaced. Though I hope it gets better.
I've only seen one episode from both of those. Not enough to make a judgement yet.

Haha dat anime compatability <3

That's not a good thing. I didn't think you were that lewd huguu.

Chariot

It's a different type of adapting. They didn't have to deal with another publisher since KyoAni published the light novel.
A lot of the profits will go to them compared to works they have to adapt.

It won't be something like where Kadokawa getting a fair chunk of the money.
Yes, it's still not really an original work, yes?
Just nitpicking here, I just want more Key/KyoAni adaptions :(

I expected as much, but Rebuild of Evanglion 4.0: Final is slated to hit theaters at the end of 2015: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-4th-new-evangelion-film-reported-date/.76869

I can't wait for that first cm.
Yay....!
I am still mad about 3.33 smashing my face with a shovel.

Go watch it now! Daily lives of high school boys is legit.
I remember it, I think I have to finish Hidamari Sketch before that.

That white haired girl looks like she's going to come out of my nightmares and kill me in my sleep why does she look so freaky? Who gives a character an ET shaped head and giant eyes.

2spooky4me
I wanna have your nightmares, she actually look quite ok in the picture.

Midonin

Blue Spring Ride 03

I'm rooting for you, Futaba. Boost that confidence. Change your image without changing the nice person you are inside. And if she can use that to change the perception of people like Makita, all the better.

cajunator

Banned
why are you people

so fucking

weird

Going back to mangaf where the posters are somewhat saner.

Chariot is a bit unorthodoxed but I dunno about weird. Hes alright.

Pre-order cancelled then. Thanks for the warning! I'd found some basic info about her and was grabbing all the decent fan-art I could find because, well, dat design. Her entrance scene and theme are both pretty neat as well.

I did see that, thanks! Though looking at it again's just made me realise she's doing the Nico Nico Ni.

About 84.52% of the recent fan-art for her's been NSFW, but have this in return:

38907928rfr8.jpg

I noticed thats what she was doing. Makes it even better!

Chariot

Alright, I edited it in and I will add it here. My Anime List

I am up for anything. I know I have missed a lot of the classics, but currently anything good will do.
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is very good and is always a good addition to any list.

I'm at 61.5% with Chariot, 45%(lol) with phoenix, and 58.6% with Mike.

Edit: And 66.6% with Namikaze. Fantastic.
And here I thought we had something special :,(

Chariot is a bit unorthodoxed but I dunno about weird. Hes alright.
Awww :3

TUSR

Banned
I leave to inspect some vessels and come back to a Evangelion 4.0 'date'.

That's more than me. The only anime I watched was Pokemon. I also watched a bit of Sailor Moon. It was pushed so hard in Canada because they did the dub here.

Sugar from YTV was Rini. Mark Hildreth did Heero in Gundam Wing.

I'm at 61.5% with Chariot, 45%(lol) with phoenix, and 58.6% with Mike.

Edit: And 66.6% with Namikaze. Fantastic.

What? Who are you on MAL?

I leave to inspect some vessels and come back to a Evangelion 4.0 'date'.

Sugar from YTV was Rini. Mark Hildreth did Heero in Gundam Wing.

Yea and she never failed to mention it every time she was on. Her voice was so weird haha. Carlos is still on YTV. I don't know how long he's been on there. He looks the same to, the guy doesn't age.

And here I thought we had something special :,(

Don't get me wrong, I love you
But does that mean I have to meet your father
When we are older you'll understand what I meant when I said, "no
I don't think life is quite that simple"

What? Who are you on MAL?

BWAHAHAHA. You'll never know.

No, but seriously, I just searched your username since it was in Chariot's screenshot of your compatibility.

Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Panaru

Rhapsody

Banned
You guys can add me http://myanimelist.net/profile/Minato_EP

I haven't updated it in awhile. There's a lot of movies and anime I haven't even added on there yet.
Maybe I should get around to adding them eventually...

Probably later this summer.

And my ratings are weird. Some I rate on enjoyment, others I rate on what they deserve.

YamiHat 04

We now follow the story of a girl from the last episode which is now grown up. So grown up that she's 100 years old. And that evil ballet dancer guy is back and he's
the childhood friend of that girl and the one who stabbed Eve/Jill in the last episode.

And then Lilith seems to be working with that evil guy.

Where's Hazuki though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom