• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Yeahhhhh growing up I was never really watched anime and I sure as hell didn't stay current with the seasons. Before November of last year I probably watched 5 shows to completion, and earlier this year I was putting down 2 cour shows in 2 days.

There is just so much content out there its hard to decide if I should stay current or pound out the backlog. The struggle is real.

Edit: Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, DBZ, Inu Yasha, Love Hina, and Ranma 1/2.

So 6.

Yuyushiki was a pretty adorable and comfy anime. Feel bad for all the good shows and movies lost in my backlog.

Time for GochiUsa and Inari I guess.

Yeahhhhh growing up I was never really watched anime and I sure as hell didn't stay current with the seasons. Before November of last year I probably watched 5 shows to completion, and earlier this year I was putting down 2 cour shows in 2 days.

There is just so much content out there its hard to decide if I should stay current or pound out the backlog. The struggle is real.

Edit: Gundam Wing, Escaflowne, DBZ, Inu Yasha, Love Hina, and Ranma 1/2.

So 6.

That's more than me. The only anime I watched was Pokemon. I also watched a bit of Sailor Moon. It was pushed so hard in Canada because they did the dub here.

School Days - 12

So, I believe he had sex with all 7 girls. My one prediction was true, and that was someone would commit murder. Well, two people actually committed murder! Makoto definitely deserved it, but the (also predictable) twist at the end made him a very little less deserving (that is, for cheating on two girls and having sex with 7 in total, he still deserved to die because he was messed in the head). The fact that Sekai was pregnant was obvious, but she was cut open to find this fact out...
I gotta say, this anime was awful and I only watched it to find out why it is talked about so much. Good thing Makoto's voice actor doesn't use the same voice for his roles, or else I would be reminded of him often.

Anyone have any recommendations for what I should watch next? I can add myanimelist if you want to see what I have already watched (it doesn't have everything I have ever watched, but it has a lot of it).

Edit: My Anime List

Chariot

Yuyushiki was a pretty adorable and comfy anime. Feel bad for all the good shows and movies lost in my backlog.

Time for GochiUsa and Inari I guess.
Obligatory.
ihc3buMDCV8f3.jpg

Oh yes, you're the man!
I am waiting sad on more Key/Kyo Ani. Why don't they do that anymore? What does J.C. Staff have taht KyoAni doesn't have?

Nothing. JC Staff did an fine enough job on Little Busters buy KyoAni would've done a lot better.

Just join forces again and make great anime. Key has been a bit quiet so I hope they are working with someone right now to adapt those two VN's.

Chariot

Anyone have any recommendations for what I should watch next? I can add myanimelist if you want to see what I have already watched (it doesn't have everything I have ever watched, but it has a lot of it).
Add me, please.

Reminds me of that Minority Report theory.
What specific theory? I love this kind of theories to shows and movies that are most likely not true, but have good arguments so that they could be.

4chan theories are always legit.
Of course, it's only one step away from wikipedia.

Midonin

Hanayamata 03

Getting minor shades of Love Live from the end of the episode. Also wasn't expecting the James Bond gag in the beginning, and it leading into some of Climb's educational nature, only regarding yosakoi. Most of the runtime was spent on Yaya and Hannah bonding with each other, and it was infectiously cute with how much they were arguing and yet really getting along. Naru didn't have a very big role, but I'll prefer heroines like her and Nyanako every time. Also ties into what I was mentioning before. Kirara's produced a lot of series that have plenty of overlap, but this feels completely different than GochiUsa. Much more meditative and dealing with themes of expression.

Rhapsody

Banned
KyoAni and Key should partner up again to adapt Rewrite and Planetarian. Both would make great anime. :3

The world needs more Key/KyoAni
I actually didn't like Planetarian all that much, it was just kind of there.
Oh yes, you're the man!
I am waiting sad on more Key/Kyo Ani. Why don't they do that anymore? What does J.C. Staff have taht KyoAni doesn't have?
Might be because KyoAni can make more money off of original creations instead of just adaptations.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't say that. F/Z was one of the first animu I watched and nothing has come close since. I guess it's time to just give up on animu.

I know that feeling. I've spent over 160 days of my life watching anime and its one of the best ones I've watched.

Eventually you'll find something else that clicks for you though.

I actually would love a list of good anime from people like you. I trust your taste to not be too terribly far away from mine (in terms of how much lewd is in it) . First sign of strike witches though I abandon ship.

And i just realized I need to watch second legend of galactic heroes OVA today.

YamiHat 03

Ok, so this is like Myst the anime. People go into books and live in them. We see Hazuki and Lilith jumping into 2 different ones and then one where Eve/Hatsumi/Jill is living in some world many years ago.

That train story seems to be set after the stuff in this episode too, and it looks like that food trolley girl is popping up everywhere, so I guess she's also book jumping somehow.

Rhapsody

Banned
KyoAni make original creations?

They did a light novel contest for Chuunibyou iirc. They chose one to get published and to get an anime iirc.
That one wasn't straight up created by the staff, but the approach of it isn't like other adaptations.

After that there's Tamako Market and Free.

Seems like they're finally adapting again with Amagi Brilliant Park.

cajunator

Banned
Is Madoka really meltdown worthy? I just thought it was a fun ride.

Nah but its quite an entertaining watch the first time.

Thankies

Steins before Hyouka

Never.

Save the best for last. I fully agree!

You know people say the first half of Steins;Gate is boring. I haven't seen it yet, but is it true.

Actually its not because there are subtleties that tie into the plot. Very important little details that seem at first mundane. thats the beauty of Steins Gate.

Blusby

Your joking right.

No need to be so mean :'(

New animu based off of a smartphone game, will probably suck: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...s-anime-with-akira-ishida-ayane-sakura/.76878

You know people say the first half of Steins;Gate is boring. I haven't seen it yet, but is it true.
Nah, the first half of S;G is hilarious, has genuine chuuni humor that chuu2 wishes that it could achieve, people just have terrible taste.

I actually didn't like Planetarian all that much, it was just kind of there.

Might be because KyoAni can make more money off of original creations instead of just adaptations.

That's probably because it tells one story and doesn't have branching paths, which would be perfect for adapting to anime so they don't have to do nods to other paths people could've taken in the VN.

Also that is madness! Blasphemy!!! Do it KyoAni and Key! Do it!!!

I actually would love a list of good anime from people like you. I trust your taste to not be too terribly far away from mine (in terms of how much lewd is in it) . First sign of strike witches though I abandon ship.

No order
  • Welcome to the NHK
  • Madoka Magica
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Fate/Zero
  • Space Battle Ship Yamato 2199
  • Plantetes
  • Log Horizon
  • Steins;gate
  • Ergo Proxy
  • Nichijou
  • Lucky Star
  • School Days

Out of this season from what I've seen I like Aldnoah and Terror in Tokyo the most.

Chariot

They did a light novel contest for Chuunibyou iirc. They chose one to get published and to get an anime iirc.
That one wasn't straight up created by the staff, but the approach of it isn't like other adaptations.

After that there's Tamako Market and Free.

Seems like they're finally adapting again with Amagi Brilliant Park.
Isn't that technically adapting, since they're not creating something themselves, but adapt the winner of the contest who isn't on of their's. Well, I know they change a lot at times, but it's still an adaption, yes?
Wasn't that bad, but I rather read theories about shows that don't imply it by their own will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom