• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

I haven't seen Akira, but I've seen Mononoke and Bebop. What do I win?

I haven't seen Akira. I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell. I haven't seen Bebop. I've only seen one Miyazaki film. I don't know who Lum or Goku is. Do I win yet?

Yo I haven't seen Akira, no joke.

Congratulations you have won the right to be reminded that you MUST see this movie.

NO but.

Just watch it.
The only valid reason why this movie is not in your backlog is because you've already seen it.No other reason accepted, just add it in your backlog.

You guys can add me http://myanimelist.net/profile/Minato_EP

I haven't updated it in awhile. There's a lot of movies and anime I haven't even added on there yet.
Maybe I should get around to adding them eventually...

Probably later this summer.

And my ratings are weird. Some I rate on enjoyment, others I rate on what they deserve.

Friend request sent. 72.3% compatibility. That's the highest so far for me with another AnimeGAFer.

88.9% with wonzo
85.3% with narag
82.5% with ultima

i5mQvFoLQxgdJ.png

You know I gave up trying to update my MAL. I started an account but then I quickly realized there were shows I was missing because there were some I only remembered the English names to. After 6 hours of going down the list from A-Z I just stopped. Now I just let people ask me if I have seen something before. It's easier.

But one day. Maybe...

Don't get me wrong, I love you
But does that mean I have to meet your father
When we are older you'll understand what I meant when I said, "no
I don't think life is quite that simple"

I love you. Er, I mean...

Watch Madoka Magica.

Magical girl anime is all I know about it. What makes it good?

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex is very good and is always a good addition to any list.

I don't like very many mech anime. Reading up, it is about police and a hacker who are all enhanced with machines? I can try it, but does it take long to get good?

Why did you drop Ace of Diamond?

I use the drop section as kind of a distant on-hold section. For Ace of Diamond, I was busy so I fell behind on episodes and never bothered to catch up. Although I believe I may have dropped it right before it started to get good.

I don't share enough with you to have a percentage with you :(

That says something about one of us.

TUSR

Banned
Yea and she never failed to mention it every time she was on. Her voice was so weird haha. Carlos is still on YTV. I don't know how long he's been on there. He looks the same to, the guy doesn't age.

I'm not sure if you remember Tarzan Dan, he was the host of the morning radio show where I live for years. I think he came before Phil on the Zone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, some people acknowledged this the moment Mr. Miyazaki decided to use a middle-age man instead of the usual anthropomorphic male pig as a protagonist (and because of this being his farewell too). The vicious critic of Mr. Miyazaki's work (and practically the work of anyone, really) that is Mamoru Oshii surprisingly celebrated this as an accomplishment of someone finally releasing his own desires, an actual liberation from previous needs of creating patronizing messages aimed at others, while using this protagonist as a vehicle:

/a/ - Animu & Mango » Thread #88814283
http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/88814283/
I bet Oshii also can relate to the film himself, so he can't completely hate it. lol

I also really enjoyed the first episode. Looking forward to watching more soon!
It does interest me, although the show sadly seems not so popular with the rest of animegaf.
There are too many all-girl shows now I guess. lol

BWAHAHAHA. You'll never know.

No, but seriously, I just searched your username since it was in Chariot's screenshot of your compatibility.

Here's mine: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Panaru

It's probably because I don't hand out 10s like candy. I'm not IGN! The only 10 I have ever given you gave a 4 so that's probably going to skew it even more.

Magical girl anime is all I know about it. What makes it good?

If I told you, I'd spoil it. Just watch it and post impressions here. It's best to go in not knowing anything about it. (That's what I did)

I'm not sure if you remember Tarzan Dan, he was the host of the morning radio show where I live for years. I think he came before Phil on the Zone.

The name is ringing a few bells but I can't remember for sure. I'm assuming you live in Ontario because that's where YTV is based.

You know I gave up trying to update my MAL. I started an account but then I quickly realized there were shows I was missing because there were some I only remembered the English names to. After 6 hours of going down the list from A-Z I just stopped. Now I just let people ask me if I have seen something before. It's easier.

But one day. Maybe...

I love you. Er, I mean...

I know what you mean. It took me like 8 straight hours when I first setup my MAL account. I don't ever want to lose that shit again so I'm constantly backing up the XML file, but I don't think that file keeps track of number of times rewatched.

And I love you too. Bros can hug, right?

Right?

It's probably because I don't hand out 10s like candy. I'm not IGN! The only 10 I have ever given you gave a 4 so that's probably going to skew it even more.

I know I hand out 10s like candy. Read my profile; I don't use the rating system as an objective measure of quality.

Chariot

:(

I don't like very many mech anime. Reading up, it is about police and a hacker who are all enhanced with machines? I can try it, but does it take long to get good?
No, its fantastic immediately. It's not mecha, it's cyberpunk. It's essential a show about special military police unit that takes out inner dangers for the country.

Alright, I edited it in and I will add it here. My Anime List

I am up for anything. I know I have missed a lot of the classics, but currently anything good will do.

I see next to no slice of life on your list. Try Non Non Biyori? Lots of others if you like that.

You're now the one I got the highest compatibility with that posts in this thread :p

There's somebody else who I got 93.3% compatibility with that doesn't post here though.

Oh, and my username on MAL is the same as on here.

You guys can add me http://myanimelist.net/profile/Minato_EP

I haven't updated it in awhile. There's a lot of movies and anime I haven't even added on there yet.
Maybe I should get around to adding them eventually...

Probably later this summer.

And my ratings are weird. Some I rate on enjoyment, others I rate on what they deserve.

Oh hey look at that. We are super anime comparable. High five.

Though this is probably mainly due to me not adding everything to my list. I have 100+ more things to add on the list.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/PshycoNinja

Ehhh you can drop Hidamari Sketch or at least put Daily lives of highschool boys ahead of it.

Also guess I'll drop mine while were at it. I don't rate anything though. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mokoi

You watched the rebuilds before Neon Genesis. You're doing it wrong.

I remember messing around with this with MAL http://mal.oko.im/

Kinda fun just to see stats and whatnot. Even if some of the favorites and recommendations aren't all accurate.

I'm under the average score for almost everything. My compatibility is going to be shit.

If I told you, I'd spoil it. Just watch it and post impressions here. It's best to go in not knowing anything about it. (That's what I did)

Alright, I will give it a try. Is the type of anime where I should keep the volume low so others don't hear it?

No, its fantastic immediately. It's not mecha, it's cyberpunk. It's essential a show about special military police unit that takes out inner dangers for the country.

I will give it a try today. Thanks.

I see next to no slice of life on your list. Try Non Non Biyori? Lots of others if you like that.

I've got Servant x Service. I might try that, but it doesn't sound too interesting (neither did Barakamon but it is in season's best).

I've got Servant x Service. I might try that, but it doesn't sound too interesting (neither did Barakamon but it is in season's best).

I loved SxS because there was a resolution.
Not because I'm in love with Toyosaki Aki.
There was one character I disliked, but the hatred was mitigated by the fact that all I could picture was Kogoro from Detective Conan when he spoke.

Hugstable

Banned
It just happened that way.

In due time. I just never got around to it. Perhaps I'll finally start this weekend.

You saw the Rebuilds without watching the original series? They are different enough to where it doesn't matter and doesn't spoil everything, but alot of the Rebuild, especially 2, expects you to pretty much have knowledge of the series beforehand to understand what's going on haha. You should watch it this weekend, it's a pretty crazy ride near the end with EoE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom