• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
F/Z sucks

F/SN sucks more

the entire F/* property is shit

that loli magical girl show is the worst tho

giphy.gif

someone had to say it.

I loved SxS because there was a resolution.
Not because I'm in love with Toyosaki Aki.
There was one character I disliked, but the hatred was mitigated by the fact that all I could picture was Kogoro from Detective Conan when he spoke.

I don't think the bunny sounds anything like Kogorou even if it is the same voice actor. Now, the guy that plays Zoro from One Piece is in everything and many times I find his voice out of place.

If you're asking if there is anything lewd, there is nothing of that sort at all. Just a lot of battle music and crying.

Alright, I will try watching it today. Thanks.

Should I just read the manga of Akame Ga Kill or should I just keep on watching the anime.

The manga is better at really making you feel the brutality of the cruel shit going on, mainly due to the art.

But if you're more an anime guy than a manga guy in general, the anime is serviceable. I'm expecting some obtrusive censorship, though.

Blusby

Should I just read the manga of Akame Ga Kill or should I just keep on watching the anime.

I'd stick with the adaption because Akame is the kind of series where you just wanna see what'll happen next and so far it's been very faithful to the manga, plus it has one of the better Taku OST's that I've heard in a long while.

We are "EXTREMELY COMPATIBLE". I'm willing to move in if ya want :D

Nice to see a fellow with great taste!

My MAL compatibility is shit with all of you except Hugstable.

We're the bestest of friends Counter Strike buddy. :3

I'm curious to see what my compatibility would be with Mr. Woof Woof. We seem to like similar things.

I was a child learning how to use Kazaa when I got my hands on Tsukihime and remember thinking it was one of the most visually impressive anime I've seen at the time lol. I think I just watched 4 episodes or so. It seemed edgy.

What I remember most though, is loving the hell out of the OP.

The Sacred Moon is indeed a fantastic standalone song.

My MAL is healthy in size until you realize it's mostly Detective Conan.

Finally, someone with more Conan than me.

Mokoi

Banned
My MAL is healthy in size until you realize it's mostly Detective Conan.

I'm scared to get into Detective Conan. There is just too many things to watch. The last thing I remember watching a long time ago was an episode where I dude
pretented to be fat, but just had a head underneath his shirt.
It's so ridiculous now that I think about it.

Chariot

This is legitimately creepy.
I'm sorry, it was really just a joke. Should've maybe put a smiley or something like that there.
:(
I'm scared to get into Detective Conan. There is just too many things to watch. The last thing I remember watching a long time ago was an episode where I dude
The really insane thing is how few episodes and chapters of Conan are actually related to the story with the black organisation. It makes me sad, because them and the FBI are my favorite part of the show.

I have tried watching it and it is very good, but I've had to take breaks on it. Over 600 episodes of the case after case gets exhausting. I started it a couple years ago and I am only around episode 400.

Having never seen Tsukihime, it still looks much better than the VN art, which is like a step above KEY art.

I agree, I never watched the anime myself ( read the VN though), but I think it was miles above the VN art.

I really don't like Type Moon art at all though, even the modern stuff sucks.

F/Z sucks

F/SN sucks more

the entire F/* property is shit

that loli magical girl show is the worst tho

I would say that F/Z is just OK rather bad, but this is mostly true.

Stulaw

Madoka Magica Movie 3: Rebellion

This was great, and refreshing, even with using the same characters from the series. By the time
Homura knew something was wrong, I suspected that she was the one causing it. I didn't however, expect her to be turning into a witch though.
I liked the transformation sequences, they were quite suitable. Bebe
(or Charlotte) turning out to be part of Madoka's Law of Cycles was strange to me, her getting along with Mami so well seemed quite sadistic in a way, so was the way they got rid of Hitomi's dream, I mean, it was weird and wonderful in so many ways.

It was a fitting end to the series as well
although it seems that they could make one more since Madoka could change it all back if she remembered, and "Demon" Homura probably wouldn't be able to stop it, although technically, she finally got her wish to save Madoka.

Loved it, 10/10.

Mature

It's all in the execution (no pun intended). The Mountain Villa Bandaged Man Murder Case is a very effective and classically executed whodunit.

Detective Conan is a series that's based in it's formula, but that isn't to say it's not without it's deviations and pay off. The story goes places few people will have the joy to experience. It takes a lot of patience and dedication, but the series is worth it if you're willing.

All this fate zero hate. I need to carve names into my flesh as well apparently. Valar MorgWooflis.
You can add me to that list. I tried starting that show probably three times. Couldn't wade through the Urobuchi pretension.

YamiHat 05

YfLunUG.gif

Gee, I wonder what they're trying to tell us here.

Well, it starts out in the same world as the last episode. Bad ballet guy does a lot of poses and there's broccoli eating.

And then we jump to another world and here's Hazuki and Lilith again. They meet a bunch of cavemen and a bouncy cavewoman (her name is Quile) and they fight God and wins. God then turns into a bat!? And there's that food trolley girl again... Oh, wait he's a guy not a girl and his name is Aya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom