• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

All this fate zero hate. I need to carve names into my flesh as well apparently. Valar MorgWooflis.
It's better to just make lines instead of full names, your skin getting not full so fast. Ask Zsasz.

j6f5IonmOKCMw.jpg
How the fuck is it even taking this long?
EVA or Tsukihime?

Blusby

How the fuck is it even taking this long?

Nasu's terrible, when he decides to write he writes a lot within a short amount of time, iirc he wrote both the Fate and UBW routes within the same week and then wrote HF not too long after.
It's not that he's spending all this time planning out how to make Tsukihime great but is instead sitting on his lazy ass all day playing Dark Souls 2 while Takeuchi is out drawing up more lewd images of Saber and her many clones for marketing purposes.

MAL is cool, I should update some of my stupid tags later. I used Hummingbird for a while but I decided to stick with MAL since it's the same thing and MAL Updater is pretty handy.

And I didn't know so many people hated Fate/Zero :(

Chariot

Nasu's terrible, when he decides to write he writes a lot within a short amount of time, iirc he wrote both the Fate and UBW routes within the same week and then wrote HF not too long after.
It's not that he's spending all this time planning out how to make Tsukihime great but is instead sitting on his lazy ass all day playing Dark Souls 2 while Takeuchi is out drawing up more lewd images of Saber and her many clones for marketing purposes.
I love this storys, like Berzerk's IDOLM@STER stuff.

That's right, in the cool kids club.
Mhm, no, I can't say I liked that kid much.

Pastebin is the current hotness.
I liked your previous avatar more :(

fertygo

What the hell that so pretentious with F/Z? its equivalent would be T-rated superheroes story.. Not Cannes festival film only, now that pretentious,

YamiHat 06

Suddenly a very Key looking character joins the story.

And she lives on an island together with a white tiger and a woman that knows evil ballet guy is also there. And there's some talk about pancakes and strict teachers with whips. Oh, and the whole world is tearing apart at random times and the sea gets parted in a rather biblical fashion.

Jex

I'm just glad that I was part of the group that brought Yami and School Days into AnimeGAF's regular rotation.

I am still deeply troubled that so few people are currently checking out the other timeless classics of Garzey's Wing or Mad Bull 34. Please people, pick up the pace!

Narag

I'm just glad that I was part of the group that brought Yami and School Days into AnimeGAF's regular rotation.

I am still deeply troubled that so few people are currently checking out the other timeless classics of Garzey's Wing or Mad Bull 34. Please people, pick up the pace!

Know what more people should actually watch? Riding Bean. I can't remember the last time someone did.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Watching too many shows from this season for no good reason.

Mike, trade you these two for Elfen Lied.

Valvrave and BLast of Tempest so low, why?

Yeah I liked Blast of Tempest too. Not for everyone but I liked what they went for.

That and the show pulled off a twist that legit made me go "man I should've seen this coming". One of the few anime that actually successfully pulled off a cool twist that surprised me. All the signs and hints were there.

They did a light novel contest for Chuunibyou iirc. They chose one to get published and to get an anime iirc.
That one wasn't straight up created by the staff, but the approach of it isn't like other adaptations.

After that there's Tamako Market and Free.

Seems like they're finally adapting again with Amagi Brilliant Park.

Isn't that technically adapting, since they're not creating something themselves, but adapt the winner of the contest who isn't on of their's. Well, I know they change a lot at times, but it's still an adaption, yes?Wasn't that bad, but I rather read theories about shows that don't imply it by their own will.

It's a different type of adapting. They didn't have to deal with another publisher since KyoAni published the light novel.
A lot of the profits will go to them compared to works they have to adapt.

It won't be something like where Kadokawa getting a fair chunk of the money.
The only true "original" series KyoAni has done are the Munto OVA/TV/movie series and the Tamako TV/movie series. The other works they've done since October 2012 have new "adaptations" of works submitted to the Kyoto Animation Awards. Yoko Hatta, the planner for KyoAni chose to adapt those works into a TV series and asked Ishihara, Utsumi, and Ishidate to direct those works along with Hanada and Yokotani as series composers. Due to the lack of material (Hanada specifically mentioned how there was only one novel and the outline of another when he and Ishidate composed the anime version of Kyoukai), the TV series have been very loose if not contradicting the original works. Free! is somewhat original and somewhat not. The source material took place in elementary school while Utsumi chose to adapt it into high school as that's when she swam for a team.

What we mean by KyoAni IPs is that they are the publishing house for these materials. While not original, they own the rights to adapt these works and contribute the most to the production committees adapting them into anime. They also are the main part of the "sales company" for videogram sales, which means they get the lion's share of profits from all video disc sales in Japan.

Amagi is a very interesting situation as it combines the two prior companies that KyoAni worked with (TBS and Kadokawa Shoten) and exemplifies how cheap Kadokawa has gotten. Kadokawa wouldn't pay for a full single-cour length show (notice all the 10 episode series, that's Kadokawa at work), so they had to partner with TBS to pay to make the show. This committee hasn't been publicly revealed, so that's all we can say at the moment regarding its makeup. Needless to say, it's published by a branch of Kadokawa Group (Fujimi Shobo) and thus the rights are different than the CTFK series. Takemoto is on record in the latest Newtype as saying he'll be changing things from the novel, so this won't be a 1:1 adaptation either.

Apologies if anything is unclear.

Blade Dance 2
Still going pretty typical fantasy harem. Now its introducing the old turned evil acquaintance. Expecting the knight to be like putty in his hand by next episode's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom