• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

DUDE. SPOILERS. I'M ON EPISODE 13.

Lol, just kidding. Good to know that the reveal of
Master Asia being in cahoots with the Devil Gundam comes earlier rather than later. I knew he was a villain long before hand. I was going to ask you about it because he seemed like an awesome guy in episode 12. I was wondering how long it would take until the big betrayal.

Honestly, as much as I hate spoiling stuff, at this point in the show it isn't even a secret, and Master Asia being the bad guy is sort of the unsecret for G Gundam. Like, anybody who is remotely familiar with the show tends to know it, I guess. Especially since G Gundam is more about how Domon and Master's relationship is defined due to the betrayal than keeping it a secret.

Tokyo Ghoul 3

In true anime fashion, the way they want you to sympathize for a race or something similar is to have a cute girl. And this one is super kawaii and shit, calling the wimpy lead onii-chan and everything. It's not drop-worthy yet, I hear that it turns into a battle anime, I just hope the lead stops being so whiny. We don't need another wimp lead.

I think I should watch Mad Bull 34 sometime.

Watch it dubbed, it's everything that is right about japanese stereotypes of Americans only with bad new york accents.

CorvoSol

I think I should watch Mad Bull 34 sometime.

It's four hour (45 minutes?) long episodes.

Just be warned that 1) There is a lot of nudity. 2) There is a lot of violent gore and 3) There's a fair amount of racism, too. For me though, the saving grace is that all three were so ridiculously over the top that it looped into being funny in an appalling way.

santeesioux

Anime is funny, did anyone else laugh when the manager guy in Hanayamata said he was an old man and he turned out to only be 33? Of course unmarried female teachers are considered old at 29 too.

cajunator

Banned
I wonder if funimations 3.0 will be out before then :( Im still waiting to see it.

Ha. I doubt it. (Still havent watched 3.0 yet)

It's probably due to my list being a bit short still haha. I don't think I've dabbled in anything too lewd yet. Here's my MAL for anyone interested :D

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Hugstable

87.8% O_O

Im curious as to why our list compatibility is that high

Added several of yall to my MAL friends list. I havent updated it in a while though.

Hugstable

Banned

87.8% O_O

Added several of yall to my MAL friends list. I havent updated it in a while though.

My anime list still isn't super big yet, and alot of what I've seen have been from recommendations and such. I got High Compatability with alot of posters haha :D

Chariot

87.8% O_O

Did you add yours truly?
I see two accounts who both don't look like you.
Nah, not gonna make a MAL. Don't feel like trying to put and hundreds of anime and manga I've watched and read on it.
But it's fun to insert data and give scores.

Baccano! 04

Gc6S2ky.png
Ladd is scary. That one kid with the Senator's wife is scary. Time jumps backwards and forwards are scary. Isaac and Miria are still great. I still don't know what's going on. I'm lost at a "Mekaku City Actors" level.

cajunator

Banned
I was a child learning how to use Kazaa when I got my hands on Tsukihime and remember thinking it was one of the most visually impressive anime I've seen at the time lol. I think I just watched 4 episodes or so. It seemed edgy.

What I remember most though, is loving the hell out of the OP.

It was a good OP thats for sure.

http://hummingbird.me/users/cajunator

YamiHat 05

YfLunUG.gif

Gee, I wonder what they're trying to tell us here.

Well, it starts out in the same world as the last episode. Bad ballet guy does a lot of poses and there's broccoli eating.

And then we jump to another world and here's Hazuki and Lilith again. They meet a bunch of cavemen and a bouncy cavewoman (her name is Quile) and they fight God and wins. God then turns into a bat!? And there's that food trolley girl again... Oh, wait he's a guy not a girl and his name is Aya.

Just you wait, more confusion lies ahead! Much much more!

Rhapsody

Banned

87.8% O_O

58.9 percent compatibility. But seeing a Stocking avy and Sanya avy, I'm just going to ignore that low percentage.

Baccano! 04

Ladd is scary. That one kid with the Senator's wife is scary. Time jumps backwards and forwards are scary. Isaac and Miria are still great. I still don't know what's going on. I'm lost at a "Mekaku City Actors" level.

hey you're watching Baccano, another of the few anime I own in blu-ray and I even have the special collector's edition because it's top 5. But why aren't you watching it dubbed? It's so good dub.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hanayamata 3
tieeYDQl.jpg

What a random and cute intro.

They seem to be playing up the whole "not-yuri-but-sort-of-yuri" love triangle thing really hard, but the genuine energy of the show makes that really more of a side note than anything else. Hana's super genkiness is really infectious, almost annoyingly so as they point out in the show. But Hana is also able to call out the yuriness of the other relationship in the show, so it all sort of balances out. There's enough self-awareness to make it not completely saccharine.

Also, some random truth bombs:
UdiXvU1l.jpg

These are the serious questions that need answers!

hey you're watching Baccano, another of the few anime I own in blu-ray and I even have the special collector's edition because it's top 5. But why aren't you watching it dubbed? It's so good dub.

I think you're the third person to ask me this. I only watch my anime in it's original, purist form! Not really but I've already started sub and I don't really want to switch midway now.

I somehow have an 80% compatibility with Cajunator. Somehow I thought it would be much different. (How does it determine these metrics any ways?)

Baccano! Is one of those rare cases where the dub is the best way to watch it.

Only other anime IIRC that I think are better dubbed than subbed are Code Geass and DBZ.

..I actually was considering starting Black Rock Shooter TV soon.

Weren't you watching Baccano!? You should finish that instead!

Jex

The way he tells his stories all have this heart warming tone to them and as such, they all feel really limited in what they accomplish. I didn't really like Kiki for this exact reason because it all feels rote. It feels like the characters are there to pander to someone rather than feel like characters in their own right. There have been directors who have done children movies but done much more in the context of their individual films or works, than what I feel Miyazaki has accomplished.

I don't think his films have a good sense of atmosphere either now that I think about it.

I'll admit I'm being overly harsh but I think Kiki, Howl, Totoro and The Wind Rises all rubbed me the wrong way.

I, well, er, well, hmm.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, not a ponytail! She actually looks very cute. Don't make me watch sharky! :(
Secret best show of the season!

You would think she would be used to that though...

I wonder if one of her parents is Japanese or she is just such a weeaboo that she goes by Hana
I assume she's super weeb and gave herself that name. lol

Although when they show that she only eats sandwiches at lunch, I half expected them to reveal that she is an orphan or something and is super genki in order to compensate. Maybe the name Hana is just a coping mechanism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom