• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

Now this is just a crime. What in gods name. Does CR just blindly take the TV runs and ignore everything else, even if it is important?

It's terrible, but I'm sure they didn't intentionally do it.

I'm sure they were given the license to air the 12 episodes, and tried to negotiate on the final 3, but for whatever reason, were not able to get them.

Sometimes licensors won't budge on the strangest things. I know for a fact CR knows they're missing those episodes and I know for a fact CR would like to have them, if it were possible. But for some reason (we don't know) they don't. I'm sure there's something going on behind the scenes.

PewPewK

Alright, guess that's a project to work on. I did like bake quite a bit.

It gets way better.

Bakemonogatari was great, but I felt it suffered with the arcs being too short and very little tying everything together.

Nisemonogatari fixed the "short" problem by switching 11 episodes into 2 arcs, but the arcs weren't quite as good, at least in my opinion.

Monogatari Series Second Season, on the other hand, is hands down the best. Fixes the "short" problem by giving each arc at least 4-5 episodes. The arcs themselves are better than Bake or Nise AND we start to get a glimpse at what is tying everything in the series together.
I know this show is building up towards something huge. I can't tell what it is yet, but they're clearly hinting that a lot more is going on behind the scenes than what we currently know. Ougi Oshino especially.

Chariot

Alright, guess that's a project to work on. I did like bake quite a bit.
Nisemonogatari is a little step down, since it has an increased amount of fanservice and the stories are not that strong, but Monogatari Second surpasses both easily. If you liked Bake, you're gonna love Monogatari Second Season.

I'm sure they were given the license to air the 12 episodes, and tried to negotiate on the final 3, but for whatever reason, were not able to get them.

Sometimes licensors won't budge on the strangest things. I know for a fact CR knows they're missing those episodes and I know for a fact CR would like to have them, if it were possible. But for some reason (we don't know) they don't. I'm sure there's something going on behind the scenes.
I see. Really, really weird and sad for those who want to experience the whole show on CR.

Forgot that and had to edit it in. Ep 12 being maybe the best episode of the whole series is a fitting end to the show anyhow. :p Besides he said he watched Bake already.
Just remarking, that it's stupid in general.

Do they have OVA/ONA episodes for any of the shows they got?

I know they had the Oreimo S2 ones for a while, but it was only for a few months or something.

PewPewK

Do they have OVA/ONA episodes for any of the shows they got?

I know they had the Oreimo S2 ones for a while, but it was only for a few months or something.

They have some. They, rather recently, got the rights to the Squid Girl OVAs. Those had been out for over a year (2012 and 2013), and they acquired streaming rights like 2-3 months ago.

I don't use CR a whole lot so I'm not sure what other OVAs/ONAs they have though.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Forgot that and had to edit it in. Ep 12 being maybe the best episode of the whole series is a fitting end to the show anyhow. :p Besides he said he watched Bake already.

Skip episode 8 of Nise if you value your sanity

Bad advice. Your dentist won't be proud of you!

My favorite Monogatari OP is probably Mousou Express, but they're all really good.

You have good taste.

I am in agreement. Mousou Express is my favorite, though Futakotome is close. I also got legit chills the first time I heard Mousou Express's full version and it ended the same way Renai Circulation began.

Edit: I guess I should be more specific. Renai Circulation starts with a se~no and toward the end of Mousou Express before the doki doki there's also a se~no which I really loved.

They have some. They, rather recently, got the rights to the Squid Girl OVAs. Those had been out for over a year (2012 and 2013), and they acquired streaming rights like 2-3 months ago.

Ah. All the shows I've seen on there so far has not had them.

Same with the shows I've seen on Hulu.

JoeFu

Banned
Aww man I missed some Monogatari stuff

I love the whole series and I need Hana now!!!

And as always Kizu when?

As for favorite OP I'm not sure what I like the most. Renai is catchy, but I like Staple Staple too. I don't even remember any from Nise. My fav open from the second season might be Happy Bite.

PewPewK

I'd actually say skip the whole Nise if it wasn't for three important character introductions and the best
Araragi beat down as of yet.

I don't think Nise was that bad. Sure it's not as good as the rest of the Monogatari Series (Bake, Neko, & Second Season), but it still ranks far higher than most other anime I've watched. So I could never bring myself to recommend skipping Nise.

Chariot

I don't think Nise was that bad. Sure it's not as good as the rest of the Monogatari Series (Bake, Neko, & Second Season), but it still ranks far higher than most other anime I've watched. So I could never bring myself to recommend skipping Nise.
Yes, Nisemonogatari is an essential part. But I do say people that they maybe have to struggle through this season to get to the goodness that is Monogatari Second Season.

Thoraxes

That one is actually two different colored version of the Mousou Express OP. This one shows off the differences between Renai Circulation and Mousou Express. It's the same OP (mostly) in reverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CDxiweSMfg

Oh I did have it correct before I made those 5 edits to my post lol. I wasn't sure if it was that or I just found shitty youtube videos that had to have weird stuff done to them to get around copyrights.

I couldn't find a better video with the similarities.

PewPewK

Is it sad to say I cried on episode 20 of the second season?

Like I watched it a few times and it still got to me

You aren't the only one. My friend admitted to crying over that episode as well the first time he watched it. When I watched it, I certainly got teary-eyed as well. Great episode.

Chariot

Is it sad to say I cried on episode 20 of the second season?

Like I watched it a few times and it still got to me

You aren't the only one. My friend admitted to crying over that episode as well the first time he watched it. When I watched it, I certainly got teary-eyed as well. Great episode.
People who haven't watched Monogatari Second Season yet, shouldn't watch the following video. It's innocent enough, but with the context of the quoted posts and my post it could be a spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqBM-Y4r9Q

I knew this video before the episode and when it happened, it hit me like a truck. This video is so much more touching and heavy after that episode.

Manipulating people to do what?
To be emotional invested in a show?

fertygo

Dude, you just don't putting AMV with One Republic song, you just don't..

Happiness Charge Precure - 24

Welp, this might potentially ruin this show..

phaze

I'll praise Nise for for being a philosophical trip that made me question many things in my life

Like:

What the hell am I watching ?

What fuck am I doing with my time ?

Who would knock at my door at 6 in the morning ?

On a serious note, the series as a whole is a mixed bag for me and Nise had boring arcs that mainly followed Bake's tropes, bad pacing and the lewd that exceeded my endurance limits.

Chariot

This is hilarious.

haha yeah that's true

Just kinda weird how people are so overt about it, oh well.
Heh, I was a moderator in a german animechat once. It had a decent amount of users - problem: most of them were kids and teenagers and the shit I had to read there. I probably became moderator because I was one of the few who didn't thought that he was a complex psycho (those were those I AM SO DEEP AND COMPLICATED NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME typ of people) or tried to hit on underage girls.
While the majority was female, most of the males were either hitting on the females (or those who claimed to be female) or really creepy talking about fictional anime characters. This wasn't lighthearted waifu talk, it was "Mhm, if only X was real, I would so fuck her in the eyesocket"-kind of talks.

Brrr, just thinking about it make me shiver.

Best animate
BtHtc9FCYAIynz4.jpg

JoeFu

Banned
This is hilarious.

Heh, I was a moderator in a german animechat once. It had a decent amount of users - problem: most of them were kids and teenagers and the shit I had to read there. I probably became moderator because I was one of the few who didn't thought that he was a complex psycho (those were those I AM SO DEEP AND COMPLICATED NOBODY UNDERSTANDS ME typ of people) or tried to hit on underage girls.
While the majority was female, most of the males were either hitting on the females (or those who claimed to be female) or really creepy talking about fictional anime characters. This wasn't lighthearted waifu talk, it was "Mhm, if only X was real, I would so fuck her in the eyesocket"-kind of talks.

Brrr, just thinking about it make me shiver.

wow sounds like a fun and normal bunch of people....

Chariot

Clearly if I'm wrong it's automatically good because it is popular.
I asked you for an elaboration.You just expressed that you don't like it, but not why.
wow sounds like a fun and normal bunch of people....
Yeah. I would've liked to do a culling, but policy was to just let them do. I eventually left because it was just to much. When MAL and hentai communities are multiple levels more decent and less creepy, your community is fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom